Another hives post..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mgt91

May 3, 2016
Hey so I've been vaping since 2008ish (I think), back when the old dse901 was popular. I've never had any problems with e cigs up until the past year or so. A quick time line, I got my first variable voltage Oct 2014, started making my own liquid March 2015. Since around August 2015 I've had what the doctor thinks is hives on both my wrists.(just my wrists). It varies in severity from day to day. I had no idea what the allergy was that's causing it so I thought potentially it may be vaping. Last week I switched to 100% vg. I washed my old bvc nautilus coil out to clear any pg liquid and started vaping 18mg. The coil was old and I wasn't getting a good hit and it was flooding too. But the rashes started clearing up, so I thought great, must have been the pg. I found another old coil, washed it out and hit up with 100%vg again. This time I was getting a great hit, no flooding but my rash started coming back. I didn't know weather there was pg left in the coil and that was the culprit. So I got a new tank and filled it with 100% vg 18mg again and vaped away. Getting loads of vapor and a great hit but the rash was getting worse and worse. I can kind of rule out pg isn't the problem as with the new tank I would have been getting 0 pg. I'm thinking maybe it's too much nicotine. I mean, I'm vaping 2-3 hits every 2 minutes or so. Anyone else experienced hives like this when the vape too much high nic liquid? The culprit of these hives are driving me mad, it's been 10 months! Strange thing is I have vaped for so long before it but probably have been vaping a lot more since oct 2014 when I got the variable voltage.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
I'm wondering if something else is causing it, since it's only on your wrists, and not somewhere topically exposed to eliquid or the vapor from the ecig. For example, a rash there seems more like it would be caused by something in direct contact with your wrists (ie. long-sleeve shirt cuffs, different fabric in LS shirts, a change in detergent, a different watch band or piece of jewelry, a new wrist rest in front of your keyboard, etc.). It is a mystery!

empteeteacup

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2015
Tampa, FL
Disclaimer: I'm not a doctor!

I doubt rashes on your wrist would be vaping related, unless you're trying to use e-liquid as lotion or something! It could be an allergy to your detergent, if you're wearing long sleeve shirts. Try a detergent with no frangrance. Also, if you use a wrist rest for your keyboard, many of them contain latex in the covering, so it could be a latex allergy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread