Allergy to propylene glycerol help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoperz98

Jul 1, 2015
So I recently started vaping. I've never had any major issues besides the asthma attack on occasion. I got this new ejuice and it was fine at first but today my glands in my throat swelled up on the right side only. I can barely swallow, I have had migraines frequently, since May, when I first began. But I've always had headaches. Just not like this. My stomach is cramping so bad. I have crohns disease so it might be THAT but still.. Should I be concerned. I can breathe. I just can't talk, swallow, drink barely. Should I switch to vegetable glycogen?!

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
So I recently started vaping. I've never had any major issues besides the asthma attack on occasion. I got this new ejuice and it was fine at first but today my glands in my throat swelled up on the right side only. I can barely swallow, I have had migraines frequently, since May, when I first began. But I've always had headaches. Just not like this. My stomach is cramping so bad. I have crohns disease so it might be THAT but still.. Should I be concerned. I can breathe. I just can't talk, swallow, drink barely. Should I switch to vegetable glycogen?!

what nicotine milligram strength do you vape and at what wattage?

for a ballpark figure

a lot of people vape at about 100 milligramwatts per ml
eg:
24 mg/ml x 5 watts
12 mg/ml x 10 watts
3 mg/ml x 30 watts

total nicotine intake per say is often about 100 milligrams also.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada

Hoperz98, I'm not a doctor, this is just my personal opinion.

If I had your symptoms, specially the ones I bolded above, I would get myself to a hospital emergency room quickly. Whatever is happening, for whatever reason, could quickly become quite serious. I would stop vaping immediately. It could be something in the juice or it could be something else entirely. Either way I would consider this situation very serious and get medical help quickly.

Good luck with it :thumb:

Reactions: edyle

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Allmost everything you describe is nicotine too high and swallowing it somehow or getting it in your mouth.

Headaches are from nic od
Cramps is what happens when you swallow juice

Yes, that, and I think the OP really needs to figure out just what he's allergic to, if anything -- we vape PROPYLENE GLYCOL and GLYCERINE... not whatever he said.

I would estimate 9 times out of 10 when a brand new vaper reports an "allergy," it's nothing of the sort. Could be a sensitivity, or just not using it correctly so that the wick burns, or juice gets swallowed... or has just quit smoking and has the symptoms of THAT and thinks they're symptoms from vaping.

Andria

Hoperz98

Jul 1, 2015
The juice is called vaporfi. It's piña colada. 1.8% nicotine level. It's not a new flavoring but it is a new brand. I am not addicted to cigarettes but I did smoke about 1-5 a week. So I stopped that about a month ago. My entire body hurts, aches actually. Out of gas so hospital is a negative unless I cannot breathe or develop a high fever. It's 99 right now. I thought I was just getting sick, but I thought about it and you were right I do think the nicotine is way too high for me since I'm not a heavy smoker. Thanks for all the tips and advice sorry I misspelled things! Newb alert! Lol

Reactions: Racehorse

Hoperz98

Jul 1, 2015
what nicotine milligram strength do you vape and at what wattage?

for a ballpark figure

a lot of people vape at about 100 milligramwatts per ml
eg:
24 mg/ml x 5 watts
12 mg/ml x 10 watts
3 mg/ml x 30 watts

total nicotine intake per say is often about 100 milligrams also.

Honestly all I know is that my tank holds 1.6 ml and the nic % for the piña colada is 1.8.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Honestly all I know is that my tank holds 1.6 ml and the nic % for the piña colada is 1.8.

ok, that 1.8% is 18 milligrams per millilitre.

and what are you vaping with? a cigar sized vape pen / ego sized battery ?
probably an evod type starter kit.
that's probably 5 watts

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest

Aw, sorry to hear you are suffering. :(

Only way to know:
Vape 100PG plain unflavored
Vape 100%VG plain unflavored.

That way you have narrowed it down. If it's not either of those, then it's one of the flavorings in a juice you are using.

I don't get any of the normal PG symptoms, but I definitely can't use much of it. I tried again this year, year #3....and the same thing happened almost immediately: leg cramps. I mean, those charlie horses that wake you up in the night and it hurt so bad you feel paralyzed and tears are coming into your eyes.

I just vaped some higher PG stuff for ONE DAY and it happens. I've tried this little experiment about 9 times now, over the course of 3 years.......so I know it's the PG. ;)

I can take about 20% and that's it.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
1.8% nicotine level. .........<snip>
I am not addicted to cigarettes but I did smoke about 1-5 a week.

Oh lordy! 1-5 cigs a week and you're vaping 1.8% (18mg)? Who ever told you to get that level of nic?

Even if you were vaping high nic full flavor cigs, I'd start you off at no more than 6mg....or even less!. That is what 5 cigs a week comes out to.

:w00t::w00t::w00t:

No wonder you feel so sick.

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
Oh lordy! 1-5 cigs a week and you're vaping 1.8% (18mg)? Who ever told you to get that level of nic?

Even if you were vaping high nic full flavor cigs, I'd start you off at no more than 6mg....or even less!. That is what 5 cigs a week comes out to.

:w00t::w00t::w00t:

No wonder you feel so sick.

I agree wholeheartedly with Race. 18 mg for what you smoked is WAY to high. Buy some 6 mg or even 3 mg, you'll feel better. I'd guess 90% of your issues are the nic level in the juice you are using. I was a 2 pack a day of lights when I quit, and 12 mg was my level, 18 made me ill. I'd highly suggest cutting the nic back before trying to change anything else. Clearly the nic is too high.

Reactions: SleeZy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread