Status
Not open for further replies.

asdaq

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
poland, and the brassy lands of google
Some really nice features here that haven't been mentioned. The Cigar I haven't gotten to fully yet, but the progress to it I see coming. The atty has a vertical coil of kanthal attached to IC pins (I think still??) and is wrapped around a 'wick' tube of very fine rolled SS mesh which extends down into a clear tank and auto feeds. Without shorting.

The pipe charges a 18350 on that stone stand, has a similar atty construction, and has a Force Sensing Resistor for a switch in the bowl, which gives it Variability depending on how much pressure is applied with your finger/thumb and all controlled by a attiny25 chip.

All this and I've only read up to the start of June, sheesh.

theECB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2009
Everett, WA
upinvapor.blogspot.com
Dear Raidy,

You are a master of mods! Your English is much better then my German so don't even worry about it. This is the most exciting post I have seen on this forum in a long time! I will be checking it everyday. You work is beautiful.

I knew there had to be a better way to make an atomizer. It appears you have found out how to do so.

Thank you, thank you, thank you. And please keep the posts and pictures coming!

asdaq

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
Currently 1885 replies and you need to register on the site before viewing, the site can be changed to English, but the content will still be in German: Elektronisches Rauchen Forum

In brief, the atty has a tank incorporated in the bottom of the design and being the 'wick' is rolled fine mesh SS screen, capillary action combined with the heat of vaping keeps the juice flowing to the coil, which is easily replaceable.

nubee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2009
IL, USA
Yes, in the 'rock' are neodym-magnets. At the bottom of the pipe are magnetic contacts. If you put the pipe on the stone, keep the coils down the pipe, and charge them. my atty comes later.

o.k. comes now

It is a very fine stainless steel mash, with Kanthal wire around. This mash brings the liquid from the tank to the vaporizer. No shortcut? No! Why? the mash is oxidiset. Details later!
Changing mash and wire = 3 minutes!

To me, this looks a lot like the AFS setup only improved with the mess/wire doing some better feed/control rather than small hole(s) in the atty tube.

Can't wait to start seeing some detailed specs!!!!

asdaq

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
Kinda.... More of an atty on top of a tank, but the mesh wick connects the 2 very nicely. The size/gauge of the mesh matters a lot as it determines how quickly it wicks and how much liquid is by the coil to be vaped which determines the TH and amount of vapor. As per this diagram for kanthal and mesh gauge:

attachment.php

Flash = Throat Hit and Dampf = Vapor

The thread is full of photos, diagrams videos and even microscope images which make a lot of sense on there own, even without the text. :)

Kelemvor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2009
Germany NRW
I still don't fully understand the wick. Such as what/where to buy. how does it seal? does it drip if inverted? And how fast does it re-wet after heating? And of course how to instructions.

its not easy to translate what is used in this atomizer to english. but in general its this type of meshes: Filter Grade Stainless Steel Wire Mesh - Filter Media for Wire Mesh Filters – Filter Elements - Sieves

i'm sure raidy will be able to point his finger on the usable ones ;)

some people on the german forum got together and made a community project that made it possible for more people to get their own atomizer of this type. i'm using mine since 2 days and i'm really impressed. it seems to deliver nicotine a lot better than others and i'm still experimenting with different coil & mesh setups.

it was well worth the wait and will work even for the heaviest vapers

raidy

ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2010
Germany
asdaq ist authorisized to copy the pictures from german forum an describe the function of the new atty.
My english ist to bad therefore.

What do you see?
The stainless steel mash, the kanthal-wire and the port to refuel.

1) It's a stainless steel mash with 37-57Micromters.
2) It's oxidated with a lighter, for 3 times.
3) This oxidation makes a not conductive skin on the mash
4) the mash has an capillar-effect, wich brings all the time the liquid from the tank to the top. You not need to invert it.
5) This system gives a 10-50 time higher lifetime to the atty.
6) Changing mash an Kanthal (the resitor-wire) need ony 3-4 minutes.

The advantage:
1) Absolutly pure liquid taste!
2) Never burned taste.
3) Fast changing of mash an Kanthal
4) the taste
5) the tase
10) the taste!
in connection with my electronics, everyone can adjust the taste according to his wishes.

the code name for my new invention is genisis. Whenever i write genisis, it's this new atty.

Hope, you undertand this!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread