Status
Not open for further replies.

Ladiekali

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Florida
I kinda like it. For the price I think it's a great mod. Easy to read screen. Love the fire button. Battery life. I don't regret my purchase. Not a fan of the tank it comes with. I just didn't like the way my juice tasted compared to my usual tank.

My other mods are in order of preference...
sx mini Q class. My favorite mod. Much heavier price tag.
Vapor flask stout. Beater mod.
Tesla nano 60 watt.
Provari P3.

I would say the alien 220 is my second favorite.

Reactions: Laura Miller

Nehbulah

Apr 20, 2017
I've been thinking about picking one up. Anyone use or have experience with this device? Love / hate?
Great mod. I have 3. No problems.
Do not ever consider the Wismec Predator.
The Sigelei Kaos is surprisingly a great mod as well if you're looking for that sort of form factor.
I like it just as much as the Alien.
The paint job on the Kaos is also a lot better than the Alien.

Reactions: Tonee N

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I love the size, shape, screen, and battery life, but the temperature control is not good.

Sent from my K6000 Pro using Tapatalk

And I was just about to write the exact same post. Great mod overall, don't bother if you want to use TC.

dobroeutro

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2016
North Carolina
I've been thinking about picking one up. Anyone use or have experience with this device? Love / hate?

I've had the new Joyetech Primo 2.0 & Primo Mini for about a week now and am very pleased with the fit, finish & performance of each. TC on both is very good. I haven't used the ProCore Aries tanks that came with the kits yet. I have the Alien & the Predator as well and although they are ok, I much prefer the Primo's. Might be worth your time to take a look... :cool:

Reactions: Eskie

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    And I was just about to write the exact same post. Great mod overall, don't bother if you want to use TC.
    I have to agree with you 100%, in temp it's great for a very short time then it changes to a bad anemic vape but in wattage mode I love it.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
    ECF Veteran
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    I ordered an Alien 220W today. I bought it for 10W +/- vaping because of the dual battery life. I also picked up a Pico Dual on sale for $24.99 at VaporDNA for the same reason. You can never have too many mods given the uncertain future of FDA approval regulations. I'd rather have too many than not enough. They don't last forever,

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
    ECF Veteran
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    The first thing I noticed was that in TC mode the wattage on the Alien 220W won't go below 15W. That's a shame because I vape in TC mode at 10W. That's my happy spot.

The Alien 220W goes from 6W to 220W in wattage mode. I can't for the life of me see why it couldn't hit that range in TC mode. Oh Well, I ordered it for the dual battery life, but I do like the increased battery life of TC mode at the same wattage on my other mods. The specs listed wattage as variable from 6W to 220W and didn't say anything about mode differences.

Belushi

ECF Veteran
    Jun 14, 2009
    The Colony, TX
    I have one, black scratches pretty good, and my 510 connector started popping out. I maybe a bit rough on my mods. Son has a white one, it seem to be holding up a lot better. Maybe I got a bad batch.

5d9a5beeef53fab441ef500f14710a70.jpg

I've since moved on [emoji4]

632d84d743f6d4f844b70527dc2e454f.jpg

Reactions: Laura Miller

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
    ECF Veteran
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    Mine is black with gold trim. The few scratches I have aren't noticeable except in bright light with a close inspection. There's a tiny bit of wear where I slide it in and out of a jeans pocket.

TC mode isn't really good at all. Lowest wattage in TC mode is 15W and it's too warm for my taste. Other than that it's a good mod that's holding up fine. I'm hoping that a firmware fix will straighten out the TC mode issues.

For the time being I'll vape it at 10W in power mode. I like the 5 click lock mode. If you use it nothing changes when you sit down with it in a pocket.

Laura Miller

Aug 10, 2016
    We got 2 right when they first hit our local Bn'M. My husbands lastest for a year before the connector started popping up and it wouldn't read the atty. Mine is still working fine. We ended up getting 2 more just in case...also got silicone cases from Amazon because of the crappy paint on them.
    We get by on temp mode but wattage is way better for this mod.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
    ECF Veteran
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    We got 2 right when they first hit our local Bn'M. My husbands lastest for a year before the connector started popping up and it wouldn't read the atty. Mine is still working fine. We ended up getting 2 more just in case...also got silicone cases from Amazon because of the crappy paint on them.
    We get by on temp mode but wattage is way better for this mod.

I agree on the wattage mode being its best feature. It's a heavy mod, but carries well in a jeans pocket. Its best feature for me is its two day battery life with 30Q's vaping at 10W. If you are in a situation where charging isn't easy because you are moving around it's a no brainer choice to take on a trip. I also use it around the house where I can set it down and vape when I choose to.

Recently, I dug my istick TC 40W out of the closet and have been using it often. I don't care for USB charging, but it's a mod that lets you boost charge while driving here and there.

I try to rotate 3 or 4 mods at a time to share the wear and tear.

Reactions: Tonee N
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread