The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

All my mods part1

Discussion in 'Modding Forum' started by raidy, Oct 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. asdaq

asdaq Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Some really nice features here that haven't been mentioned. The Cigar I haven't gotten to fully yet, but the progress to it I see coming. The atty has a vertical coil of kanthal attached to IC pins (I think still??) and is wrapped around a 'wick' tube of very fine rolled SS mesh which extends down into a clear tank and auto feeds. Without shorting.

The pipe charges a 18350 on that stone stand, has a similar atty construction, and has a Force Sensing Resistor for a switch in the bowl, which gives it Variability depending on how much pressure is applied with your finger/thumb and all controlled by a attiny25 chip.

All this and I've only read up to the start of June, sheesh.

2. raidy

raidy Super Member ECF Veteran

Oct 26, 2010
    Germany
    Thanks asdaq! You make (all here) me happy!
    [​IMG]
    This one has metric screws 3mm instead of IC pins

3. asdaq

My pleasure! Might the same oxidation form if using nichrome instead of kanthal?

4. theECB

theECB Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 15, 2009
    Everett, WA
    Dear Raidy,

You are a master of MODS! Your English is much better then my German so don't even worry about it. This is the most exciting post I have seen on this forum in a long time! I will be checking it everyday. You work is beautiful.

I knew there had to be a better way to make an atomizer. It appears you have found out how to do so.

Thank you, thank you, thank you. And please keep the posts and pictures coming!

5. debb

debb ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 12, 2010
    in the nj woods
    raidy...you are very talented! :)

6. Willriker

Willriker Super Member ECF Veteran

Sep 27, 2010
    CT, USA
    I still cant figure out how his 'atty' works.

7. Gummy Bear

Gummy Bear Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Oct 10, 2010
    orlando fl
    You have taken mods to a new whole new level, the future is yours. I can't wait for more. Does anyone have a link to the German site?

8. Mr.Self_Destruct

Mr.Self_Destruct Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 14, 2010
    Queens, NY
    Absolutely amazing raidy! you are a real innovator. Coolest mods I have seen thus far. You must be a genius. I would love to see these in action. That cigar is stunning.

Have any vids?

That would be amazing.

9. asdaq

Currently 1885 replies and you need to register on the site before viewing, the site can be changed to English, but the content will still be in German: Elektronisches Rauchen Forum

In brief, the atty has a tank incorporated in the bottom of the design and being the 'wick' is rolled fine mesh SS screen, capillary action combined with the heat of vaping keeps the juice flowing to the coil, which is easily replaceable.

10. raidy

Oct 26, 2010
    Germany
    Thanks fpr compliments :oops:

This is my "Chef-PEN" = Boss-PEN

[​IMG] [​IMG]

A realy small selfmade (everything i do is selfmade) PEN in brass, one side is gold-plated, the other side is silver-plated. Inside is a 10440, my mash-vapourizer an a 3ml tank.

It takes patience to build such small mods.

It's halloveen time!
    [​IMG]

11. nubee

nubee Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jun 24, 2009
    IL, USA
    To me, this looks a lot like the AFS setup only improved with the mess/wire doing some better feed/control rather than small hole(s) in the atty tube.

Can't wait to start seeing some detailed specs!!!!

12. Gummy Bear

Oct 10, 2010
    orlando fl
    I still don't fully understand the wick. Such as what/where to buy. how does it seal? does it drip if inverted? And how fast does it re-wet after heating? And of course how to instructions.

13. nubee

nubee Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jun 24, 2009
    IL, USA
    I take back my previous AFS guess. Reading the comment again (and staring at the pic for an hour or two) leads me down the huge carto path.

Center type coil with the 'mash' bringing the liquid to the coil.

..all done guessing

14. asdaq

Kinda.... More of an atty on top of a tank, but the mesh wick connects the 2 very nicely. The size/gauge of the mesh matters a lot as it determines how quickly it wicks and how much liquid is by the coil to be vaped which determines the TH and amount of vapor. As per this diagram for kanthal and mesh gauge:

[​IMG]

Flash = Throat Hit and Dampf = Vapor

The thread is full of photos, diagrams videos and even microscope images which make a lot of sense on there own, even without the text. :)

15. Kelemvor

Kelemvor Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Apr 12, 2009
    Germany NRW
    its not easy to translate what is used in this atomizer to english. but in general its this type of meshes: Filter Grade Stainless Steel Wire Mesh - Filter Media for Wire Mesh Filters – Filter Elements - Sieves

i'm sure raidy will be able to point his finger on the usable ones ;)

some people on the german forum got together and made a community project that made it possible for more people to get their own atomizer of this type. i'm using mine since 2 days and i'm really impressed. it seems to deliver nicotine a lot better than others and i'm still experimenting with different coil & mesh setups.

it was well worth the wait and will work even for the heaviest vapers

16. Gummy Bear

Oct 10, 2010
    orlando fl
    would this put a stop to that burnt taste when the normal atty gets dry???????
    Do you need to invert it to re-wet it.

17. raidy

Oct 26, 2010
    Germany
    asdaq ist authorisized to copy the pictures from german forum an describe the function of the new atty.
    My english ist to bad therefore.

[​IMG]
    What do you see?
    The stainless steel mash, the kanthal-wire and the port to refuel.

1) It's a stainless steel mash with 37-57Micromters.
    2) It's oxidated with a lighter, for 3 times.
    3) This oxidation makes a not conductive skin on the mash
    4) the mash has an capillar-effect, wich brings all the time the liquid from the tank to the top. You not need to invert it.
    5) This system gives a 10-50 time higher lifetime to the atty.
    6) Changing mash an Kanthal (the resitor-wire) need ony 3-4 minutes.

The advantage:
    1) Absolutly pure liquid taste!
    2) Never burned taste.
    3) Fast changing of mash an Kanthal
    4) the taste
    5) the tase
    10) the taste!
    in connection with my electronics, everyone can adjust the taste according to his wishes.

the code name for my new invention is genisis. Whenever i write genisis, it's this new atty.

Hope, you undertand this!

18. Neon

Neon Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Nov 8, 2009
    Earth
    Raidy, keep it up ! This is by far the most amazing thing I`ve see on the ECF since I joined.

Please stay in touch :)

Neon

19. Gummy Bear

Oct 10, 2010
    orlando fl
    Thanks, I do understand better now.
    except for this part.
    It's oxidated with a stick, for 3 times.
    "A stick"???
    Do you have recommendations where to buy the needed parts?

20. raidy

Oct 26, 2010
    Germany
    sorry, NOT a stick - a lighter. This is my problem with english:( :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.