Status
Not open for further replies.

pizza2me

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2010
Maryland
Wow! What can I say that hasn't been said. Took me about a week, but I got through the whole thread. (and I've bookmarked a couple others to read). I'm just sorry that I didn't find this thread until after I'd bought a commercially produced genesis. As someone said above, if only you had named it a Raidy, Raidy. :) You're name would (and still will!) go down in history of vaping for sure.

(Thanks to whoever mentioned this thread in the rba sub-forum!!! It's a damn shame that I've read in that forum for so long and never heard Raidy's name!!!!)

Raidy, you are a genious and unbelievably creative!! And I'd also like to give kudos to to you other modders that always amaze me (and glaze my eyes!)!! It was really cool reading the early pages where you folks jumped right in and built your own from whatever you could find!

Raidy, this is a shame on the folks that took your idea and selflessness and made their profit. Especially those that try and say it was their idea!! (open source in the vaping world. So cool... Yet selfish/greedy people... well you all know....)

I wish the best for you and truly hope that your newest creation works out the best for you. And the rest of us!!!!

Hope to see you, and your creations, around!!! Can't wait!!

Thanks to you and all true modders/creators!!!! You have all brought us so far in the last 3-4 years it amazes me.

JuniorNA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2010
NJ
At the same time, there are people like me who are incapable of making one and/or would rather pay for one...
I have so much respect for Raidy, in fact the other day someone asked me to name 2 people (one live and one dead) that I would like to spend a day with, and my answer the the live person was Raidy (and I am being very honest here)
That said, what's an invention that isn't shared?
The answer is nothing...like the old adage about the tree falling in the forest...

It would really be shame if the next breakthrough in vaping was withheld simply because some people (who have absolutely nothing to do with the discovery) would profit financially from it...
it's like these drugs that are copied and sold for much cheaper in countries like India...the inventors/investors need to make their money back, but the end users can't afford the originals, and would die without the generics...

But what do I know, I've never invented anything...

L

What do you mean what's an invention if it isn't shared ? He was sharing it and that was the point - he was happy to help every single one of us build it ourselves , but did not want us to sell and profit off his idea - not trying to come off rude but he definitely liked to share until he started to see the leeches coming out . Look at the tags on this post "master zen was here" so his idea was not original at all - he made a hybrid but his z atty is really a raidy atty

LouEyez

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 28, 2013
Geneva
All I'm saying is that, just like everyone else who has read this thread, I was dying to see what this new atti was all about...no mesh, not wire...etc and now, because some people "broke the rules" we might never see it, and that's a darn shame.
Although I was never in this situation, I think that I would still share it with the world, even though others are going to copy and profit from it...even with a patent and all the protection in the world, a good idea/product will always be copied by someone somewhere.
So Raidy is sitting on something we probably all want...but will never get...so it's not an invention because we'll never see it.
That's what I mean.

asdaq

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
poland, and the brassy lands of google
I think we collectively don't deserve to see it. I trust that when it does come to market it has a manufacturing process that is difficult to replicate in the usual cheap fashion, and that raidy is able to collect on his well deserved profits. If this happens to take a lot longer, I am satisfied enough with current genisis setups to wait a good long time.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

AhaAha

May 28, 2013
NY
So, I did some research on the German forums about what happened to him and a while ago he pretty much announced that he quit vaping because of juice sensitivity and won't work on anything in the foreseeable future. A while later he said he's still doing some stuff every once in a while, just for fun and friends. Looks like you can't really know with that guy, from what I gather he doesn't have to care about commercial interests because of one of his other patents.

The original development thread is an amazing read... he pretty much started a project thread about his personal perfect e cig he's gonna start working on. There were several different versions of the genIsis, and the one we got to know and love is actually the genisis3. There were actually some original Raidy genisis handed out to his forum friends. I'm sure those would go for big money with all the collectors out there haha.

raidy

ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2010
Germany
Dear, my american vaping friends,

I have never made a dime with my work. It was never my plan to do this for the money. I simply wanted to construct only a better atty and present it to you. When I was but then littered with hundreds of emails and some stupid comments, I simply wanted going out. Out of the pressure created then. Out of the expectations. And therefore I will now only times all rest and grow some grass over it. It was my plan, that an other guy produce and market my idea. Unfortunately it did not work with the first try and costs me a lot of time and money. I'm sorry if I woke you with too many expectations. Who knows, maybe I start again an attempt to find a good marketer. But not now, not tomorrow. I hope you can understand this and do not be angry with me.

Raidy

If you think my English is bad, you should see me cook.:laugh:

Last edited:

Stoneface

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2013
New York
Raidy, I don't think anyone is angry with you. We were simply awed by the genisis and really looked forward to the next new invention of yours. It sounded incredibly promising, and we anticipated the release of your new technology. Many of us still use the genisis and appreciate your sharing with us. :)

dsy5

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2010
New York
Be angry with you? Not a chance in hell! I admire your ingenuity and inventiveness. You have given us a great idea which has sprouted exponentially. I only wish I had the tools to build my own and not have to buy from someone that obviously copied your idea and called it their own. Cheers, my friend...

jasl90

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
Like Stowneface and dsy5 said, no one has any cause to be upset with you. To the contrary, you have our gratitude and admiration.
Of course we're all anxious to see what new ideas you have up your sleeve but we are all well aware that you denied your just rewards for the Genisis. I think we all understand why you'd be hesitant to release new ideas as freely as you did with the Genisis.

traderdan

ECF Veteran
Nov 3, 2009
North Texas
Raidy
I enjoy your Idea every time I vape I have a hybrid Genisis mod you allowed a coop create . I hate that your idea's have been stolen and sold by people who have no conscience or scruples . I love the hybrid Genisis mod that peaceofcake made and had made for all of us that bought in to it got. It is above and be-on the best vape there is . I can't wait to see your latest greatest mode next . I just hope it doesn't get stolen like your Genesis did.

Gummy Bear

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2010
orlando fl
agummybear.deviantart.com
Long time it has annoyed me that my idea was stolen and copied by others.

No one understands that better than I do with the whole dang slotted carto tank concept that was not only copied but condemned me for not marketing it. Good luck my friend. You and me and a 1/2 dozen others here have all had their ideas marketed, I did come to terms with spawning a whole sub-branch of this hobby and hope you can feel the same way.

asnider123

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2010
The Original ModFather, USA
No one understands that better than I do with the whole dang slotted carto tank concept that was not only copied but condemned me for not marketing it. Good luck my friend. You and me and a 1/2 dozen others here have all had their ideas marketed, I did come to terms with spawning a whole sub-branch of this hobby and hope you can feel the same way.

Amen Brother

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread