ald amaze wow dry herb vaporizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

dougperes

Feb 4, 2020
Hi there!

After 18 months of occasional use, the battery of my ald amaze wow dry herb vaporizer is gone... It gets totally charged, but when I try to turn it on the display shows the "low battery" message after a few seconds, and it turns off.
I had a hard time to disassemble it, and I could see that it has a pair of 14500 3,7V 900 mAh battery inside ( in parallel, so they provide a 3.7V 1800 mAh supply).
I've tried to use many batteries with same voltage and same or bigger capacity, but I always get the "low battery" message and an auto turn off.

I also tried to use several kinds of power supply (1A and 2A, from 3,7 to 4,2V) instead of batteries, with no success. Using power supply I don't get the "low battery" message, but the vaporizer turns off immediately after power on.

I wish I could use an external power supply to get that thing working again, or find a pair of compatible batteries, but nothing worked up the moment.
Does anyone have a suggestion?
Thanks in advance.

Reactions: BrotherBob

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
That's a downside for using an internal battery device. Once the battery(s) is/are done, the entire device needs to be replaced. They are not designed to be able to replace the battery.

Not sure if they are available for dry herb devices, but you need to research for an external (replacable) battery device if you want to be able to replace the battery.

lipo-or-18650_large.jpg

Internal Battery (Lipo) or External Batteries (18650)? Which type is right for you?

Last edited:

dougperes

Feb 4, 2020
I'm sorry for using the wrong Forum! I thought that e-cigars and vaporizers had battery issues in common, and somebody here could know how to use a power supply or new batteries...I already bought a new one, 2 months ago, but I'm still trying to get the old one working again...After trying many batteries and many power supplies I came to the conclusion that the firmware of the vaporizer needs a reset, but I still don't know how to do it. I'll keep trying. Thanks a lot to all of you who spent time commenting this thread. Sorry for my bad English.

dougperes

Feb 4, 2020
  • Deleted by Sloth Tonight
  • Reason: Duplicate post

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
It was my fault. I'm not used to forums :/ Thank you for your attention and cordiality.
Nah, it was mine. I'm still relatively new to moderation. In retrospect I should have deleted the duplicate post, not try to merge it (as it had no replies, so the only thing it merged was your OP). Live and learn. :)

To answer your question though, I agree with Don...it's done. Have a look through this subforum perhaps? There are several threads about other dry herb vapes, perhaps one will appeal to you as a replacement :)

Reactions: Baditude

dougperes

Feb 4, 2020
No doubts it's done. I already bought another, but I must confess that I like that kind of "challenge" :) I'm used to do small repairs in many things (bycicles, computers, microwave ovens, music instruments...got something not working? Let me take a look, haha. It's sort of a hobby. Sometimes I win, but this battle in particular has not been easy.
Thanks for your message. I'll read another threads to see if someone knows how to reset that thing.

Dieseler

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2011
Illinois
No doubts it's done. I already bought another, but I must confess that I like that kind of "challenge" :) I'm used to do small repairs in many things (bycicles, computers, microwave ovens, music instruments...got something not working? Let me take a look, haha. It's sort of a hobby. Sometimes I win, but this battle in particular has not been easy.
Thanks for your message. I'll read another threads to see if someone knows how to reset that thing.

DO, if you read this here i always tries to fix things especially into lionel model trains have built a few e cig mods from kits years back..
Anyways to check if its the batteries and after a charge if you have a meter check their voltage instead of the mod doing it, it may be something else like a board or charging port etc that went haywire.
Some things just cant be fixed by the user due to un available parts i have learned in past but at least it
is somewhat satisfying to learn what actually went wrong.

Reactions: dougperes

dougperes

Feb 4, 2020
Thanks for your message, Dieseler. Original batteries were 14500 3,7 V 900 mAh. I had a pair of 14500, but they were 3,6V 800 mAh. They didn't work. I've got a Battery low message. Charging port is ok, and I also tried an external charger. After that I tried two 18650 batteries, this time with 3,7V and 1200 mAh (each). All batteries was around 4,2V after charging. I tried 3 pairs (from 2 old notebooks). Batteries seems ok, but I'm still getting the low battery message. When I use a power suply (from the outlet) I have no low battery message, but the vaporizer simply goes off. It was not made to replace batteries. I think that when the old batteries were bad, the circuit recorded this information forever (maybe for safety reasons), and now it's not working. Trying to get how to reset the board, but yes, you are right. I also discovered that sometimes it isn't possible, but I always believe in miracles :)

Ibambus

Mar 24, 2021
Thanks for your message, Dieseler. Original batteries were 14500 3,7 V 900 mAh. I had a pair of 14500, but they were 3,6V 800 mAh. They didn't work. I've got a Battery low message. Charging port is ok, and I also tried an external charger. After that I tried two 18650 batteries, this time with 3,7V and 1200 mAh (each). All batteries was around 4,2V after charging. I tried 3 pairs (from 2 old notebooks). Batteries seems ok, but I'm still getting the low battery message. When I use a power suply (from the outlet) I have no low battery message, but the vaporizer simply goes off. It was not made to replace batteries. I think that when the old batteries were bad, the circuit recorded this information forever (maybe for safety reasons), and now it's not working. Trying to get how to reset the board, but yes, you are right. I also discovered that sometimes it isn't possible, but I always believe in miracles :)
it's need lots of power to start, my PSU 10A can't handle it, but battery can, but not from notebook, 1 cell 18650 from notebook can deliver max 5A in short. You need high current drain cell from e-scooter, power drill can handle about 10A or more per cell, parallel even more. Google for "high drain 18650"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread