Allergy

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
If you can get yourself to tolerate vaping unflavored juice, that would make DIY really easy. Get VG and VG-based nicotine and thin it out using distilled water (instead of PG). This takes flavors and PG out of the equation entirely. Would be REALLY easy to mix.
I agree. It only takes a little distilled water to help thin the VG (like 5%).
Also, like JC mentioned, there are some flavors that have no PG... just VG. Too much PG (over 35%) bothers my throat but I don't have full blown allergy like you.

Bliss Doubt

ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2012
San Antonio
Max VG isn't always 100%VG. If your intolerant to PG then even a small amount of PG will bring on hives.
My son has the same condition.
Going down the diy mixing route works for him. Use VG nic, VG flavor and AVG base, that's VG and distilled water. No more hives.
Yep, some of the things sold as flavoring are in pg.

Bliss Doubt

ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2012
San Antonio
Velvet Vapors is very persnickety about ingredients, and I've found their flavors to be great. They still tout "200 flavors of eliquids, many that are all natural or Organic and free of propylene glycol". Do note, "many that are", not that all of them are.

I wish you the best in dealing with this serious challenge.

Reactions: Aerodan

smacuser

Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    Hello...I've been buying my juice from Mt. Baker for 7 years, until they shut down. I need Max VG because PG makes my chest hurt. I had no trouble for those 7 years using Max VG.
    I didn't see where Mt. Baker Vapor shut down. It seems they're open.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread