Alto Charger Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tylxr

Aug 12, 2019
Been vaping for a while now, I love the Vuse Alto. Recently went on vacation and left my charger at my house (i’m an idiot i know) so i googled ways other people have charged their Altos without a charger. I tried the red and black wire touching to the bottom of the vape and had no luck. Now i’m home and my Alto isn’t charging....Help would be greatly appreciated!!!!

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Howdy and welcome :)

Hard to know. You might have shorted something with your Hackery.
One of the issues with pods is they’re totally self contained and don’t have much in the way of readouts. There could be any number of issues few of which are fixable. To make it more fun there’s a bag LiPo in that thing and they can explode if mishandled.

In your particular position I would buy an new device and turn the origional in as toxic electronics waste. That’s me though. Others may have better answers.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I agree with bombastinator. You probably shorted out the electronics with your attempted hack. I would no longer consider your battery device safe to use. Lipo batteries are nothing to play around with. They are extremely flamable and can explode. Below is a vape device that had a Lipo battery in it.

Last edited:

vicsch

ECF Veteran
Jul 20, 2019
Howdy and welcome :)

Hard to know. You might have shorted something with your Hackery.
One of the issues with pods is they’re totally self contained and don’t have much in the way of readouts. There could be any number of issues few of which are fixable. To make it more fun there’s a bag LiPo in that thing and they can explode if mishandled.

In your particular position I would buy an new device and turn the origional in as toxic electronics waste. That’s me though. Others may have better answers.
I agree ... they say when in dought throw it out !! ... It's scary messin' with those batteries I'd go out & get something else ....That is if that's ur only device !! ... I have several devices actually to many for myself but (i guess cause ima girl) if I think a device is cute I'll buy it & ask myself why later !! ...Keep Vapin' On !!

Reactions: mintymints

vicsch

ECF Veteran
Jul 20, 2019
I agree with bombastinator. You probably shorted out the electronics with your attempted hack. I would no longer consider your battery device safe to use. Lipo batteries are nothing to play around with. They are extremely flamable and can explode. Below is a vape device that had a Lipo battery in it.

What or which devices have Lipo batteries ?? ... I'm a lay person really to some batteries & I always buy devices with batteries already in em so I don't have to mess with putting them in devices I just thought they were safer !!

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
What or which devices have Lipo batteries ?? ... I'm a lay person really to some batteries & I always buy devices with batteries already in em so I don't have to mess with putting them in devices I just thought they were safer !!
Cigalike batteries, Ego stick batteries, vape pod batteries, and internal battery mods use "lipo" batteries - the ones that can not be removed. Technically called LCO (lithium cobalt oxide). They use the most dangerous (most flamable and explosive) battery chemistry.

The removeable lithium batteries fall into a "hybrid" or "safer chemistry" non-lipo category (IMR, INR). Both categories can be considered to be dangerous if they are misused or abused (short circuit). However, the safer chemistry or hybrid batteries are more likely to just vent hot gas rather than flame or explode; but they can also flame or explode depending upon the circumstances. There is no such thing as a "safe" battery.

Deeper Understanding of Mod Batteries Part 1

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: YorkMan

vicsch

ECF Veteran
Jul 20, 2019
Wow ... ty for the info ... I started watching ur video but I got lost in it after afew minutes ... but I see what ur saying & I just always thought the safer batteries were the ones built in guess I'm big-time wrong but I don't like the devices either that u have to put them in urself. So I dunno ... most of the devices I have are built in my vaporesso luxe nano mod. & I have an aspire zelos mod. & the rest of my devices are refillable pod devices. So i guess the next device I purchase I'll have to choose more wisely ...unless I wanna blow-up or catch-on-fire !
Ego stick batteries and internal battery mods use lipo batteries - the ones that can not be removed. They use the most dangerous (most flamable and explosive) battery chemistry. The removeable lithium batteries fall into the "safer chemistry" Li-ion category (IMR, INR). Both categories can be considered to be dangerous if they are misused or abused.

Deeper Understanding of Mod Batteries Part 1

info ..I just thought the safer ones were the built in batteri

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Almost All devices that have internal batteries are LiPo batteries. There are a few exceptions but not many. LiPo batteries are unusual as they can be made to any form factor so devices with unusual form factors and internal batteries are pretty much guaranteed to have them. The only exception I personally know of is the ageis mini, and with that I’m making an assumption based on the similarity of the mini to the solo. LiPos are both cheap and powerful. As a result they are very common.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Wow ... ty for the info ... I started watching ur video but I got lost in it after afew minutes ... but I see what ur saying & I just always thought the safer batteries were the ones built in guess I'm big-time wrong but I don't like the devices either that u have to put them in urself. So I dunno ... most of the devices I have are built in my vaporesso luxe nano mod. & I have an aspire zelos mod. & the rest of my devices are refillable pod devices. So i guess the next device I purchase I'll have to choose more wisely ...unless I wanna blow-up or catch-on-fire !

info ..I just thought the safer ones were the built in batteri
You need to be comfortable using whichever type of battery device you choose. If you're more comfortable using an internal battery mod, then use that.

But you can choose to educate yourself on the removeable batteries. They are a safeR battery, but you still need to use safe battery practices when using them because there are no "safe" batteries.

There are pro's and con's to each type. Internal Battery (Lipo) or External Batteries (18650)? Which type is right for you?

lipo-or-18650_large.jpg

I use both internal battery (not removeable) mods and external battery (removeable) mods. My preference is to use removeable batteries because I can pick and choose which model best fits my style of vaping from their battery specifications (amp rating and mAh rating). You can't do that with internal battery mods, because the manufacturer does the picking.

Battery Basics for Mods: The Definative Battery Guide for Vaping

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Diver9543

vicsch

ECF Veteran
Jul 20, 2019
You need to be comfortable using whichever type of battery device you choose. If you're more comfortable using an internal battery mod, then use that.

But you can choose to educate yourself on the removeable batteries. They are a safer battery, but you still need to use safe battery practices when using them because there are no "safe" batteries.

There are pro's and con's to each type. Internal Battery (Lipo) or External Batteries (18650)? Which type is right for you?

lipo-or-18650_large.jpg

I use both mods that use either Lipo and mods that use removeable batteries. My preference is to use removeable batteries because I can pick and choose which model best fits my style of vaping from their battery specifications. You can't do that with internal battery mods, because the manufacturer does the picking.

Battery Basics for Mods: The Definative Battery Guide for Vaping
Ohhh yes i agree the education on most anything or even a little bit of it is better than not knowing about anything or something at all ! .... Ty both for some knowledge I received today !

• Love
Reactions: Baditude

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
The only exception I personally know of is the ageis mini, and with that I’m making an assumption based on the similarity of the mini to the solo.
I assure you the Mini Aegis has a Lipo in it. I have both the Mini and the Solo, and you would not be able to fit an 18650 in the Mini because it is too short by half an inch.

full

Last edited:

vicsch

ECF Veteran
Jul 20, 2019
I have yet to try what they call the nic salts ... So how does it differ from the e liquid ?? ... I heard from afew that it was really bad to inhale or use ..but I haven't seen anything about nic salts good or bad in this forum .... So I've really been afraid to try it. If anyone or all who cares to write me about it or give in-site or convince me it's ok to use...please !

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I have yet to try what they call the nic salts ... So how does it differ from the e liquid ?? ... I heard from afew that it was really bad to inhale or use ..but I haven't seen anything about nic salts good or bad in this forum .... So I've really been afraid to try it. If anyone or all who cares to write me about it or give in-site or convince me it's ok to use...please !
It’s exactly the same as unprotonated liquid in most respects. The advantages are it has less throat hit and a longer unrefrigerated shelf life. The disadvantage is the company that came of with them so far as anyone can tell did zero safety research. The only bit of research found says They spike a lot higher and faster on blood levels so there is a potential that they may be more addictive. Their lower throat hit also allows a higher concentration of nicotine to be consumed, so it’s sort of a wine/whisky issue.
Basically there’s just no data one way or the other. They’re a big fat question mark.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread