Also "Not Really New" But stuck....

Status
Not open for further replies.

FreakyStylie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
The Internet
Did you do much posting when you first joined here? Maybe you could pm an admin to see if you could get your old account back? IDK.

I always tell new people that it's good they joined ECF because this place helps so much with all of the questions they will have, and I would say the same thing to you, even though you are not a new vaper. Stick around here, read up, and ask a lot of questions before you toss the vaping thing in the can.

I've tried about a dozen suppliers so far just from asking questions and watching what people have to say about them. I haven't been burned yet. Sure, there are a few juices that I'm not a fan of, but that is just personal taste. I just had my first atty die on me yesterday, at 6 weeks.

So, to you, and any newbs that might be lurking . . . stick around and become part of this community. It's a lot of fun, and there is a ton of information to help make your vaping experience the best it can be.

deback

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2010
Michigan
Alicia -

Here are my suggestions:

Upgrade to eGo 650mAh batteries and use Boge 510 cartomizers from litecigusa.net (or just drip directly into the atomizer and use a drip tip as a mouthpiece).

You can get an eGo 650mAh kit, with two atomizers, eGo fast USB charger, wall adapter, five cartridges, two cover cones, a cheap bag, and two battery button protectors for $42.98 total with shipping at Liberty Flights. This includes a 20% discount using the coupon code of ECF. They still have a few left in stock (black, pink and white at this moment).

I received this kit in the mail Wednesday and love the size of the 650mAh batteries! I've been using 900mAh and 1000mAh eGos for the last 2½ months and thought I loved the 900mAh eGo the best. Now I can't quit using the 650mAh batteries and am thinking about buying 3 more black 650mAh batteries at their price of $44.58 with shipping and 20% discount.

Electronic Cigarette - Starter Kits - Joye eGo

The 650mAh eGo battery is 2 3/4" in length and a total of 4 3/8" with the atomizer and drip tip attached. It lasts 6 hours (for me, vaping constantly) before needing to be recharged. The 900mAh battery lasts me about 9 hours, and the 1000mAh battery lasts me about 10 hours.

I've had no problem with atomizers dying yet, but I use cartomizers most of the time. When I do use atomizers about once a week for a few hours, I'll let the atty cool down often, when it feels hot. I also make sure I drip in 3 drops when I detect a faint burnt taste. Now and then, I'll blow through the atty (or soak it in isopropyl alcohol and let it dry thoroughly) and then drip in 5 drops, blow once lightly to push the juice down all the way, and then add 3 more drops. This has worked great for me. Then, about 9 drags later, I have to add 3 more drops. If I get a nasty burnt taste, I'll add 4 drops.

Good luck! I hope you find something that works for you, but many people here have been more than satisfied after they upgraded to an eGo setup, quit using cartridges and switched to using cartomizers or just drip into the atomizer and use a drip tip (but I remove the drip tip and drip directly into the atty, and then replace the drip tip, since I just use the drip tip as a mouthpiece).

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
Wow. This must be very frustrating! Sorry to hear (read) about your pain!

Lots of great advice above. Just some thoughts:

1) Common problem #1 - juice clogs up atty over time. User doesn't clean out the atties as well as he/she thinks. Atties don't perform well, performance drops off. User "over-vapes" them, they get hot, melt the carts.
You can tell this is it, because when you open a new atty, blow out the primer, put juice in, it works well at the start. Performance drops off gradually due to clogging. Getting it too hot can melt/break the wire too. Multi-meter shows there is a connection if clogged, none if a break.

2) Crap atties that are just overheating, or too low ohms for you (doubt it with standard 510 batteries, but who knows..... Try different atties as mentioned above)

3) bad battery connection - probably not it either, since you are melting carts.

QUESTION: how does the atty fail? All at once (no heat), or gradual reduced performance? Do you have a multi-meter? Can you test a "busted" one?
QUESTION #2: (asked above too) How are you cleaning them? Do you blow them out twice per day?

4) Some juices clog the heck out of atties... real fast too. Try vaping some unflavored nic juice, or switch juices.

So I'd try in order:

1) Blow out atty 2 times per day
2) Clean atty with water, vodka or ISO (and dry out the alcohol)
3) new juice, new (different type of) atty
4) fresh batteries

Just two cents. Hope it helps.

EDIT: Oh, yeah, uh.... Screw the carts. None of that filler crap works. Try dripping. If you like it, get a drip tip...

Stick with it. Once it works out with the carts/atties/juice, you can upgrade the other hardware. It's worth it to get off tobacco!/stinkies!

....... Nowadays I HAVE to hit them for 10-20 seconds otherwise there is no vapor and very little flavor......
Hmmm.... bad battery or bad atty..... Melting carts indicate a bad/clogged atty, with a working battery. But, also clean off the battery connector and atty connector too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread