Alright folks, I finally got it! My first thoughts...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levitas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2011
Saint Louis
Hello again folks! I got my eGo today from Liberty Flights and I am super excited!!! I ordered on Wed., it shipped on Thursday and here it is today on Saturday. Now that's some AMAZING service! Here are my (and my fiancee's thoughts)...

We used them out of package, I'm still using hers as I am typing while mine is charging. First we'll start with the actual prduct. Amazing! I never thought it would feel like this! Upon opening the package, I blew out both atomizers (got most of the primer out) and I can't really taste any 'vomit' or any other nastiness so I assume that I am okay for now. I feel so guilty smoking this like I have been because it SEEMS SO REAL. Like I am actually SMOKING! This is truly amazing! It was a little rough on the lungs at first (I guess because it's new to me?) and she hates the original flavor tobacco that came with it (we'll get to that in a minute) At this point I have NO DESIRE at all to smoke an analog NONE.

She smoked an analog after trying the original tobacco flavor. I added some of the Smooth Menthol liquid I got to the regular tobacco and I liked it, she thought it was better but she is having trouble with it. She says it's kind of rough on her lungs. How ironic! I suggested that we would order EVEN MORE juices (I ordered those 5 5mL bottles from Gourmet yesterday) they're 80/20, so maybe that'll help be a little more smooth for her? I think I might order some 70/30 and some 60/40 as well to see if that helps her.

Right now I am vaping the Smooth menthol I got from LF. I like it but I'll do a full review over all of my tasted flavors and post a video later. As for now, I have SOME QUESTIONS!

Can the taste of liquid vary depending on the charge of the battery? - I ask because as of now I am vaping out of a factory charged battery while mine is charging.

What are some warning signs that I need - more liquid? -to charge the battery -to clean the atomizer?

What liquid distributors (other than LF) do you guys use that ships REALLY FAST? LF super surprised me with immediate shipping and I got my package in 3 days total. I need more flavors to try!

I will definitely have MORE and MORE questions as time flows but as of now, as long as I have a charged battery I AM DONE SMOKING ANALOGS! :vapor:

A special thanks to everyone here for being very supportive and helping me make educated decisions and for future questions answered! You are all AWESOME!

thewomenfolk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2009
Colorado John 3:16
I remember that great feeling when I got my first ecig and gave up the analogs forever! So congratulations!

If you find a flavor you really like, some of the China companies have large amounts for a lot cheaper than the retailers here, and some, like Heaven Gifts, ship quick too.

Good luck to you, and have fun!

WomanOfHeart

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2010
Colorado
The more VG you have in your juice, the smoother it will be and the more vapor it will produce. PG is harsh and that might be causing her discomfort. I don't like strong throat hit, so I vape mostly 60PG/40VG or 50/50.

It's not going to hurt your atomizer to vape on a low charge, but you probably will start noticing a huge drop in vapor production and taste. I don't recommend vaping until the battery is depleted simply because it's hard on Li-Ion batteries and can shorten the overall lifespan. Use it for a few hours, then put it on the charger and use a fresh, fully charged battery. We've had our eGo and Riva batteries for almost six months and they're still going strong.

Oh! Make sure that you're both drinking plenty of water and staying hydrated. VG and PG are both hygroscopic, so they attract moisture and will dehydrate you! If you start getting a sore throat when you're vaping, then drink some water and that will help!

Rosa

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2010
Beaverton, Oregon!
Can the taste of liquid vary depending on the charge of the battery? - I ask because as of now I am vaping out of a factory charged battery while mine is charging.

• I believe that the flavor is strongest on a fully charged battery. Mine will be nice and strong until about 15 minutes before the battery dies.. then I start thinking, "dang! what am I doing wrong? Dang it!" and then it dies and I go, "oh yeah.."

What are some warning signs that I need - more liquid? -to charge the battery -to clean the atomizer?

• more liquid: suddenly one puff will have the most vapor ever but not much flavor at all, the next puff will taste kind of burny, the next puff.. OW! MY THROAT! MY THROAT! -- like fire leaping down it. I'd add a couple drops when the vapor increases significantly for no reason and the flavor drops off.

• charge the battery: "they" say to charge it at about 40% of it's use. I charge mine when it's dead and the light flashes at me, haven't had a problem yet.

• clean the atomizer: It's a good idea to blow out your atomizer into a paper towel maybe twice a day. I don't like to clean my atomizers by soaking them in anything but I do believe I'm among the minority in that view. If you have an atomizer that just tastes nasty or doesn't produce any vapor anymore, you can soak it in either hot water or 90% isopropyl alcohol for 15 minutes, scoop the liquid through the atty so it streams out the other side and then let it sit out to dry for about 24 hours.

What liquid distributors (other than LF) do you guys use that ships REALLY FAST? LF super surprised me with immediate shipping and I got my package in 3 days total. I need more flavors to try!

• Lot's of distributors are really fast and really friendly - I have yet to place an order from anyone that took more than a week to get to me. As for juice vendors, some are custom making your juice when you place the order so they make take longer to get it to you. The mass produced juices will usually get to you pretty fast.

Will it hurt my atomizer or my battery if I am vaping on a low charge?

• Not that I know of. "they" say you shouldn't let your battery run all the way out, but I do it all the time no problem.

hollyberry

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2011
Raleigh, North Carolina
Yay, Levitas!! So glad you got it!! Now, if you're anything like me, you'll be wanting to try all kinds of juice from every vendor. LOL

I've noticed that most juice vendors that I've ordered from have shipped quickly. Madvapes comes to mind as the fastest--they are awesome! But there are others who are also fast. I'm sure other members will chime in with some...

Welcome to vaping!! :)

Pneathery

ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2011
Surfside Beach SC
I was about an hour away from running out of juice when I first got started, man o man was I scared! Since then I try to keep large quantities on hand. I found one place that I love the juice, and the price is fantastic. Freedomsmokeusa.com I bought a 120ML bottle for $40, not bad and it got here pretty quick. To tell you the truth the longest I've had to wait on a product has been from liberty flights, and bluemistvaping, both of them I ordered late on a Friday though, so I think it was entirely my fault. Check out bluemistvaping as well, I bought 180ml bottle from him for $35, and both of those companies gave me a choice on extra flavor, and the mix I wanted (freedomsmokeusa was better he gave me full control of the PG/VG ratio.)
Well congradulations! These thi gs are the most amazing product I've ever found in my life. I feel like I've been given a respite on death. I have a second chance at life. You might want to get your fiancé some 100%VG if the juice is too harsh for her. I usually have to have my first few puffs in the morning ad that, otherwise my throat just can't stand it. Well good luck, thanks for telling us all about getting your order, and welcome to the wonderful world of vaping!

Levitas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2011
Saint Louis
After doing a little window shopping I've decided to get some juices from LF again just because I've had such great and fast results with them so far. Now I kind of maybe went a little overboard...lol.

5mL PG 18MG Apple liquid
5mL VG 18MG Fruit Mix liquid
5mL VG 18MG Pear liquid
5mL VG 18MG Strawberry liquid

2 extra atomizers - 510/Blue
1 extra battery - 650mAh/Black
2 five packs of empty carts/round black 510

The 510 atomizers and carts will fit my eGo right?

All together, another $50 spent :)

Rosa

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2010
Beaverton, Oregon!
So, will the 510 atomizer and carts fit my eGo? I'm pretty sure it will, but I just want to know for sure before I put the order in.

Yes, the eGo takes all the 510 parts.

.....with the exception of the standard 510 charger (which is irrelevant because you already have an eGo fast charger with your eGo kit - I just like to complicate things hehehe).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread