Allowed to vape at work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rsmith76

ECF Veteran
Nov 14, 2008
Bradford, Ohio
:) How many are allowed to vape at work? I asked our safety associate, and much to my surprise, was totally supported by the safety dept.. He was very knowlegable about e cigs as well. Just wondering if anyone else has had a positive experience at their place of employment. Sure beats going outside in the frigid air. I must admit I do feel a little guilty at times, but sure am enjoying it. Rsmith76

zara1269

ECF Veteran
Nov 21, 2010
Ohio
I work in a restaurant and I vape in the kitchen, the office, and the breakroom. I don't do it in front of customers *unless my boss asks me to demonstrate for one** as I don't want to abuse the priveledge and it just wouldn't look good to be doing it while serving food if you know what I mean. My coworkers think it's neat and like the fact that I am not out back various times of the day.

grandmato5

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2010
WNY
I vape at work, but I also stay under the radar so to speak. I don't vape when there are any clients in our office. I only openly vape in our office, and only occasionally stealth vape in other parts of the building (we rent space from another non-profit agency). Having worked with my boss for many years and she is aware that I do vape in the office, I know that even if she has no major problem with my vaping IF she felt forced to put anything into writting she would feel compelled to say no so I attempt to keep her from feeling she needs to make a public choice as to speak. I suspect that if the director of the non-profit agency that we rent space from was forced to make a choice she would also choose to say no vaping inside the building, but as long as its not made to be an issue she'll gladly let things stay exactly as they are at the moment.

hairball

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
Other Places
I work in a dog/cat food factory. I can't on the floor (I do anyway when I can get away with it). I asked if we could vape in the locker rooms but never received an answer. I don't think the CEO knows what an ecig is. So never got the reply. However, everyone knows I vape and I do it in the locker room and so far haven't been told I can't. They won't like telling me no since I can start naming 25 people who chew on the floor...LOL (including the CEO). So far, everyone who knows about it is cool with it. I openly explain to new people what I'm doing and that it's not harmful to them. Never a problem once someone who doesn't know about it gets informed. I wouldn't vape in the breakroom due to people eating. That's just the way I am. Even when smoking, I didn't smoke around non-smokers unless they were in the smoker's territory.

Zen~

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2010
Spencerport, NY
JonnyVapΣ;2371174 said:
Fully supported at my office. No more making holes in snow drifts.

I'm at the same company, and the owner of the company is so pleased that people have quit smoking that we have absolutely no complaints about chain vaping in our offices... It's a great thing to have that kind of support.

It also increases productivity.

Zeroi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2010
Singapore
I really hope to work in that Envoirment as you can have a healthier Envoirment.
I'm at the same company, and the owner of the company is so pleased that people have quit smoking that we have absolutely no complaints about chain vaping in our offices... It's a great thing to have that kind of support.

It also increases productivity.

bjannr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2010
NE Pennsylvania
I have been vaping at work since I started vaping. So on my shift there are two of us that vape. No one has told us to stop. However I do not know if the "big wigs" areaware of it. We work the midnight shift, and there is one other guy that vapes on the afternoon shift. Our company is classified as tobacco free. I hope we will be able to continue to vape, but not sure on it. I was caught, or rather the headof our department came in early one day and saw me. He asked what it was. I told himit was an electronic device. He did not seem upset, but said "Oh, it takes the place of a cigarette?' So until we aretold otherwise, we will continue to Vape-on.

Zen~

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2010
Spencerport, NY
For anybody facing resistance to vaping at work, you could try telling your supervisors that the PV is like a pacifier that completely makes cigarette cravings subside. Further explain that by not having to break for a cigarette, your productivity has increased and will continue to remain at that level, all while freeing you, AND THE COMPANY of cigarette related health concerns.

BradSmith

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2010
Northern Michigan USA
I work from home and do vape at the computer, I used to go outside. My wife has asthma, not really bad but when I smoked in the house I could tell it would get worse, so I wouldn't do it. (if it was sub zero I would smoke in the basement) Vaping doesn't bother her a bit. I am also a working musician and although it's now illegal to smoke at bars I do vape openly with permission from the owners. The only gigs I don't vape at are benifits that are held at the Church, then I go outside with the smelly guys and galls.

I have only been rousted by one cop at the Bar and he was really just trying to be a pain to the owners (about anything and everything). I explained what it was and that it wasn't illegal. He told me to take it outside anyway and I told him to bite me. I have now talked to the local cops about it and they no longer hassle anyone, at least not that I have heard about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread