Status
Not open for further replies.

evilferret

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2010
Flushing NY
Hey guys, just ordered an Ultramax w/ Res and wondering about the AVA atties work on it?

Any suggestions for atties and where to get them?

Also triple checking if 306's work with the res. Just wondering how the res will fit over the drip tip. Do you use the one that comes with the atty? I only seem to have the canon drip tips for my 306's.

Thanks all. Planning to run 3.7, don't trust myself with hi-voltage. I killed way too many atties with my Buzz.

Also should I switch my juice? I usually run 50/50.

Been out of e-cigs for the last few months so if anything new popped up please show me!

One last questions, saw that you could use the RES for the GGTB, could we use the UFS or the new Oddy with the Alpha?

Last edited:

Killjoy1

Ω Destroyer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2011
New Hampshire, US
50/50 juice worked fine for my in the RES, though it does seem to work best with all-VG ;-)

You can buy attys directly from Innovapor, I think theirs are genuine Joye if I'm not mistaken. Otherwise, any 510 atty will do. I would assume the AVA attys work fine in the RES

No, UFS will not fit on the Ultramax. It is just by coincidence that the Ultra RES (not Ultramax) has the same threading as a GGTB body tube and that is the only combination of those product lines that I am aware of working. Ody you can use on any 510 threaded device, so yes that can go on your Ultramax either with the standard atomizer interface or with the RES interface with the RES removed

evilferret

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2010
Flushing NY
Thanks!

How about 306's? I see people mention them but I'm still trying to figure out how to get the canon drip tip on it with the res.

Wondering if theres a specific 306 I should be looking for.

Well I got the kit so I'm getting two (510 LR) from Innovapor. Still want to pick up some SR, just in case. I was planning to buy from IKV or maybe the new AVA (though $40 is a lot of atties).

And off to find mentholly 100% vg juice.

Killjoy1

Ω Destroyer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2011
New Hampshire, US
The Canon won't fit in the RES, you'd have to rig up some sort of adapter yourself to use one of those as I haven't seen anything readily available for that.

You can use a standard 306 drip tip, it's just barely long enough to give you something to put your lips on, some vendors even have a longer version of those that would work better. Other alternatives include the Cherry Vape "universal" drip tip (available from several vendors, I bought mine from CoV) or a 306 to 510 drip tip adapter (Avid Vaper carries those), both of which work just fine :)

306's will work with the RES, but I found them to be a little more finicky than 510's to get working consistently. YMMV of course, I was not very experienced with 306 attys at the time I tried it, so it could very well have just been user error ;-)

evilferret

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2010
Flushing NY
Received it today! It's a lot smaller than expected, which is a good thing.

For the life of me, I can't seem to get it to work with the LR 510's that came with it. Just washed them out and letting them dry before trying again. One just likes to spit juice into my face and the other one just seems to have dry hits. Could also be my juice since I'm running 50/50? No idea.

Swapped in my last debridged 306 from who knows where and its awesome. Using the tip that comes with them and they are a bit small. Thanks for the tip on where to buy the tip!

Just ordered the AVA, hope its not a waste of money since I'm thinking of just switching over to 306's.

Anybody know a vendor that sells debridged or specialty 306's? I'm pretty sure this isn't a normal 306 but I can't seem to remember where I got it.

Anybody got 901's to work on these? I have a ton from IKV and feels like a waste not to use it.

evilferret

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2010
Flushing NY
And sending UltraMax back for warranty.

Kinda peeved I have to pay return shipping when I had the unit less than 4 days now and no idea when I'll get the UltraMax back.

So far service from the company was a dud. Had my girlfriend write the emails to support since I was busy at work and the CSR seemed to have stressed her out.

Having massive switch issues. After maybe 4-5 refills of the res, it has problems activating. If I spin the battery around and keep trying to activate it'll work (sometimes).

Only way to seem to work for awhile is to wash the switch in hot water. I haven't tried the lemon juice since I don't have any in house. Than it'll work for 4-5 refills again no problem. Than it'll slowly have problems activating till I have to use more force to activate the switch.

Some of the emails implied it was my vaping style that maybe causing this and no idea. I do chain vape but why would that affect the switch?

When the UltraMax worked it was great but than it got messy or annoying. Had to develop a death grip to use the Ultra.

And back to waiting. Hopefully it was something stupid like a short in the body that I can't see.

Wish they could just make the res a normal 510 connection so I can use it with a bottom feeder. I think it would make my prefect all day vape.

evilferret

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2010
Flushing NY
Bump, Innovapor sent it back. Guessing they switched springs.

Getting the same intermittent problem just not as often. They did pay me back shipping which was nice.

Just wish this switch was better or they made the RES with 510 threading.

Love the RES, hate the switch.

Off to see if I can find a way to get an adapter to make this work on some of my other mods.

Jshar

Verified Member
Jun 2, 2012
Philly Burbs
I realize this is an old thread, but in the event that you haven't solved these issues in the last 5 months....

This was my first mod, and over a couple years I figured out how operate it. There's a definite learning curve.

You MUST use noalox in between the battery tubes if you want it to last. Otherwise the inner surfaces will tarnish, breaking connection. This is why you found rotating it to temporarily solve the issue. The constant friction will also cause wearing areas on the contact patches, making the slide action rough or so difficult that you eventually cannot activate the switch. I learned this the hard way.

The super thick VG juice seems to work best, as do debridged 510 atties. However, if you fill that thing up all the way, it's most likely going to feed poorly. Honestly, the RES is just a drip shield on steroids. Overdrip all you want (ie 10 drops), but do not think of it as a tank.

evilferret

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2010
Flushing NY
I realize this is an old thread, but in the event that you haven't solved these issues in the last 5 months....

This was my first mod, and over a couple years I figured out how operate it. There's a definite learning curve.

You MUST use noalox in between the battery tubes if you want it to last. Otherwise the inner surfaces will tarnish, breaking connection. This is why you found rotating it to temporarily solve the issue. The constant friction will also cause wearing areas on the contact patches, making the slide action rough or so difficult that you eventually cannot activate the switch. I learned this the hard way.

The super thick VG juice seems to work best, as do debridged 510 atties. However, if you fill that thing up all the way, it's most likely going to feed poorly. Honestly, the RES is just a drip shield on steroids. Overdrip all you want (ie 10 drops), but do not think of it as a tank.

Due to the switch not being completed sealed I do not feel safe Noaloxing anywhere near the top of the Apex.

Not sure if the switch has changed but mine isn't sealed.

I have a multimeter and found the issue to be the switch only. Seems ejuice is getting in and making the connection difficult.

Connectivity on the tube seems fine.

Its a unique design but it doesn't work for me or my vape style. I had no issues with the RES. Still wish they will make that with a 510 connection.

The switch problem is probably related to my usage of PG juice.

I'm off in Genesis land now so the Alpha has been shelved.

Jshar

Verified Member
Jun 2, 2012
Philly Burbs
Due to the switch not being completed sealed I do not feel safe Noaloxing anywhere near the top of the Apex.

Not sure if the switch has changed but mine isn't sealed.

Something is definitely wrong there. I have two and they are completely sealed, and the o-rings around the switches have never leaked. I would call Innovapor and tell them the switch is leaky. You would probably have to send it in for warranty replacement.

I know you said you've shelved it, but might as well replace a defective part if that is indeed the issue.

Slo Ryd

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2009
City of Trees
www.innovapor.com
Something is definitely wrong there. I have two and they are completely sealed, and the o-rings around the switches have never leaked. I would call Innovapor and tell them the switch is leaky. You would probably have to send it in for warranty replacement.

I know you said you've shelved it, but might as well replace a defective part if that is indeed the issue.

Correct, the old switches were not sealed and can come apart. The new nickel plated switches are sealed and do not come apart. Evilferret, if you have one of the older brass switches then you can get a new switch from us.

evilferret

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2010
Flushing NY
Correct, the old switches were not sealed and can come apart. The new nickel plated switches are sealed and do not come apart. Evilferret, if you have one of the older brass switches then you can get a new switch from us.

I think I'm out of warranty but if I can get another switch it'll be great!

Will pm and thanks! I did love the Alpha, its just the original switch was a PITA.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread