All my mods part1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rock Woman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2010
Virginia
I have been gone for a long time. Things have so changed from when it all first started.

The Gummy carto tank became a big hit with all, but Gummy gets nothing. The Genisis became the modern day RBA with the name changed a little - China makes the money but Raidy does not. I am so sad that the designer and inventor of the whole Genisis concept gets no compensation for all the thought, love and work put into this invention. He will always have our respect and admiration and a beer (of course) as many as he would want, anytime.

I just wanted to say thank you.

Thank you Gummy, I changed the rubber washer set up you originally used and still use a Gummy concept carto tank, it never leaked or slipped so why not? Rubber washers $1.25, polycarbonate tube scrap $0, idea priceless

Thank you Raidy, the Steve Jobs of vaping creativity. The next time, the next genius idea, tell no one anything until the patents are all in place. I don't want to wait, I want to see it and hear about it and get excited all over again. But what I want to really see the most is for you to get the recognition and money that you should get for all your work in vaping innovation.

:toast:

turbocad6

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2011
brooklyn ny
hey Raidy, I remember your thread from back when I first joined ecf, probably part of the reason I joined back then. the grandfather of the genesis, I was always impressed with how you openly shared your ideas and helped others... don't feel bad that others have copied it, imitation is the highest form of flattery. I know it must suck to see that others have capitalized on your ideas but unfortunately that's the world we live in, once something is put out there it becomes free for the taking, and I believe your original intension was to share, a good idea for yourself is one thing, but when you can share it with many others you know that it only makes a good idea even better, if only one person or just a few benefit from a good idea then it's only a good idea, but if many thousands benefit from the same idea then it just makes the whole idea that much better and rewarding, that is what makes something as simple as just a good idea, instead become a legacy. you will always be the grandfather of the genesis and even though it may not have brought you monetary gains it has brought you the respect and admiration of thousands, myself included. you are a good man and even if others may have capitalized from your idea that doesn't change the fact that you are the one who deserves the respect and thanks for bringing this to the masses.

you may not hear this enough but thank you, thank you for sharing and for helping so many others.

patrao_n

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2013
United States
Man I just got done reading this whole thread. Took only a 6 hours with my tapatalk app set to 50 posts per page. I have always wondered where the term genesis came from. Now I know its not a genesis. But a genisis. Hats off to raidy for pioneering the ecig world. I have a genisis type addy that I cannot for the life of me get to work with a micro coil and a cotton wick. I saw electra pipes mentioned. Are all the designs on there from raidy or only genisis types raidy's? I am a machinist by day and a tinkerer by night. Now if only I had machining equipment at home lol. Thanks raidy

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Dothan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2012
Dothan, Alabama
Extremely aptly named!!! I spent spare time for two weeks, reading this thread, and following all the links to other threads! Very fascinating!!! I enjoyed almost every minutes! Thank you so much for sharing your great thoughts! I bought a expensive cigar this weekend, for the tube... my next project :vapor:

Sero

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 29, 2009
Spa City, AR
O.k., let me reveal one of my last secret:

Genisis = Genial Simpler Siebdampfer = ingeniously simple mash steamer

In Germany we say steamer to atty

That's awesome raidy, It's cool piece of vaping history to know where the term actually came from and what it means. I'm sure it will put to rest many arguments about what a "Genisis" atomizer is by definition as well.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
O.k., let me reveal one of my last secret:

Genisis = Genial Simpler Siebdampfer = ingeniously simple mash steamer

In Germany we say steamer to atty

Mr. raidy, you are just :2cool: too cool! Your creativity is amazing and truly enjoyable! :D

mculley47

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I was told about this thread from someone on Facebook. It's amazing to read a piece of vape history! 3 years later, the Genesis design is all over the world! Raidy, you made history. Thanks for playing an integral part of this rba hobby that so many of us enjoy! We are forever indebted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread