Status
Not open for further replies.

nubee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2009
IL, USA
GOTCHA!!!

The 2 black 'posts' running down thru the tank are the +/- contacts from the lower batt.

The center "straw" is the mesh with the kanthal wire wrapped around it. One end of that wire is on the top of the tank plug (-) and the other is to the top off the other post (+) and insulated from tank plug.

So the juice wicks up the mesh and is then heated from the "outside" by the kenthal wire - vapor just flows off and up from there.

VERY SLICK!

theECB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2009
Everett, WA
upinvapor.blogspot.com
Thanks fpr compliments :oops:

This is my "Chef-PEN" = Boss-PEN

A realy small selfmade (everything i do is selfmade) PEN in brass, one side is gold-plated, the other side is silver-plated. Inside is a 10440, my mash-vapourizer an a 3ml tank.

It takes patience to build such small mods.

It's halloveen time!

Lovely! I am very excited to learn more and perhaps attempt one of these in the near future. Is the selfmade atomizer made to operate at 3.7v or are you regulating (step-up, step-down) for something different then 3.7?

So excited and can't wait to see more!

raidy

ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2010
Germany
It all looks easy to build but still unsure how to make the mesh/wick. If you would explain how to make this part.

The screen is cut to 14 * 40 mm (~ 1/2 inch * 2 inch) and rolled to 1,8-2.3 mm. Now it is boiled at least 5 minutes. The top is oxidized with the lighters. Two drops of liquid on top and again oxidize - done

Gummy Bear

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2010
orlando fl
agummybear.deviantart.com
Its made from a real pipe and a real rock.

And it's real cool too: and so are you for sharing all of this with us.
Thanks Raidy.

I don't want to be a pest but one more question (or 2) what to order? and from where/who? for the screen and the size to order for the kanthal wire.
(if it's not to much to ask).

Turbo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2009
Southeast/USA
I'm over at the CE2 thread and rarely come here..my mistake! I'm blown away. I'm afraid it's way beyond me to do myself so if you do ever decide to sell I'm a customer. Either that or we need to get you to China fast...lol. Simply incredible.

We're modding over at the CE2 thread trying to come up w/ a better version of the filler less carto. Your atty appears to be the closest to the 'holy grail' that I've seen. How I would love to try one out. That and your headset mod, charging rock, cigars..wow!

Gummy Bear

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2010
orlando fl
agummybear.deviantart.com
I prefere 300-400mash.
lower mash (250-300) = stromg flash, low steam, 400mash=much steam lower flash

Kanthal is also in ebay. You need 0,16-0,2mm diameter ore about 80-100Ohm/meter.

much steam lower flash,,, Yea, yea,,, that's the ticket. I didn't see anything smaller than 200 mash at this time so I'll wait and do it right. the 0,2 wire seems to be =32awg, but the ohms are 45.86/m. So I'm not sure about this either??? Heeeelp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread