All i get is a harsh throat burning vape with my z atty pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

unclestu

ECF Veteran
Apr 23, 2013
ALLENHURST, NJ, USA
I started my vaping journey about 2 months ago with the purchase of a Provari and a Z Atty Pro. Before that I just used disposables. When the package arrived I realized that the ZAP was beyond my expertise so I put it aside and used a protank with great success. I now just tried th ZAP with no success at all. I watched Zens video and followed all of the steps in setting up the ZAP and all I am able to get out of this devise is a very harsh throat burning cape with very little vapor production. All of the coils are glowing and regardless as to how I position the air hole in relation to the wick I get no improvement. I have read that this might be caused by a hot spot but I don't know how to recognize nor correct a hot spot. The wire wraps the ceramic wick three times and all of the wraps as I said are glowing. How do I get this thing to work? I use a 50/50 juice ratio and I have tried various voltage settings with no improvement. What am I doing wrong. I could really use some help with this one. Thanks Stu

rolygate

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2009
ECF Towers
You don't say what resistance your coil is. If you start with one of 1.5 to 2 ohms and see where that gets you, you will have some kind of baseline. Some stay with that kind of resistance, some go way down below 1 ohm. To do that successfully you'd need a wick that performs A-1 and a liquid that suits 20 watts. Otherwise you'll just get a red-hot vape with low vapor.

You need a multimeter.

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
If all the coils are red while wick and tank are dry then this is good. If one or more coils are red when wet then you have a hot spot. The wraps need to be tight around the ceramic. I've read that it you wrap while the ceramic it red hot the wire will stay tight though I don't know how to do that. Also, some say the wick should be snug in the wick hole and others say it should be a little loose. So there are some thing you can try. Genesis is finicky but once you figure out what works then you'll be able to get a good setup every time. Hope that helps some.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread