Alternative to Marshmallow flavoring

Status
Not open for further replies.

december120964

Jun 11, 2014
Pennsylvania
Hi all

I am new to DIY have run across some recipes I would like to try. Several list marshmallow flavoring and I don't have it. I can't be buying every single flavoring listed in a recipe I would go broke lol
So my question can I use French Vanilla, Vanilla swirl, Whipped Cream or Bavarian Cream as a substitute? I don't want to waste any more than I have to and these recipes sound good to try

Thand everyone in advance

Reactions: VapourFlavour

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
@december120964, marshmallow is, to me, less about flavor, and more about creating a thicker mouthfeel to the vape. All the flavors you have listed (with, maybe, the exception of Whipped Cream) have very distinct flavor contributions. So, they will likely, significantly alter the intended flavor of the original recipe(s).

A Meringue (TFA, or FA) is probably the closest sub I can think of. Even that will be a bit lighter (less "thick") than marshmallow.

If it were me, and I had the rest of the flavors, to make as the recipe directs; I would start with no substitution. Simply omit it. This result will give you the closest thing to what the author intended. After vaping a little of it; you can then decide if it is in need of something further, and what might be a "next best" option. :)

december120964

Jun 11, 2014
Pennsylvania
@december120964, marshmallow is, to me, less about flavor, and more about creating a thicker mouthfeel to the vape. All the flavors you have listed (with, maybe, the exception of Whipped Cream) have very distinct flavor contributions. So, they will likely, significantly alter the intended flavor of the original recipe(s).

A Meringue (TFA, or FA) is probably the closest sub I can think of. Even that will be a bit lighter (less "thick") than marshmallow.

If it were me, and I had the rest of the flavors, to make as the recipe directs; I would start with no substitution. Simply omit it. This result will give you the closest thing to what the author intended. After vaping a little of it; you can then decide if it is in need of something further, and what might be a "next best" option. :)

Thank you so much. I am impatient to wait on an order and thought I might get away with a substitute lol. After reading more. I think I will wait :). Ty again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread