Am I a Luddite?

Status
Not open for further replies.

crunchie812

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2014
Key Largo, FL USA
I do not care for simple stuff. I like fooling around with stuff, building coils, wicking, measuring ohms and all that. My daughter on the other hand likes the Ego with a Kanger and she just buys new coils. We are both pretty happy with what we have chosen. I am for you, crunch.

I'm a hopeless tinkerer myself, I rebuild computers, guitars, bicycles, digital pianos, anything I get myhands on. I need to keep SOMETHING simple.

i do mix my own juice, but I do that mainly for convenience and economy.

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
Oddly I don't get that carto taste when it is in a tank; just on standalone cartos. I like a HH .357 for testing flavors, but that's pretty much the same concept...

The Kanger cartos have a bit of that carto taste with fruity flavors. You can't taste it with tobacco and stronger flavors. The Boge do not seem to have that taste. the Japanese cotton holds more juice and has no taste at all, just the juice flavor. I get the Kangers for $2.25 for 5 pack.

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...
The Kanger cartos have a bit of that carto taste with fruity flavors. You can't taste it with tobacco and stronger flavors. The Boge do not seem to have that taste. the Japanese cotton holds more juice and has no taste at all, just the juice flavor. I get the Kangers for $2.25 for 5 pack.

I tried the Kanger cartos before, right before I went to carto tanks. Not bad, but after carto tanks it's tough to go back...

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
I tried the Kanger cartos before, right before I went to carto tanks. Not bad, but after carto tanks it's tough to go back...

Yeah but I just hate it when the tank slides off of the carto in my pocket :) I mostly use the Esmart T4 clearomizers. I get over a couple months of use out of them with perodic cleaning.

Bernard Marx

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2014
attic
You have the ego T I think it is a little tank that gets pierced by the atomizer right? I think that is the T model, works pretty good I hear holds around a mil of juice I think. I use little clearomizer tanks that are almost identical in size to what you use.

Yes! They work great! Thanks!

They are sort of like cigalikes but way better!! (My point.)

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...
Yeah but I just hate it when the tank slides off of the carto in my pocket :) I mostly use the Esmart T4 clearomizers. I get over a couple months of use out of them with perodic cleaning.

Never had that happen, but I use the Smok cartos with the flanged base.

I use this for discreet pocket carrying-

258w9rn.jpg

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
Or maybe even a heretic, or a blasphemer?

More isn't better if what you have is *working* for you.

I like the 650 size batts, they are so transportable.

The other thing is that while people are spending a gazillion $$ on newer stuff, the older stuff has become dirt cheap, and I've picked up quite a few great things lately online that is almost ridiculously cheap that I love using :)

There are still people here who use cig a likes as well. It's just that there's not much to discuss so they don't post. :)

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
I think I am not making myself clear. I have a Joyetech device that has a little atomizer that sticks on top of the battery (say 1100 mah) and there is a little tank which is independent of this which I fill with liquid and then stick on the pointy atomizer.

Am I the only person that has this?

No......I use mine daily. :) I have the regular ego C adapter that takes the tank and atty.....as well as a pretty little eCab, which is just so pretty for out and about. I love these things. Once you learn now to prime them etc. those little joyetech Type A atties last me MONTHS. I boil them once a week, then use again.

Bernard Marx

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2014
attic
More isn't better if what you have is *working* for you.

I like the 650 size batts, they are so transportable.

The other thing is that while people are spending a gazillion $$ on newer stuff, the older stuff has become dirt cheap, and I've picked up quite a few great things lately online that is almost ridiculously cheap that I love using :)

There are still people here who use cig a likes as well. It's just that there's not much to discuss so they don't post. :)

You are probably right. I have no trouble with my device.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
You are probably right. I have no trouble with my device.

Yeah, that's the point. Simple, nice mellow vape, nothing to fiddle with. I keep a few disposables around for when I just want to DASH out of the house and not check if things are charged or fill up stuff.

I do once in a while just fill 3 cartos and leave on counter overnight.......plop them into an altoids tin box and that is all I need for all day in town on errands with a small ego battery.

When I started vaping and quit smoking, most of the stuff avail. today wasn't around......and I quit smoking and was satisfied, so I don't really see the point in upgrading anymore. I used to......mostly out of curiousity to learn about new gear. But I've used so many things now, I get the drift and really don't need any more stuff.

but there are people who love to fiddle and that is fine, too.

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
Never had that happen, but I use the Smok cartos with the flanged base.

I use this for discreet pocket carrying-

258w9rn.jpg

I was thinking about the carto tanks that slide on a cartomizer. Yes that has a carto style wick, but I still think of it as a clearomizer.

That is about identical to my rig I use most often. Sizewise. Different brands. My favorite battery is a bit shorter though.

Last edited:

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
High quality cigalikes and micro tanks are the future...

Joyetech did okay with the eRoll, except the tanks were way too small. Other than that, I would still be using them. You can't beat the "classy look" and PCC charging case. Now they have the PCC case that holds 3 batteries, and a well on side for extra tanks. PCC charges your batts for a full day........looks like an iphone.

REally loved mine, but tanks need to get a bit larger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread