Also need to stop these fools!

Status
Not open for further replies.

planetofthevapes

ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2009
Pandhandle of Nebraska
I see it like this...

Out of respect for people, if no smoking is allowed (which is soon to be everywhere), I don't vape there. That way nobody throws a fit, and I don't have to explain things, and so I don't get people's knickers in a twist about the product. I didn't buy my e-cigs to conquer smoking bans. I did it for my healt-...wait, I can't say that. I did it because I like it better than analogs.

That, and who is going to sign apetition that you have to pay to sign? And all that stuff in there is just saying that "we need to tell the FDA to stop this"...well, the FDA is already trying. I dont' think it will change anything.

katink

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2008
the Netherlands
they just want to stop it otherwise nobody would want to pay $25 and join their `non-profit` organisation... if it is non profit after all! I think they're all a bunch of idiots, cause after all i think they would be much more happy if the whole smoking population vaped instead!
Nope, they wouldn't - the 'job' they have at ASH gives them 'prestige' and power; and for a niumber of them even full, well-paid jobs. Now who wants to loose that - far more important then any number of lives of others...

bmamo

May 19, 2009
Nope, they wouldn't - the 'job' they have at ASH gives them 'prestige' and power; and for a niumber of them even full, well-paid jobs. Now who wants to loose that - far more important then any number of lives of others...

that's not what i meant exactly. i meant if they really are up to their cause and honest. but yeah i think it like you

Vapor Pete

The Vapor Pope
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2009
Rochester, NY
I see it like this...

Out of respect for people, if no smoking is allowed (which is soon to be everywhere), I don't vape there. That way nobody throws a fit, and I don't have to explain things, and so I don't get people's knickers in a twist about the product. I didn't buy my e-cigs to conquer smoking bans. I did it for my healt-...wait, I can't say that. I did it because I like it better than analogs.

Carefull... I am of that same mindset, and I have been called a coward, spinless, and accused of "hiding in the shadows" because I prefer to not vape where one cannot smoke. But it is for your reasons that I dont do it. I have also said, at this point in time, when the anti's are up in arms, and have politicians in their pockets, touting PV's as a way to beat the ban is not the best course of action for us. And as you can see ASH is using that exact sentiment to piss off the masses. When you vape in a no-smoking area, you give off a bad perception.
I ride a motorcycle. When people see a guy on a crotch-rocket going down the expressway doing 85mph puling wheelies, and cutting off traffic, that one incident gives a bad perception of bikers. So I get lumped into the "bad motorcycle rider" category even though Im going down the road at 65mph with both wheels on the ground, riding a cruiser. Perception.
My best,
-VP

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
VaporPete and PlanetoftheVapes, I totally agree with you and limit my own use in public. What kind of reaction can be expected from a crowded restaurant if an e-smoker whips out a 901 and starts blowing clouds of vapor after completing a meal? Trouble? Maybe. But ugly, ugly public relations, for sure, among other diners who expect a smokefree environment and perceive a violation. Absolutely, perception is important.

And if one more fool says we who practice discretion and courtesy are cowards or hiding in the shadows, I want to personally break his/her e-cig in half and ram it somewhere. If cigarette smokers had, over the years, been more courteous in public, some of today's restrictions might not have the popular support to become law. But nooooo, smokers could smoke anywhere. And they did, to the disgust of the larger public. Now smokers pay by being unable to smoke anywhere in public.

Politicians have all the support they need to further ram it to users of tobacco. E-smokers do NOT want to be associated with tobacco users. Smokers lost their war, shot themselves actually. They're effectively history and they're now the ones forced to hide in the shadows to satisfy their addiction. E-smoking represents the future. Don't blow tomorrow with your actions today.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
...... E-smokers do NOT want to be associated with tobacco users. Smokers lost their war, shot themselves actually. They're effectively history and they're now the ones forced to hide in the shadows to satisfy their addiction. E-smoking represents the future. Don't blow tomorrow with your actions today.

Bob, I agree that PV users should not be associated with smokers. I've advocated that we need to be "polite cheerleaders" for vaping. I would like us to find a middle ground between "in your face, I'll vape anywhere I want" to "I'll just vape where the smokers smoke because the two activities are just the same". If PV users vape exactly like smokers smoke, then the perception to non-smokers is that vaping is just as bad and harmful as smoking. That stance to me is just as bad as blowing vapor in a non-smoker's face.

When (in the future) there are enough vetted studies that show that vaping is not harmful to others, then vapers will have to take a more agressive stand against being shunted into the same corners as smokers.

dumwaldo

ECF Veteran
Apr 6, 2009
New York
VaporPete and PlanetoftheVapes, I totally agree with you and limit my own use in public. What kind of reaction can be expected from a crowded restaurant if an e-smoker whips out a 901 and starts blowing clouds of vapor after completing a meal? Trouble? Maybe. But ugly, ugly public relations, for sure, among other diners who expect a smokefree environment and perceive a violation. Absolutely, perception is important.

And if one more fool says we who practice discretion and courtesy are cowards or hiding in the shadows, I want to personally break his/her e-cig in half and ram it somewhere. If cigarette smokers had, over the years, been more courteous in public, some of today's restrictions might not have the popular support to become law. But nooooo, smokers could smoke anywhere. And they did, to the disgust of the larger public. Now smokers pay by being unable to smoke anywhere in public.

Politicians have all the support they need to further ram it to users of tobacco. E-smokers do NOT want to be associated with tobacco users. Smokers lost their war, shot themselves actually. They're effectively history and they're now the ones forced to hide in the shadows to satisfy their addiction. E-smoking represents the future. Don't blow tomorrow with your actions today.

????

Are you trying to insinuate that smokers brought something upon themselves? That is completely absurd.

You say lots of very wise things bob but that one is not one of those things. In fact it is quite possibly the most ill informed thing I have ever read from you on this site.

You support the concept of throwing out the entire barrel because a few bad apples?

For every discourteous smoker in the world there is a discourteous non smoker. We are supposed to have laws in America to protect people from harm, not to protect them for inconvenience or a smell they do not like. We are not supposed to have laws because someone is offended by something.

I am offended by heavy perfume or cologne use. Does that mean it would be acceptable for the government to prohibit the use of perfumes and colognes in public?

I am offended by people who talk loudly on my 5 a.m. commuter train to work. Does this mean the government would be right if they prohibited speaking in public places before 6 a.m.?

Some kids ride their bicycles on the sidewalks and knock pedestrians over with no regard. Does this mean our goverment should ban all kids from riding bicycles?

This kind of mentality is the exact reason we have ant-drug laws that have caused our prison system to become a tremendous financial burden on tax paying citizens. It is a kind of thinking that puts the cart before the horse and eventually ends up hurting us as a society. The same way that anti drug laws turn people who are not infringing on the rights of others in any way, into criminals.

The fact that someone is offended by something should NEVER be grounds for a law. We are not supposed to be making laws to protect people from being offended, we are supposed to be making laws to protect people from being harmed. Our entire legal system in America has been perverted and distorted into something that has virtually no relation to the constitutions of the USA that granted the goverment the rights to make laws in the first place.

Laws are supposed to serve to protect people and govern ownership rights. Thats it. Laws that govern personal behavior were never the intent of our forefathers. As a matter of fact, they way I understand it, one of the most compelling reasons this country was founded was to be a place where personal freedoms were NOT trampled over to suit the personal prefrences of others.

I vape WHEREVER I choose to. I am courtous of others and do not blow my vaper into someones face. I also REFUSE to buy into the thought process that I should be ashamed of my activity to the point I should ASSUME it is not allowed. I treat it the same as drinking a glass of water. I wouldnt go asking permission before I drink a glass of water so I have no intentions of asking someone permission before I vape.

DW

robbiehatfield

ECF Veteran
May 10, 2009
????

Are you trying to insinuate that smokers brought something upon themselves? That is completely absurd.

You say lots of very wise things bob but that one is not one of those things. In fact it is quite possibly the most ill informed thing I have ever read from you on this site.

You support the concept of throwing out the entire barrel because a few bad apples?

For every discourteous smoker in the world there is a discourteous non smoker. We are supposed to have laws in America to protect people from harm, not to protect them for inconvenience or a smell they do not like. We are not supposed to have laws because someone is offended by something.

I am offended by heavy perfume or cologne use. Does that mean it would be acceptable for the government to prohibit the use of perfumes and colognes in public?

I am offended by people who talk loudly on my 5 a.m. commuter train to work. Does this mean the government would be right if they prohibited speaking in public places before 6 a.m.?

Some kids ride their bicycles on the sidewalks and knock pedestrians over with no regard. Does this mean our goverment should ban all kids from riding bicycles?

This kind of mentality is the exact reason we have ant-drug laws that have caused our prison system to become a tremendous financial burden on tax paying citizens. It is a kind of thinking that puts the cart before the horse and eventually ends up hurting us as a society. The same way that anti drug laws turn people who are not infringing on the rights of others in any way, into criminals.

The fact that someone is offended by something should NEVER be grounds for a law. We are not supposed to be making laws to protect people from being offended, we are supposed to be making laws to protect people from being harmed. Our entire legal system in America has been perverted and distorted into something that has virtually no relation to the constitutions of the USA that granted the goverment the rights to make laws in the first place.

Laws are supposed to serve to protect people and govern ownership rights. Thats it. Laws that govern personal behavior were never the intent of our forefathers. As a matter of fact, they way I understand it, one of the most compelling reasons this country was founded was to be a place where personal freedoms were NOT trampled over to suit the personal prefrences of others.

I vape WHEREVER I choose to. I am courtous of others and do not blow my vaper into someones face. I also REFUSE to buy into the thought process that I should be ashamed of my activity to the point I should ASSUME it is not allowed. I treat it the same as drinking a glass of water. I wouldnt go asking permission before I drink a glass of water so I have no intentions of asking someone permission before I vape.

DW

Drinking a glass of water near others is not the same as smoking or vaping near others! Yes, I know that vaping is probably 100% harmless compared to cigarette smoking, but perception is being discussed here. At this point in time, cigarette smoking is in the negative limelight. Vaping looks so much like smoking to the untrained eye that it will absolutely bring on the same scorn by the brainwashed general public.

Choose your vaping spots wisely or risk being unfairly lumped in with the analogs by the more numerous ignorants.

Another way to look at it would be to pretend it's the 20's and cigarette smoking is just catching on and you want to start off by being courteous up front instead of discourteous jerks like many smokers became in later years. LOL

Robbie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread