Aloha, new ECF member

Status
Not open for further replies.

HawaiiVPR

Moved On
Oct 19, 2013
808 State
Aloha ECF members! I’m new to this forum, made the switch to vaping early this year. Was a Marlboro light smoker for about 20+ years, never made an effort to quit, well, maybe a few times but lasted only a day or two.
Started vaping with a Volcano tube tank, but was more of a novelty thing until a friend sent me an iclear 16 and ego twist battery for myB-day. Once I started using that setup, I tossed the Volcano tube tank set, and realized that there are tremendous differences in vapor quality among the many different makes and brands out there.
Experimented with various e-juices, and once I found the right blend, choice to never smoke a cigarette again was amazingly easy and immediate. I really notice the terrible smell of the analogs now, and find thatI can’t handle the smell of cigarette or cigar smoke anymore.
My preferred e-juice now is 100% VG, 6% or less nicotine. Favorite flavor is grape or green apple with a dab of spearmint. I order my juice strictly from VapingUSA.com. I’ve tried about a dozen different e-juice vendors in the past, but find VapingUSA juices to be the “cleanest” among allof the others. Both e-liquids come in clear color, I guess they don’t use dyes in their e-juices.
Lowest nicotine level is 12mg, so I just buy 2 30ml bottles, one at 12% nicotine, and the other at 0% and just mix the two together. ;)
I currently use the Innoken MVP v2 at home with a Protank2, and still use the ego-c upgrade battery w/ iclear 16 for everywhere else.
Look forward to making acquaintance with everyone here. Happy vaping!

Last edited:

HawaiiVPR

Moved On
Oct 19, 2013
808 State
Howzit,

I was in your spot 3 years ago. You have a lot of options to choose from. The MVP is a great mod. I heard there's a good vaping scene in Hawaii.

Aloha! Yeah, there are many new vapor stores popping up all over the place recently, and I noticed there are more and more really nice custom mechanical mods that people seem to be machining out from scratch.

The Volcano outlets seem to be in every mall and strip mall now, and they seem to have a very large market share here. Although I started with their products, I'm not a fan of them anymore even though I would prefer to support local businesses here. Still, I do buy locally whenever I can, primarily at VaporTokers on Nuuanu ave.

HawaiiVPR

Moved On
Oct 19, 2013
808 State
I too started with the Volcano products as they are local, have good products and are very helpful. I haven't been to the 808 stores yet but hear they have a wide selection of stuff and have gotten good reviews. I'm new to vaping too and spent 40+ years with analogs. Welcome!

What turned me off was the fact that their ego-style batteries have no threading and seems to be quite underpowered in comparison to a "standard" 3.9v stick batt. Once I started to try other e-juices with customizable PG/VG ratios, I could never go back to the Volcano e-juices as they tend to taste a bit too "soapy" for my taste. Their Lavatubes seem to be of a good quality though, tried my Kanger PT2 on one and vapes great, perfect airflow resistance, at least for my preference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread