Status
Not open for further replies.

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
I only own one "somewhat recent" smok device. R-Steam Mini 80w TC. I find it an annoying little bugger for 2 reasons.

1. The scrolling menu system. Just a totally annoying and unnecessary pain.

2. In TC mode this device does not allow me to set wattage. It auto senses the coil and dictates the "optimal" wattage for me. :mad:

These annoyances are enuf that the only purpose this mod serves for me is as a fairly decent single bay charger!!

Sooo my query is, would I encounter the same issues with the AL85 system? I don't really need another battery charger.

Last edited:

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
The AL85 uses a scrolling menu system as well. Don't know if it's the same menu as the R-Steam mini. You can, however, set the wattage for TC yourself. The only downside is TC isn't all that great. It's OK, but if you're looking for TC as a primary function, I'd look at other mods out there. Still, it's nice in wattage and takes a 25 mm tank.

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
You can, however, set the wattage for TC yourself.

Hmmmm. Well, first off, thanks for the reply Eskie. But now I'm back to not knowing.:oops: Are you saying you can actually set wattage in TC or are you talking about that "hit strength" adjustment? Which my current Smok mod battery charger also has. Had another member call that wattage adjustment. It does make a difference but for me that ain't the same thing.

Oh well, I'm pleased with my Picos. I'll just leave the Smok stuff alone.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
No, you can set an actual wattage value, like 32W 400F, if you want. However, that capability doesn't improve the TC performance so I don't pay it much attention.

If you like your Picos, why not wait for the new Pico 85W holds a 25 mm tank with one 18650 that's coming out hopefully soon? All the advantages of the original Pico (hopefully) with the large tank accommodation that made a plain Pico feel limited, at least for me with mostly 24-25 mm tanks.

Reactions: Foggy Road

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
No, you can set an actual wattage value, like 32W 400F, if you want. However, that capability doesn't improve the TC performance so I don't pay it much attention.

If you like your Picos, why not wait for the new Pico 85W holds a 25 mm tank with one 18650 that's coming out hopefully soon? All the advantages of the original Pico (hopefully) with the large tank accommodation that made a plain Pico feel limited, at least for me with mostly 24-25 mm tanks.
Yeah just gonna stick with the Pico. Don't see any need for larger tank in my foreseeable future. Wouldn't mind getting hold of one of the Resin models tho.

Reactions: Eskie
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread