All of a sudden, both batteries dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

prudent

Feb 6, 2013
Turkey
Hello, I bought my Ego-T x2 kit about a month ago. Now both batteries that came with it won't charge.

I used the first one about 20 days, but now when i screw it into the charger, the charger light goes red (when unplugged or fully charged it's green) but it never charges the battery. There is no flashing lights nor any function, the battery just doesn't work.

Then i said to myself "meh, whatever" and started using the second battery. What do you now, same thing happened after a week! Red light but no charge.

I tried different chargers but that didn't work either. Am i doing something wrong or just very unlucky?

mafig

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2011
malaysia
hi prudent & welcome to ECF:)..try this might be yr Center Pin issue ..watch the video and see if this works..regards mafig

Center Pin Issue - Fixing a non firing eGo battery - YouTube

Hello, I bought my Ego-T x2 kit about a month ago. Now both batteries that came with it won't charge.

I used the first one about 20 days, but now when i screw it into the charger, the charger light goes red (when unplugged or fully charged it's green) but it never charges the battery. There is no flashing lights nor any function, the battery just doesn't work.

Then i said to myself "meh, whatever" and started using the second battery. What do you now, same thing happened after a week! Red light but no charge.

I tried different chargers but that didn't work either. Am i doing something wrong or just very unlucky?

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I second center pin problems. If you have a voltmeter, use a clip on the outer ring and carefully touch the center pin with the positive probe then press the button. Be careful not to short the two together when you press the button or you will just get 3 flashes and no voltage. You should get 3.3v +/-.

Tightening the atomizer too much can press the center contact of the battery or the atomizer inward and stop all contact. Obviously, the battery is making contact with the charger or the LED wouldn't glow red and then turn green after a while. Look for atomizer center pin depression first. Try a new carto.

zeh ani

Jul 31, 2012
Israel
Actually this happened many times to me too when I was using the Egos and (I know this sounds crazy) I would take a sharp kitchen knife and lift the center pin a bit on each side. Hope this works with you!!!! I would also contact the vendor you bought them from as most do give a guarantee period and will gladly replace them if they are still under warranty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread