Status
Not open for further replies.

Katatonik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2011
Dallas, TX
Altsmoke.com is a quality supplier.
Since I've begun researching for my first VP starter kit, I've been to dozens of supplier websites, and altsmoke is one of the best supplier's I've seen.

Their website is neat and organized. It looks professional and is easy to navigate. There is something to be said about a well built website: it develops a strong trust from the consumer that the supplier is trustworthy and well organized. If I go to a website and all the graphics look like they were made in paint and the site is coded like a 12 year old with a basic HTML code sheet next to it, the consumer should be forewarned that they are probably in fact dealing with 12 year olds.

Their supply management is also a plus. If they don't have it in stock, the website automatically shows it. There's nothing worse than ordering a product only to find out its out of stock. So kudos to altsmoke for not wasting the consumer's time. The one thing I would suggest to altsmoke is that they add an eta for out of stock products so the consumer will know when to expect the products will be in stock for purchase.

Their prices are fair. I bought an ego black starter kit, 5 yeti cartomizers, drip tip, 30 ml liquid, and 15 ml liquid for ~75 bucks (with priority mail shipping). Enough to last me for a long time. Most other suppliers I looked at had starter kits for the same product AT 70 bucks (not including shipping). The suppliers I looked at that had cheaper "starter" kits included half of what I got in my kit. My kit came with 2 batteries, 2 atomizers, 2 cones, a usb charger and usb to wall charger, a small pouch for parts, and 5 prefilled cartridges.

Their liquid is quality. The PG flue-cured tobacco had strong taste, great TH, and came in a high nic level. I don't particularly care for flue-cured tobacco taste (tastes too much like the camel snus), but it's definitely a liquid others will enjoy. The banana eliquid tastes great and is perfect for dripping. Same with strawberry-banana (though I preferred the banana one more). While other suppliers may have more selection, (V4L/VaporKing), altsmoke consumer reviews were much higher than those suppliers.

Customer Service was also friendly and prompt. USPS failed to process the priority mail properly and so the tracking service was bunked until the last day before it came. I contacted altsmoke and they were able to assure me that they were on top of the situation.

Shipping time took a little longer than I would have hoped (it took 6 days), but like I said, USPS failed to process the shipment correctly. Also, I was impatient and wanted it the second after I ordered it. So I don't blame altsmoke.

In summary:
Pros:
-Great, organized, user-friendly website
-Fair prices
-Quality products
-Great customer service

Cons:
-Not as great of a selection of e-liquids (but the ones they do have are top-quality)--Quality over Quantity
-Shipping time took longer than expected (but this was almost entirely USPS' fault, NOT altsmoke)
-No indication on when to expect a new shipment for purchase (though I haven't encountered any suppliers that DO have this)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread