Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
Just got the v2 tank for the Smok AL85. When trying to use it, it just keeps telling me that it's "low battery" even though it's a freshly charged battery. It does this with the .15 coil and the .2 coil. No problems when using my original tank and coils. Any suggestions??
What brand and model of battery are you using? Where did you buy the battery?

I just realized you said no problems with a different tank. Did you examine the tanks 510 pin and insulator?

Last edited:
Reactions: stols001

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
Only losers buy SMOK. Take a small percentage of the money you used to spend monthly on analogs and buy a Geekvape anything.
While Smok does have some bad products, I have to say the AL85 I bought 2 years ago is still going strong. I used it daily for a few months, then gave it to my sister and it is the only mod she uses since then. The company Smok does not have a decent customer service, and there is some QC problems, but some stuff from them works. That AL85 has outlasted an Aegis mod and a Gbox a friend of mine had.

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
KMG-Imports-Vape-What-is-a-510-connector-and-why-you-should-care-male-connector-graphic.jpg

This pic shows what I'm talking about. If that insulator is missing or damaged, it will cause a short and make your mod throw messages. If the positive pin is touching the threaded negative base, it will also cause a short.

BTW you don't need to take it apart to see it.

• Useful

GOMuniEsq

Self-Proclaimed Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2012
Alberta, Canada
Wow. Thanks for all the amazing help.
Sounds like sarcasm to me. Sarcasm is the last resort of the knee-jerk passive-aggressive type when threatened. Toughen up, buttercake. Geekvape is da wae. You'll thank me once you overcome the self-imposed suffering.

• Optimistic

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Dude, @GOMuniEsq like take it easy on the guy. He asked a question, he's new, chill. Your answer was also not remotely helpful without context you got no idea what the guy has going on. I won't say sarcasm is EVER deserved (sarcasm) but like you really brought it on yourself.

It could be your batteries are getting older and it could be the batteries can't handle the resistance of the V2 coils, if it is different, and it could be, like one poster suggested a connection problem.

How old is your gear ? (pics may be helpful)
What batteries you got and pics may be helpful?
Where from (they may be rewraps)
What is the resistance of your new coil versus your old coil?
Does it work with the V1 on top?
Have you been externally or internally (via USB) charging your batteries?

PICS when possible..

Good luck and welcome.
Anna

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
Geekvape is da wae.
I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but geekvape is not the best thing ever made or anything. The Aegis legend has tons of reported issues such as not turning on from a cheap battery contact plate on the door that bends and does not make connection with the contact pin. They have tons of reports of very poor customer service as well. Basically, they are still a cheap Chinese company just like smok.

Here one reference of others poor experience with the legend and customer service

Aegis Legend 200w not turning on

Picking on others because they use something you feel is less than what you use shows how mature you really are. You don't see me telling him to go get some of my favorite mods, which truely are high quality.

GOMuniEsq

Self-Proclaimed Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2012
Alberta, Canada
I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but geekvape is not the best thing ever made or anything. The Aegis legend has tons of reported issues such as not turning on from a cheap battery contact plate on the door that bends and does not make connection with the contact pin. They have tons of reports of very poor customer service as well. Basically, they are still a cheap Chinese company just like smok.

Here one reference of others poor experience with the legend and customer service

Picking on others because they use something you feel is less than what you use shows how mature you really are. You don't see me telling him to go get some of my favorite mods, which truely are high quality.

Do I believe what I am hearing? Geekvape is the bomb, friend. It's the apex of the quality vs. price curve. I'll grant you the edge cases, but those are the exception, and it seems like you're fishing to bolster your knee-jerk white-knight defense. You're seriously going to stoop to trashing Geekvape? This guy needs the facts in plain terms. I'm not advocating elitism: SMOK is simply trash beyond redemption. SMOK have had nine years to clean up their act but they just keep producing shiny garbage. I'm inviting all their toe-dipping users to experience the fine waters of the adult pool, the gateway to a better vaping experience. Now is the time to open the wallet if there ever was one.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
ETA: If there was an exploding volcano rating, that is how I would rate the above post. GOD. There isn't. Consider yourself volcanoed, dude.

I don't think Geekvape is the problem. Nothing works 100% of the time, and yes, Smok has a high failure rate.

This issue is when someone has a problem if like you are trying to REMEDIATE the problem the solution is not to just go say, "GO BUY X MANUFACTURER" whatever it might be.

A) You have not even identified the problem yet
B) You are being a douche for like, NO reason at all
C) you are alienating some new person by being a jerk and he did not DO anything to you, personally other than ask a question
D) If you don't identify and/fix the problem if it is user error, well, guess what NO MOD will work
E) You display a lack of critical thinking skills, and that makes me want to kick you in the kneecap in a virtual way LIKE FREAKING TAKE SOME ONLINE LOGIC CLASSES IF THAT IS ALL YOU CAN AFFORD BUT YOU SEEM TO LIKE GEEKVAPE SO LIKE YOU HAVE SOME DOUGH. So, learn this lovely thing called logic, and you will thing, "Hmm... If I want to wean this guy from SMOK products (which is not necessarily a NON-virtuous goal, BTW) I need to help him figure it out and if it is a FATAL flaw, perhaps THEN I will mention my favorite mod company of all time, Geekvape.

For the love of God people NOW is not the time to give up our critical thinking skills or not to obtain them as the case may be.

F) You were just a jerk for no reason and I've been there, which is why I am pointing it OUT.

poor guy.
Anna

GOMuniEsq

Self-Proclaimed Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2012
Alberta, Canada
ETA: If there was an exploding volcano rating, that is how I would rate the above post. GOD. There isn't. Consider yourself volcanoed, dude.

I don't think Geekvape is the problem. Nothing works 100% of the time, and yes, Smok has a high failure rate.

This issue is when someone has a problem if like you are trying to REMEDIATE the problem the solution is not to just go say, "GO BUY X MANUFACTURER" whatever it might be.

A) You have not even identified the problem yet
B) You are being a douche for like, NO reason at all
C) you are alienating some new person by being a jerk and he did not DO anything to you, personally other than ask a question
D) If you don't identify and/fix the problem if it is user error, well, guess what NO MOD will work
E) You display a lack of critical thinking skills, and that makes me want to kick you in the kneecap in a virtual way LIKE FREAKING TAKE SOME ONLINE LOGIC CLASSES IF THAT IS ALL YOU CAN AFFORD BUT YOU SEEM TO LIKE GEEKVAPE SO LIKE YOU HAVE SOME DOUGH. So, learn this lovely thing called logic, and you will thing, "Hmm... If I want to wean this guy from SMOK products (which is not necessarily a NON-virtuous goal, BTW) I need to help him figure it out and if it is a FATAL flaw, perhaps THEN I will mention my favorite mod company of all time, Geekvape.

For the love of God people NOW is not the time to give up our critical thinking skills or not to obtain them as the case may be.

F) You were just a jerk for no reason and I've been there, which is why I am pointing it OUT.

poor guy.
Anna
Have it your way. Let's fight! Put up your dukes @stols001! You want to list POINTS? I love lists. Under my unflappable exterior lies an @bombastinator who will argue it down to the tedious minutiae.
A) Newbie's problem is SMOK.
B) I'm being direct because I've heard enough from cheapskate SMOK users crying about their inevitable self-inflicted problems.
C) Newbie is assumed not to be so thin-skinned as to be damaged by straightforward language. This assumption is a courtesy.
D) The user error is being the sort of person who is so dubious of efficacy that he is only willing to shell out for a cheap SMOK.
E) We can send each other virtual kicks until we're virtually black and blue. The "logical" progression from SMOK crap is to Geekvape. It's nearly as affordable, but durable and trustworthy, and original unlike the Vaporesso and Wismec copies. Points are awarded to the first manufacturer to recognize that people are clumsy and that things fall on the floor.
F) If you've been there, have the generosity to allow others to enjoy the same privilege.

Here are some more points, arbitrarily lettered for your inconvenience:
Q) You can drop Geekvape on the ground and it bounces back into your hand better than new.
R) If a person could afford to smoke cigarettes, he can afford to buy a Geekvape. A full setup costs two weeks of smoking at most.
S) CAPS FOR EMPHASIS
T) I've heard enough from the short-sighted skinflint apologists. I'm far from rich. I'm a poor, just like everybody with enough free time to comment here daily seems to be (if not retired), but I'm not a beggar and I'm not a victim. Because I know a good investment when I see one. SMOKs cost three times as much as a proper unit when the short lifespan and expensive consumables are factored in. I'm the greatest cheapskate of all, so take it from me.

Bill54

ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2010
Florida USA
Thanks for the help guys/gals. Just confirmed that the insulator and pin are both there.

Smok AL85
Samsung 18650 - 25R batteries (1 month old)

As for the person that decided to come here and offer nothing helpful....I'm not worried about it. I come in contact with people like that all the time. They're usually trying to make up for something they're lacking in their own like and decide to try and bring others down. Misery loves company. They're not really worth putting more effort into. I'll just move along and not give them the attention they're looking for.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA

I’ll take that geekvape can be overhyped and is not the Jesus vape. The number of complaints about non working or badly working stuff I see here are literally majority SMOK. Sometimes they do last. There are a lot of them out there after all. Many of em don’t though. A SMOK mod that lasts over a year seems to be pretty unusual. Way too often it’s more like a few months or less. There are shop owners and former shop owners here who actually stopped carrying SMOK because they got so very vey many returns that it was actually hurting their businesses.
I generally say anything but SMOK. Sometimes people get lucky with a SMOK device. I think this person actually has already. He wore out a set of batteries with it apparently and is on to some new ones. It’s much harder to find a best brand than identify an unusually bad one.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Have it your way. Let's fight! Put up your dukes @stols001! You want to list POINTS? I love lists. Under my unflappable exterior lies an @bombastinator who will argue it down to the tedious minutiae.
A) Newbie's problem is SMOK.
B) I'm being direct because I've heard enough from cheapskate SMOK users crying about their inevitable self-inflicted problems.
C) Newbie is assumed not to be so thin-skinned as to be damaged by straightforward language. This assumption is a courtesy.
D) The user error is being the sort of person who is so dubious of efficacy that he is only willing to shell out for a cheap SMOK.
E) We can send each other virtual kicks until we're virtually black and blue. The "logical" progression from SMOK crap is to Geekvape. It's nearly as affordable, but durable and trustworthy, and original unlike the Vaporesso and Wismec copies. Points are awarded to the first manufacturer to recognize that people are clumsy and that things fall on the floor.
F) If you've been there, have the generosity to allow others to enjoy the same privilege.

Here are some more points, arbitrarily lettered for your inconvenience:
Q) You can drop Geekvape on the ground and it bounces back into your hand better than new.
R) If a person could afford to smoke cigarettes, he can afford to buy a Geekvape. A full setup costs two weeks of smoking at most.
S) CAPS FOR EMPHASIS
T) I've heard enough from the short-sighted skinflint apologists. I'm far from rich. I'm a poor, just like everybody with enough free time to comment here daily seems to be (if not retired), but I'm not a beggar and I'm not a victim. Because I know a good investment when I see one. SMOKs cost three times as much as a proper unit when the short lifespan and expensive consumables are factored in. I'm the greatest cheapskate of all, so take it from me.
That about me is true. I do tend to argue down to the minutiae. It’s where people tend to hide their BS.

Bill54

ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2010
Florida USA
I usually only run the AL85 at 45 watts. It holds up white well with the stock tanks/coils for the kit. It's just this V2 tank that's giving me problems. It worked for a few hours last night, but is back to not working again this morning with a freshly charged battery. I purchased the Samsung batteries from electric tobacconist.

As for Smok stuff not lasting....I've had this AL85 kit for almost 3 years now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread