All of my PVs are under water

Status
Not open for further replies.

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
An unprecedented, whopping 185 mm of rain yesterday seeped into my home. Although I mantain my roofs, it was so much in such a short time (3 hours) that it simply seeped through the tiles and inside. And, unfortunately, into the "e-cig charging center". Some survived (weren't charging) but some did get wet. My notebook was one of the casualties, and now she's drying on her side (luckily I kept a spare computer).

All of my eGos and the PCC got wet, and I think the only course of action is to just let them dry for a couple of days. I don't know about the batteries. Luckily the house's electrical protection kicked in, avoiding a short and fire. But everything was DRENCHED. All I've got to vape is the SLB 650 passthrough, that I keep with me at night to vape in bed.

I have more batteries and a spare PV on the way and should be arriving anytime late this week. But for the time being, how long do you think I should wait to use them? The eVic thank god I removed the tube and turned it connector side down into a tissue paper. I'm thinking of digging them into rice too.

mommyofdoom

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 24, 2013
Orlando, Florida
Aw man. That stinks!

I only have experience with drying out cell phones. I out one in a Tupperware container with rice for about a week. It might have been overkill, but I wanted to be sure it was dry.

It did work, I got another year of use out of that phone. It was a trooper.

Good luck!

edit: break everything down as far as you can first

Lowlife

ECF Veteran
Mar 15, 2013
Oklahoma
Make sure they dry completely and they should work. The main problem with electronics getting wet is corrosion. They may work when dry but the connections will corrode sooner. The connections you can get to you might want to put something on them to prevent corrosion. And be aware that even when some work "perfectly" they may fail prematurely.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
Whatever method you attempt, DO NOT fire a PV until you are quite positive that the unit and batt are dry!

Good luck...
thumbsup.gif

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread