Allergic to custard/cream based ejuices?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ali_blekh

Nov 30, 2018
Was just wondering if you can be allergic to a certain flavor of e-juice. I recently started vaping, and I currently have two fruits/minty flavor and two custard/creamy flavor. I noticed that I can vape the fruit flavors with no issue but as soon as I change to a custard/cream based flavor, I start coughing a looot and gagging. Fruit/Minty flavours are Nasty Fatboy and Unicorn Whyt Berryfreeze. The custard/Cream falvours i have are Vapetasia Killer Custard Strawberry and NastyXKilo Gambino. Nicotine levels and wattage doesnt seem to have any difference in my reaction and also i am using a new coil.

• Useful
Reactions: MJCSD

chellie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2014
USA
I would go with the cream/custard flavors as possibly being the cause. Not all of them but some of them - at least for me - definitely provoke a reaction. I mainly vape coffee, vanilla, tobacco and caramel and I have to be very careful when trying new vanilla or cream/custard flavored juices. I have not been able to figure out exactly what the ingredient is but I cough and a few times my throat closed which scared the you know what out of me.

I keep a note in my vape box of the ones that have bothered me and, in my case, it is vanilla even without the custard or cream can bother me depending on the vendor which really stinks because vanilla is my favorite!

If I sample a new flavor I put it in a clean tank and only fill it a quarter way to try it. I know almost instantly if it is going to bother me.

For me - I do not think it is PG - I use max VG juices which are never 100% VG because any of the flavorings that I use have some PG in it so I believe it an ingredient that some vendors use in cream and/or vanilla formulations.

Last edited:
  • Useful
Reactions: ali_blekh

chellie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2014
USA
YESS, finally someone with the same issue. Its not the PG VG ratio for sure, because all my juices are 70:30 ratio. I guess ill jus have to stay away from custard and cream flavours. Its a shame because i really love the custard flavour :( ..
You can every now and then buy a small bottle from a different vendor (or even ask if they will sell you a small sample) to see if you can find a vendor whose cream formulations do not bother you. Definitely trial and error.

(I went so far as to steep vanilla beans in pure VG for weeks and vape that to make sure I was not allergic to vanilla)

I'm a person that is very healthy and no known allergies and I know it is something in certain formulations so I hear you. Good Luck!

Last edited:

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada
YESS, finally someone with the same issue. Its not the PG VG ratio for sure, because all my juices are 70:30 ratio. I guess ill jus have to stay away from custard and cream flavours. Its a shame because i really love the custard flavour :( ..

And here's another. I get wheezy rather than gagging and coughing. Sadly, the only solution I've found is to avoid them. I tried a superb creme brulee once. If only I could vape it and continue breathing.:(

I'm actually a bit sensitive to high VG as well as custards. PG is no problem at all. By now I've accepted that I simply need to vape 40% - 50% PG non-custards, and that's all there is to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread