Multiple ID Suspension
Apr 28, 2017
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Multiple ID Company

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
That is not an easy fix, if it's the 510 pin, though I would take apart the tank, check that O-rings and seals are good and the coil is seated correctly. If that doesn't work I would consider taking it to where you bought it (if a brick and mortar) to see if they can help, or otherwise sending it for warranty and/or repair.

Good luck, welcome to ECF and I'm sorry your setup is giving you troubles. :)

Anna

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Hi Everyone

I am new to vaping, just bought the alien kit and having the below issue.

"It seems the silver piece on top where the tank is inserted is loose and is continually tell the mod that there is no coil because the connection is loose."

Any suggestions or help much appreciated.
Thank you.

Hi brij007. Welcome to the ECF.

If the part that is Loose is the Round Silver Part on the top of your Mod, we call that the "510 Connector".

Alien-220W-baby-Beast.jpg

If that is the 510 Connector that is loose, there probably Isn't a simple fix for it.

If the Mod is New, and under Warrantee, I would Return it. If the Mod isn't under warrantee, do you have a Vape Shop in your area that you could take it to and have them look at it?

brij007

Nov 2, 2017
Hi Guys

Sorry for replying late.
Please find the pictures, if that can help more.

"When changing my head went to screw back in n vape said no coil thats when i looked a little closer n saw the silver thingy thst holds the head in place was popped up a little n when pushed down it worked but only for a little while the would pop up again and say no coil."

My question is will I get a replacement from the supplier?
Is wear n tear after using it for 3 weeks and caused by me?

Thank you in advance, you guys are awesome.

Attachments

• 20171103_092308.jpg
    20171103_092308.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 57
  • 20171103_092322.jpg
    20171103_092322.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 52
  • 20171103_092335.jpg
    20171103_092335.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 56
Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
You should contact where you purchased it, they typically work with the supplier on warranty issues.

No, it isn't you, that is a defective mod. Most e-cigarette equipment has a warranty ranging from 30--90 days. You should check the terms of service from where you bought it (or if it was from a brick and mortar, just bring it in to the store, with your receipt or proof of purchase.

Good luck, I hope you get it resolved quickly.

Anna

Obi Wan Vapori

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2013
Saco,ME,USA
I would put that in the category of not good at all. Don't own one but looks like a press fit part that that has come loose (They have a nasty habit of doing that). It's not like you can glue it down again (don't even think about it). Listen to stols and check on the warranty.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Hi Guys

Sorry for replying late.
Please find the pictures, if that can help more.

"When changing my head went to screw back in n vape said no coil thats when i looked a little closer n saw the silver thingy thst holds the head in place was popped up a little n when pushed down it worked but only for a little while the would pop up again and say no coil."

My question is will I get a replacement from the supplier?
Is wear n tear after using it for 3 weeks and caused by me?

Thank you in advance, you guys are awesome.

That Definitely looks kinda FUBAR. LOL.

Could be that when the Mod was put together in the Factory, that a Glob of Epoxy was supposed to be placed under the 510 Connector before it was Pressed together?

But the person was Day Dreaming and forgot to do it. Or a Coffee Grind got stuck in the Epoxy machine. So the Glob didn't come out.

Either way, that ain't Normal. And something that should be covered under Warrantee.

I would Contact the place where you got your Kit and send them the Photos you posted here. And ask them for a Refund or Replacement.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Hi Everyone
I am new to vaping, just bought the alien kit and having the below issue.
"It seems the silver piece on top where the tank is inserted is loose and is continually tell the mod that there is no coil because the connection is loose."
Any suggestions or help much appreciated.
Thank you.
Welcome and glad you joined.
Could see CoastalCowboy's comments regarding your problem.I could not say it better.
Re: SMOK QBOX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread