Alternative for vape juice

Status
Not open for further replies.

George Clinton

Mar 15, 2020
Hi, my name is George.

Basically I'm out of vape juice and rn I am in the country where it is illegal. To get a bottle of vape juice is possible but expensive and kind of have to wait a week. I havent vaped for a week now and I dont want to buy cigs because of the smell that they leave. Can someone tell me what i can use as a vape juice for my pod.

Thanks

Ps. Im using Caliburn which is vape with pod system like juul.

George Clinton

Mar 15, 2020
Hi George,
VG+distilled water (up to 15%).
Check your local pharmacy for VG.

Where are you located?

cheers
I

Hey

Thanks for replying.
I went to my local pharmacy. I've got Glycerol BP (idk what it means) but it kinda works probably I have to manually add water to it.

Currently I am in Singapore where it is 2000$ fine for vaping, so I have to stay low.

Regards,

George

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Hey

Thanks for replying.
I went to my local pharmacy. I've got Glycerol BP (idk what it means) but it kinda works probably I have to manually add water to it.

Currently I am in Singapore where it is 2000$ fine for vaping, so I have to stay low.

Regards,

George
It's important to use distilled water with no mineral content when mixing.
"BP" indicates it meets the British Pharmaceutical standards for purity and ingredients.

Be safe
I

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
I would like to clarify, is it safe to vape BP?

Thanks
Yes. It is exactly what you want to be using.
The higher the purity percentages the better.
Most of the products we use for vaping are 99% pure or greater.
Do not buy or use lessor grades (below 98% purity) of VG or PG.

Cheers
I

Reactions: 2WhiteWolves

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
I would like to clarify, is it safe to vape BP?
Thanks
Welcome and glad you joined.
Could consider the type of atomiser your using in regards to having to adding water. RDA's work splendidly without water.
Might like to read:
2015: The Art of the Drip - A Dripping Primer | Spinfuel VAPE
(7) Information Resources for Your First RBA | E-Cigarette Forum
Might wish to fill in your avatar location(Far East), it may help you in obtaining location specific information to your future question(s).
On the top right hand corner of this post you will find --"your name" next to "Inbox and Alerts"
Place the mouse pointer on your name,click. You will get a drop down and on the left hand side of this drop down you will find "Personal Details". Click Personal Details.
In Personal Details, in middle of screen in gray, you will find "Location" Could fill that box line in.
re: New users - Put your location in your Profile...

• Informative
Reactions: gerrymi

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
It's important to use distilled water with no mineral content when mixing.
I
Okay, I'm curious as to why? Other than minerals trashing a coil earlier than it would otherwise, what is it about using distilled that makes it that important? I know for long term, that'd be preferred, but I've never heard any other negatives about it.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Okay, I'm curious as to why? Other than minerals trashing a coil earlier than it would otherwise, what is it about using distilled that makes it that important? I know for long term, that'd be preferred, but I've never heard any other negatives about it.

Beyond coil trashing, my gut tells me that those minerals may not be great for long term vaping. Same as for the chemicals in treated city water.

But all this could be nonsense. It's just a gut feeling.

Reactions: Brewdawg1181

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 30, 2017
    Metro ATL
    Beyond coil trashing, my gut tells me that those minerals may not be great for long term vaping. Same as for the chemicals in treated city water.

Yeah, I've never heard a definitive answer. That could be true. But I thought about this a bit when I wanted to try to thin my all VG a long time ago. I figured I'm breathing the steam from that non-distilled water in massive amounts daily. I know it's not the same- that's steam from 110F or so water, not vapor from a 400F+ coil, but still....I'm not sure the minerals even make it to your lungs instead of remaining as crust on the coil.

Anyway, I didn't have any DW on hand, so I just tried tap water to see. Wasn't for me. But I was just curious if there were other reasons I just hadn't heard of. I know if I used it long term, DW is cheap, and I'd especially use it for drop ins. If I were in a pinch though, I'd figure it's still better than a stogie. :)

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    First... about using water: I've found 5 % works well (but it wasn't a pod) so maybe up to 10 % but even that's pushing it.
    Second, you are not getting any nicotine that way... just vaping alone does help replace smoking but are there any other choices for nicotine replacement (gum, patch)?
    Why distilled water? Mostly minerals in hard water but where I live, they add a lot of chlorine. I filter it for drinking and removes chlorine but not minerals (when I lived up in the mountains was very lucky to have pristine soft water... I miss it)

Izan

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 1, 2012
    Mallorca, Spain
    I don't have any science or articles to support my position.
    I have always suggested DW simply because it's composition is known.
    It should have no off smells, tastes or contaminants to alter the final mix.

IMO, we should choose the purest ingredients possible for vaping. Just in case.

Cheers
    I

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2013
    New Orleans La.

what does one do when they take a hot shower, do they wear some type of device to keep the "steam/vapor" from being inhaled? if not, then adding 10% normal water to the VG/PG shouldnt be an issue health wise... as far as the coil, it will eventually take its toll and crud up the coil if the coil gets to be used long enuf ( weeks)...

just a thought...

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    what does one do when they take a hot shower, do they wear some type of device to keep the "steam/vapor" from being inhaled? if not, then adding 10% normal water to the VG/PG shouldnt be an issue health wise... as far as the coil, it will eventually take its toll and crud up the coil if the coil gets to be used long enuf ( weeks)...

just a thought...

Total time per day I'm breathing vapors in the shower is much less time I spend per day inhaling vapor from my vape gear. Exposure time between the 2 isn't even slightly comparable, at least for me. Even if I took 3 showers a say it wouldn't be comparable.

I also have a shower filter, FWIW.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread