The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Alternative to Marshmallow flavoring

Discussion in 'DIY E-Liquid' started by december120964, Oct 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. december120964

december120964 Full Member

Jun 11, 2014
    Pennsylvania
    Hi all

I am new to DIY have run across some recipes I would like to try. Several list marshmallow flavoring and I don't have it. I can't be buying every single flavoring listed in a recipe I would go broke lol
    So my question can I use French Vanilla, Vanilla swirl, Whipped Cream or Bavarian Cream as a substitute? I don't want to waste any more than I have to and these recipes sound good to try

Thand everyone in advance

• Like Like x 1
  2. bombastinator

bombastinator ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    Marshmallow is not a Milk flavor, it’s mostly vanilla. but it is sort of milky tasting I suppose. Will it taste the same as the actual recipie? Probably not. Will it still taste good? Only you can determine that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Vapedog

Vapedog Super Member

Oct 28, 2018
    Mmm, if I had that choice, couldn't get any marshmallow, my first choice might be Vanilla Swirl. But only if I had to. Personally I'd try to get the marshmallow.

4. Unforeseen

Unforeseen Admin
    Commercial/Suppliers Asst. Manager
    Admin Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
  5. IDJoel

IDJoel Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 20, 2015
    Boise, ID
    @december120964, marshmallow is, to me, less about flavor, and more about creating a thicker mouthfeel to the vape. All the flavors you have listed (with, maybe, the exception of Whipped Cream) have very distinct flavor contributions. So, they will likely, significantly alter the intended flavor of the original recipe(s).

A Meringue (TFA, or FA) is probably the closest sub I can think of. Even that will be a bit lighter (less "thick") than marshmallow.

If it were me, and I had the rest of the flavors, to make as the recipe directs; I would start with no substitution. Simply omit it. This result will give you the closest thing to what the author intended. After vaping a little of it; you can then decide if it is in need of something further, and what might be a "next best" option. :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. december120964

december120964 Full Member

Jun 11, 2014
    Pennsylvania

Thank you so much. I am impatient to wait on an order and thought I might get away with a substitute lol. After reading more. I think I will wait :). Ty again

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.