Almost done vaping???

Status
Not open for further replies.

ej1024

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2014
usa
Started vaping in 2012,zmax/vivi nova,
Eventually started dripping in 2013,I started vaping on 24mg,I'm down to 3mg,I started noticing that I don't drip or vape as much as I use to be.. I can go on the whole day without vaping, I'm thinking I think I'm done vaping,did I totally ditch the nicotine or maybe I need new e-juice,mod,tank,rda I don't know the answer, does anyone here feels the same way??
Sent from my
LUMIA 1520

steved5600

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Dallas, Texas
May I suggest you keep some stuff in case you have a bad day or something and feel the urge to smoke. I don't feel the urge and I'm coming up on 2 years on Aug 7th I think it is. Just don't let vaping become a hobby like i did. Gets expensive. If you want to try not vaping and not smoking great. Go for it but keep some around just in case and make sure it's all kept working and charged. If you decide to keep doing it and want to try new juices etc. sure we can help you. Just don't let anybody tell you you have to keep vaping.

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
Some people have a goal of stopping. Occasionally, it does seem like some folks end up stopping almost by accident (as your post might indicate). - If your intention all along was to eventually stop: Good for you! It's nice to see success.

I don't think I've ever had any intention of stopping, and my habit remains relatively stable as far as how much I consume. Every so often, I have a day or two where I'm just too busy to enjoy my habit and I consume very little. It doesn't bother me like when I was smoking. I don't feel stressed when I vape less like I did when I smoked less... I have considered what that might mean. It might mean perhaps it's not too difficult to vape less or even stop... But, again: I've never really had any intention of stopping. I like it.

David1975

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2014
Northlake, IL, USA
Congrats! I started vaping to quit smoking. I've always wondered if anyone who has started vaping has ever quit, never hear about this side anywhere.... I know this is probably not going to be understood by many, but my goal has always been to quit inhaling anything. Hope to be there one day, until then, I vape.

dannyrl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2014
Hillsboro, OR
I've actually recently experienced a pretty long hiatus in vaping. I went about a week or two without even touching my mech and juices and I vape a lot less now than I used to. I just like to think of it like I've kicked my addiction to "smoking" or rather, the act of smoking.

I still vape, but more of just something to do when I'm bored - kind of like an on-demand hookah.

Shootist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2014
Decatur, GA, USA
Only been vaping 4+ months and have dropped my nicotine to 6mg already. Will be dropping that to 3mg and then zero within the next 3 months and then I will drop vaping altogether.

I started vaping to get off cigarettes. I have done that. I have been cigarette free for 3+ months. I can't stand the smell of cigarettes or the people that smoke them now, I find that funny as I was a PAD+ smoker just 4 months ago.

I see no reason to continue inhaling things into my lungs once I have weaned myself off the addictive substances found in cigarettes and e-liquid, nicotine.

So yes I feel the same way.

inswva

Do you even squonk, bro?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2014
I've only been tobacco free for 8 days but my goal with vaping is to quit smoking and then eventually quit vaping. I'm at 24mg right now and anticipate this will be a reasonably lengthy process. I'm getting ready to order an APV and a couple of RBAs (rDNA, Provari, or maybe an EVIC Supreme) which will hopefully be my bridge to the end. As tempting as it is to turn this into a full blown hobby, my goal (for now anyway) is to put it all away eventually.

Alto101

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2012
North Carolina
I have been vaping for almost three years and have no plans on ever giving up vaping. I have read pretty much all of the peer reviewed science and see minimal harm and actually some benefits from the nicotine. I love every aspect of the hobby and I don't need to spend much money if I do not want to. Basically, all kinds of benefits, no realized harm so why stop?

I am very analytical so if peer reviewed research shows more harm as time goes on, I will of course reevaluate my vaping. Until then, I will continue to explore this awesome hobby!

Underwhelmed

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2012
Texas
Started vaping in 2012,zmax/vivi nova,
Eventually started dripping in 2013,I started vaping on 24mg,I'm down to 3mg,I started noticing that I don't drip or vape as much as I use to be.. I can go on the whole day without vaping, I'm thinking I think I'm done vaping,did I totally ditch the nicotine or maybe I need new e-juice,mod,tank,rda I don't know the answer, does anyone here feels the same way??
Sent from my
LUMIA 1520

Yep, I stopped 2 weeks ago Sunday. No withdrawal, no urge to vape or smoke.

I was using 2mg for the last several months before I stopped.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Thank you for all the INPUTS...
I CAN TELL RIGHT NOW
IM ALMOST DONE VAPING....
Sent from my
LUMIA 1520

If you feel like it then go for it. Not vaping eliminates the small risk we now take by vaping. About six months ago I was headed the same way, but I got interested again and I'm going to continue for a while longer now.

Best of luck with it :thumb:

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I would say... if you're contemplating quitting and don't crave the nicotine then you really don't need to vape. I'd love to get there one day and plan on it.

While I'd miss ECF there's more to life than vaping and always plenty of enjoyable things to do.

You don't have to quit ECF if you quit vaping. It might not be the same and you might lose interest, but there's nothing in the rules about former vapers forfeiting ECF membership
JC_doubleup.gif

HowlinMadMurphy

Jul 20, 2014
Detroit, MI
Well if this was your goal, congrats! Sounds like you just have such low levels of nicotine in your body that you aren't craving it anymore. I have been on 6mg for a few weeks now and I feel myself getting towards the same spot. The past few mornings I actually had to think a second about what I was missing with my coffee, great feeling for me. I love vaping but I do not want it to be a lifetime habit, I will always be an advocate for it though.

freeatlast!

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2013
Kansas, USA
kestra.zenfolio.com
I agree with HowlinMadMurphy & also Ryedan - no need to continue vaping if you don't feel the need to - but you can still come on ECF and tell your story! There are others. There are people who do want to quit "everything" including vaping and knowing that some people have done so without a problem is helpful! I am on 0 mg mostly now, and still enjoying it at slightly less than a year since I started/quit cigarettes. I expect to eventually quit vaping as well, although I am still enjoying it at this moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread