Allergic reactions to PG!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KrausAldo

Dec 8, 2015
hey dudes!

I am vaping for some time and I think I have an allergy to some of the ingredients from my e-liquid. Wondering what that might be? Is it PG that gives me sore throat & a slightly numbness of my face, and tongue? Not a pleasant sensation at all. Did someone experience the same symptoms? How did you overcome that since I do not want to stop vaping?

Liskrig

ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2015
MA, USA
I don't have any ill effects vaping PG (some people do though), but it could be the nicotine. I was making a juice for my landlady, and all she had was a bottle of Gail from Cold Fusion vapors in 12mg. There wasn't enough to smell, so I got some on the dropper, and smeared it on my hand, then licked it to get the flavor profile... My tongue was numb for the rest of the evening. My throat can get a bit sore if I vape Naturally Extracted Tobacco juices (usually higher nic than my usual 3mg/ml). I would take it down a level personally.

What are you vaping at now, and on what gear?

Reactions: KrausAldo

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
hey dudes!

I am vaping for some time and I think I have an allergy to some of the ingredients from my e-liquid. Wondering what that might be? Is it PG that gives me sore throat & a slightly numbness of my face, and tongue? Not a pleasant sensation at all. Did someone experience the same symptoms? How did you overcome that since I do not want to stop vaping?
Some/many flavorings in commercial ejuice does that to me. I DIY or I would have gone back to smoking. Almost gave up on vaping but tried DIY as a last ditch effort.
The juices that are going to bother me tend to make my lips tingle before I vape enough to cause more serious issues.
That I how I know which flavorings I can use or not.
Since none list ingredients it is the only way to figure out which flavorings I can use. I throw away over 50% of those I try.

KrausAldo

Dec 8, 2015
Guys thanks a lot for your attention and sound advices! As you suggested I will try vaping 100% VG eLiquids and if won't see any improvements I will try unflavored juices as another alternative.
In any case I will let you know about the results and effects incurred. Hope to be able to keep on vaping!
Btw, this situation left me puzzled, did anybody come across some statistics on people who experienced a similar problem?

mudmanc4

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2009
In The Plex
kb.lime-it.us
I would suggest much the same of the others, at the same time, if I get to having a fit and vape too much for too long, I get a feeling like strained throat. It's a wakeup call, a reflex for me, to knock it off and control myself by backing off.

VG and I don't get along for two reasons, it taste like the smell of a refinery, and vapes like it's not supposed to be vaped. Hell years ago at the beginning, a lot of people complained of a small rash like issue around the hairline with PG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread