• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

almost!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeroclue

ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2013
Barnsley, UK
ALMOST smoked a cig tonight, if I had one, I would have had 10!

I'm mum of 2 and 4 year old, very rarely drink, extremely rare to have a night out. Been just for a couple of hours to a birthday, wanted a cig so bad :-(

Luckily I had my trusty vape :D

I know many of you have no desire to smoke but whats your "save the day" flavour? (9 weeks today since my last cig).

So far I have two:
Cocomel from grizwald (vape escape) and
Coffee with cream and sugar from the alchemist cupboard.

There are other flavours which I enjoy but these are my must have and satisfy like no other.

keonee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2013
USA
Had days like those.....but when I do get the urge to smoke a cigarette I just change out tanks with a higher nicotine e-liquid.

I switch out flavors at least 3 times a day. Right now vaping on Mt Dew. Looking forward to trying Pear and Red Apple tomorrow....I'm into diy e-liquid and it should be done steeping.

Congrats on fighting the urge to have a cigarette.

Happy Vaping!!!

Codz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2013
Lancashire
I've slipped a couple of times and had a ciggie. No big deal though as they tasted so disgusting i was never going to go back to them. If anything, it showed me how much nicer vaping is. Getting some good tobacco juice is a good idea though - i dont vape tobacco juices, but could be a good plan for me to have some for the odd occasion i crave the nasty weed!

I'm Dad to 1 housecow, 1 heifer, 4 chickens and 20,000 bees and today, after driving to Gloucester and back in a morning I fell over a fence when going milking. There was blood and rude words were spoken! However, it wasn't my last cigarette that's sitting on the shelf by the oil lamps that I reached for. It was my menthol vape!!!

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
Bet that was a happy revelation for you! :) My cigarettes are still only inches from my hand as I type, yet only once did I absentmindedly reach for them, and stop short before re-directing my hand to the pen rack where my EVOD is sitting.

That's quite a 'family' you have. Hope what caused the blood (and rude words) isn't serious.

zeroclue

ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2013
Barnsley, UK
Lol, bad day...hope tomorrow is better :)

I have fancied a cig once or twice but it quickly passes. It was the first time out for a drink (rare occasion and I don't drink much) but I could have smoked my way through a pack! No way could I trust myself to have cigs in the house :-(

Started rebuilding my evod and protank coils, my kayfun3.1 finally arrived to pair up with my hcigar nemesis :) So now I have to go through and re-taste all my liquids...that should keep me busy :D

Jugband

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2013
PA, USA
Don't worry, you'll find in time all cravings for a ciggrette will cease! I find it hard to believe now I use to WANT ONE!!!! But I did. I really have zero desire now, but that takes time. I do have what I call my "Ciggrette set up" my favorite dripper, in my case the Omega. And my favorite juice, Bobas's Bounty. I save that for the end of the day. :p sounds odd but it works for me. Keep vapeing! It only gets better!

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
No way could I trust myself to have cigs in the house :-(

I must have around 100 in the drawer, but until just now, hadn't really thought about them for weeks.
I have a pack of standard and a pack of menthol on the shelf under the monitor, and they've become just part of the 'landscape' under there.

Correction: just checked in the drawer ..make that 200!
I hadn't set out to stop smoking ..never considered it nor thought it possible, and only tried the disposable one I had for a day to see if my sore eyes got better. Realised by bed time I'd smoked far fewer cigarettes that day, and so it went on until I had none one day (Jan 28th), and the rest is history. I just never gave myself any hard and fast rules. Hopefully, it will continue :)

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
Yes, just 11 weeks ago today!
amazingly for me, not smoking cigarettes has been remarkably easy. Once it dawned on me that it may actually be possible, I started considering each cigarette and taking note how many each day. By the time it was down to 4 or 5, I really started to think I may just do it. Only had one on 26th and 27th, and none on 28th.

I began on the e-cig starter kits with cartridges 2.4mg. By the time good advice here led me to the EVOD (thanks djs) I was down to 1.8 and some 1.2 ....now I'm using 0.6, 0.8 and 1.0 mostly.

It hasn't been all easy - got an intolerance to PG and some flavours, but hopefully I'm sorting that out by inhaling less and choosing flavours carefully.
I'm determined to find a happy overall solution as I'd absolutely hate to start smoking cigarettes again!

Hope you've had an easy journey to get this far! :)

zeroclue

ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2013
Barnsley, UK
It has been much easier than I ever though possible, I always knew I wanted to quit one day but I always enjoyed smoking! I couldn't cut down much on cigs, it was all or nothing for me. Got to the end of the pouch and didn't buy any more :)

I started with the evod kit too (end of last year) then the itaste vv v3 which I absolutely love and used this to quit. Didn't love the daily charge so along came the mvp2 :D

I said I wouldn't rebuild my coils, but then got annoyed having to keep buying new ones and trying to make them last a little longer. Now all my evods and protanks 2s have 2ohm micro coils with cotton wool wicks...

Been looking for a nice shiny tube mod so I could replace batteries, ended up with a hcigar nemesis and kayfun3.1.

damn this forum
lol

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
Ha-ha! now you're losing me with technology! I almost bought an iTaste a few weeks ago, but the one I looked at had complex features with power etc. and I didn't want that, so stayed with having a few EVODS and two eSmarts for smaller amounts of liquid that I only use now and then, and taking out with me if necessary (I still prefer a cigarette size one to take out though).

Not sure I'll get around to anything bigger than the EVOD. Having a few of each, I can charge a few batteries and still have some to use.
...I seem to have a painful nerve developed in my left thumb from pressing the buttons on the batteries! ..and no, I don't press them too hard :)

zeroclue

ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2013
Barnsley, UK
Lol, I loved the little evod batteries esp when out and about, they didn't give a strong enough draw for me though and higher nicotine really ruins the taste for me. I started at 18mg nic, highly recommend on here and found the vaping experience awful! Dropped to 12mg and upped the watts so I still got a good TH and stopped smoking a few days later, now between 8mg and 12mg.

I'm really enjoying re-tasting these flavours, I think it's a combination of time passing since I quit smoking, liquids have all been well steeped and my new home made coils :D Either way I have been enjoying the ones I though a waste of money, except Hangsens licorice, don't think I will ever enjoy that flavour! YUK, at least my OH thinks it's OK :)

The little evod bcc are great, I will be hanging on to them and might pick up some of the new glass ones :) I've frosted 2 (pear flavours) and cracked 1 (dropped) 1 has been retired and 3 still in rotation...there I go again "saving money" since I quit, lol

If your happy with what you got, leave the forum...run!

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
The little evod bcc are great, I will be hanging on to them and might pick up some of the new glass ones :) I've frosted 2 (pear flavours) and cracked 1 (dropped) 1 has been retired and 3 still in rotation...there I go again "saving money" since I quit, lol

If your happy with what you got, leave the forum...run!

Run? ...no way! :)

You terming them 'little' makes me smile ...they still seem rather chunky to me. I just got a glass bcc to use with a lime and also a lemon which have frosted a couple of the smaller clearomisers. The Fresh Lime in particular is a current favourite.

The only problem I have with EVOD batteries, particularly the 1000 one, is that the 'power' seems to diminish when it's perhaps half drained. The smaller ones don't seem to have that problem so much but it can be noticeable. Is it OK to re-charge these batteries before they're flashing?

If anyone has any suggestions for better, I'll at least take a look so long as it isn't too big/clumsy and is just as easy to use.

zeroclue

ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2013
Barnsley, UK
If you like lemon/lime have a look at steam gunk, their sunshine is very citrus! Just ordered more captain custard :)

I only got the 650mah evod starter kit but my OH got a couple of the 1000mah pass through batts, not had any probs with them but they are semi retired now.

Yes you can charge before they blink, they like topping up :)

I can only recommend what I have tried (see above). If you don't want to change the size of the battery you could try the vision spinner or similar, it's just a dial on the bottom cap that you use to adjust the power. Evod do one too if you really like them (I prefer the button on the evod).

Hehe, now I'm spending your money too!

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
The sunshine does look rather good!
I love custard flavours, but have a problem with a lot of them. I have two great ones from LT e-liquid, but can only use a little of them in a day ..bit of a treat :) I do envy people who get no problems, especially where custard/vanilla is concerned, but still, I'm happy to be not smoking!

I may ask them if they can provide a VG only version of their liquids, and if so, could try a few.
I've already found two that will make it 100% VG apart from the flavouring, and have been very happy with LT liquids, the one I've had quite a number from. That's where I get the LB Fresh Lime.
I only just placed an order for three from the second one (Chefs Vapour), so am looking forward to trying those.

Just took a look at the Vision ..don't like where the button is. I'll stick with the EVOD for now.
I'm never sure with batteries as to whether they prefer draining before re-charge or charging before they run out! Anyway, I've put my 1000 on charge before it started blinking! Who knows, it may improve if I keep on doing that.

Well, you tried to spend my money, and may well succeed if I find at some point that I can get VG from Steam Gunk ;)

zeroclue

ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2013
Barnsley, UK
That's what I ment about preferring the evod botton :) look for the evod vv.

I have been on LTecig (is that the site you mean)? Barhani apple gold all afternoon :) got quite a few of the red lids in the vape box, lol

Let me know what you think of the chefs vapor please, had them bookmarked awhile now.

Liberty flights have some VG liquids (not ordered from them for a while) but I did see a post on my FB for a holiday offer (4 bottles for the price of 2).

It sucks that some flavours cause you a bad reaction, always the nice ones too :-(

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
Yes, when I saw the button I realised exactly what you'd meant.

LT e-cig is the one - He's been very helpful, and I've had a few orders already. They make them up and send the order out quickly too. Got a number that were a hit with me right away, some I can only use a little of (such as custard ones), and some that I like now and then. I think I've definitely found a set of menthols and mint ones to suit me well. There's a few Tobacco menthols and the Ultra Menthol plus a few good fruity ones with just a touch of menthol: Champus fresh, LB fresh lime and Silky peach fresh. I also have a few good tobacco ones with slight sweetness such as honey or caramel touches: 7 leaves, Kent, Nangka. I use those quite a lot.
I really like the Blackberry!
The orange is very orangey but mixes very nicely with mild tobaccos and likely others. Also nice with a small amount of TFA cream type flavouring.
Got a few that need a second try ...some days, a new flavour can seem uninspiring, yet left a few days, I seem to find them much better. Not sure if it's me though because very familiar favourite ones can seem 'flat' on odd days.
There's quite a number I like the sound of that I'm yet to try too :)

I got a few Liberty flight ones and did like a couple of them: flavoured tobaccos Vanilla and Ultra. Cappuccino and Irish coffee I found to be bland with not much flavour. I got a banana split and a cherry but hadn't tried any fruit ones then so those are untried ...I will try them now that I've remembered them!
Definitely haven't used them since I've had the EVODS and eSmart, so it's been some weeks.

I also got a few Johnsons Creek Red Oak - very nice too. I really like the Vanda, but being vanilla, it makes me short of breath, so another just for a short treat now and then ...Grrr!
Their menthol one: Tundra wasn't as cool/fresh as I like a menthol, but it's OK otherwise. I like the Swiss Dark and Gold Reserve tobaccos, plus fruits: Merango strawberry and Rainier cherry - neither too sweet nor over flavoured.

I'll definitely let you know how the Chefs Vapour is. Ordered the Cappuccino, Lews Brew and Jamaican Ginger. Just had en email at 00.01 saying it had been sent, so not sure if it left Thursday or will leave today...just have to see when it arrives. Looking forward to trying those.
So far, the best coffee (for me) is eluding me - hoping this order will have the answer!

Obviously, we all have different taste experiences, so these are just my own thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread