Alternate Batteries?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Underdawg736

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2013
Lancaster, Pa
Hello REOville! Well I'm back from vacation and now I'm gonna get down and dirty and get me a Mini 2.1 before my 6 month vapeversary. I'm planning on getting everything in phases. Phase 1 is batteries and charger, phase two is REO accessories, and the 3rd and final phase is the Mini itself. The reasoning to this madness is to have everything for when the REO arrives and it'll look a bit less painful on the wifes face with smaller charges......lol! Now onto the batteries, I know the AW IMR batteries are strongly suggested and I'm fine with those however on the RTDVAPOR site it'll only allow you to put no more then ONE 14900 battery in your cart. So I was looking at these guys here since I'm looking to get 3 or 4 to start with (backups and backup to the backups!) https://www.rtdvapor.com/online-store/batteries/awpro18500-detail and or these https://www.rtdvapor.com/online-store/batteries/efest18490-detail?? I'm planning on executing Phase I come payday. Thanks a bunch guys!

darkzero

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2013
SoCal
Maybe they only have 1 in stock left? I have ordered multiple AW IMR 18490s from them. There are also plenty of other vendors who sell them too. I would go with the IMR instead of the protected li-ions for vaping. I normally order from RTD but I have ordered from Avid Vapor too. Before vaping I used to get all my AWs from Lighthound or directly from AW in HK.

EDIT: Just checked and RTD is showing out of stock for the AW IMR 18490. Guess someone snagged the last one right from under your nose. :)

Last edited:

Statistic

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2013
United States
1) What Karen and DZ said.. get the AW IMR high drain and skip anything else.

2) Be sure you get the correct sized batteries for the mod you plan to buy. The Mini takes 14500's, the Mini 2.1 takes 18500/18490's. Neither take 14900's (do 14900's even exist?)

3) I also just added several 14500's to a shopping cart, they are currently out of stock on the 18490's :(

Good luck and godspeed on assembling your vape kit! :)

Underdawg736

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2013
Lancaster, Pa
1) What Karen and DZ said.. get the AW IMR high drain and skip anything else.

2) Be sure you get the correct sized batteries for the mod you plan to buy. The Mini takes 14500's, the Mini 2.1 takes 18500/18490's. Neither take 14900's (do 14900's even exist?)

3) I also just added several 14500's to a shopping cart, they are currently out of stock on the 18490's :(

Good luck and godspeed on assembling your vape kit! :)

I guess I should've proof read that one.....that .... dyslexia likes to sneak in when I let my guard down! Yes I'm looking to grab the 18490's for the Mini 2.1

_more_

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2012
Maybe they only have 1 in stock left? I have ordered multiple AW IMR 18490s from them. There are also plenty of other vendors who sell them too. I would go with the IMR instead of the protected li-ions for vaping. I normally order from RTD but I have ordered from Avid Vapor too. Before vaping I used to get all my AWs from Lighthound or directly from AW in HK.

EDIT: Just checked and RTD is showing out of stock for the AW IMR 18490. Guess someone snagged the last one right from under your nose. :)

sorry i did it :) but they do notify you very fast for things out of stock.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread