All Bully/scuba/gen Style v1,v2,v3,v3.5,v4 Rebuildables in this thread- Pictures Inside...Arriving next week Updated 9/8/12

Status
Not open for further replies.

hildicat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2011
SoCal
Hey Dan, just a suggestion, or more accurately, a request. If you can make contact with the creator of the Phoenix, would you ask him to make a version with an open center post so it can be used on bottom feeders. I know some folks are experimenting with modding it to work that way. I think there has been some success on that front, and frankly it seems pretty trivial since the center post is in fact hollow. Assuming all of the inner materials are safe (they don't interact poorly with juice) it should be rather simple to create a version with a standard open center post that would allow juice to travel up to the wicking area.

Anyhow, that's my request for you. If you can make this happen I'm sure you, and he, would sell a TON of these.

Thanks!

kwalka

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2012
Clearwater, Florida
walkers-finest.com
So for the experts, whats better nichrome or kanthal? Cotton or standard wick? SS mesh or wick, and if SS #400?

Ive been rebuilding, stardusts, phoenix BC but im kinda overwhelmed with where to get the wire, wick and SS nd what kins to get.
"I'm not an expert, but I play one on ECF"
Nic or Kan... I use both w/o preference.
Cotton or Silica... Again I use both, cotton is better flavor and wicking but Silica is easier to work with.
Same I use both... SS mesh takes more work ( oxidize with a torch, no exceptions here must torch 3 Xs then must dip in PG or E liquid and burn w reg lighter 3 times) Silica is much easier. I often put Silica in the center of SS mesh wick. As for the SS mesh count 400 all the way down to 200. The standard right now is 400 or 325. We are just now discovering the use of 270 and 200. It is much better.

Adrena

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2011
Washington
where to get the mesh and wires ?

what I have fallowed, look for...
400x400 (what I have) or some ppl use 325x325 Stainless Steel mesh
Kanthal A (A-1) 32 awg Resistance Heating Wire
on line or e bay (where I got mine)
demand is going up so good luck... Just my :2c:
I want to try standard wick too though cause these bad boy are just fine with the wick it came with.. Have yet to add mesh to him...

AG51

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Dat Way →
I just know all you modders, tinkers, etc. :laugh: want one of these :D
Yiddles-bumps.gif
:D

Adrena

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2011
Washington
Could you post a pic? Maybe you can get replacement posts, i think i recall danno saying it can be completely taken apart. Ill have to wait till i get home to check. Is the error code cause some piece of metal, post or wire is touching the side walls?

I got discouraged, I will look for metal contact and get pics..

Njt07

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2011
Ft Hood TX
I was having a small issue with the lquid pooling around the ring just above the threads on the inside, so i made a thin wick and arranged it in a circle on the ring with the tail sticking down just below the bottom of the atty shell, now no issues!

Also, does anyone elses get REALLY hot? Im alkin after about 4-5 drags its very hot to the touch.

Lastly my itaste keeps registering my bulli as 0.0 ohms and wont work, not sure why but it works fine on my gripper...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread