Alpha Ultramax - RES performance at 6v

Status
Not open for further replies.

Markus

Verified Member
Feb 12, 2010
Los Angeles
I just saw this review of the Ultramax, where the reviewer claims that the RES doesn't do much at 6V - any truth to that? I don't see why the RES shouldn't have any benefits at a higher voltage as well, even though it makes sense that it would drain quicker.

Also, since I just ordered the High Voltage Ultramax kit today, where can I buy protected batteries with charger for 3.7V, at a good price?

Thank you!

Slo Ryd

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2009
City of Trees
www.innovapor.com
Vaping at 6v can be very different depending on what kind of liquid you use. I personally prefer 3.7v with our ULTRApure, because it just burns extremely fast at 6v. Loft here on the forum suggested that I give 6v a try again however, and when I mix our regular full with some RY4, it is fantastic at 6v. So it just depends on what liquid you have, what kind of attys you are going to use, and what you are looking for out of 6v. Overall, I think you will be very happy with the UltraMax at 6v.

Markus

Verified Member
Feb 12, 2010
Los Angeles
I really like your ULTRApure liquid, I often go back to it - I hope it works well with 6v. Really excited about the Ultramax, it's my first mod ever, so I'm very curios about the 6v experience.

Btw, coming from a EGO with LR 510 atomizers, would I get a more powerful performance (TH/vapor) from the Ultramax at 3.7v wit the same atomizers as well?

Slo Ryd

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2009
City of Trees
www.innovapor.com
I really like your ULTRApure liquid, I often go back to it - I hope it works well with 6v. Really excited about the Ultramax, it's my first mod ever, so I'm very curios about the 6v experience.

Btw, coming from a EGO with LR 510 atomizers, would I get a more powerful performance (TH/vapor) from the Ultramax at 3.7v wit the same atomizers as well?

The thing about the RES at 6v is you just have to let it keep up. If you are going to use ULTRApure, you will most likely need to give it about 30 seconds between every 2 or 3 drags just to give the RES time to keep up with your vaping. That's because ULTRApure is one of the thickest liquids out there, being 100% VG. But unless you absolutely need to vape for minutes straight, the 30 second in between time shouldn't be a deal breaker.

Now as far as comparing it to the EGO, I can't say because I have never used one. All you would need to do is find out what voltage the EGO runs at and compare those. If they both are right at 3.7 then there probably shouldn't be much of a difference in performance. The only difference is the 17670 battery that powers the UltraMax at 3.7v will have a much higher mAH rating that the EGO, at least I think it would.

Slo Ryd

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2009
City of Trees
www.innovapor.com
I received the device a couple of hours ago and I'm very satisfied with it so far. The performance is incredible! As for the RES, I find it helps a bit to just draw on the ecig while not firing it - it will bring liquid (I'm using it with Halo's Freedom Juice) onto the atomizer.

Yes that is a very good technique to help the RES keep up at 6v. Everyone has their own learning curve, and once you get yours down you will be in love.

Slo Ryd

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2009
City of Trees
www.innovapor.com
I already am in love : ) I just hope the switch will start sliding more smoothly after using it for a while, I already polished the parts as described

It will. It seems like it takes it a few weeks to fully break in. After that it slides smooth as butter. Just have to keep using it. Great to hear you are loving it though. For the people that figure it out and stick with it find that it is by far their favorite mod they own. Keep us updated on how its working for you as time goes on.

loft

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2011
CT
I've been away from the forums lately but yes; 6v is good depending on juice and composition of it. I vape mainly 70% PG / 30% VG juice and have no issues with wicking. You will need to do the occasional cold hit (hard 1sec drag without activating the switch) to move the juice into the atomizer but that's hardly an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread