Am I allergic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

baillou2

Jul 17, 2009
Florida, USA, Earth.
So when I vape for even just a few minutes consistantly I get a sore throat. But it's a weird sore throat that feels kind of raw and almost throbs when I take my first hit. Talk about throat hit! Then I find the pain of the sore throat creep up into my head and give my a neck/head ache.

Now it's important to know that I have strange throat/asophagus problems already as a result of acid reflux, but I don't think I've ever had a sore throat that could work its way into the back of my neck and then into my head.

This may not have anything much to do with vaping though. I probably need to double up on my prylosec, drink less coffee, and get my impacted molars taken out (somehow I think this is related).

Moonflame

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 27, 2009
Smith Mt Lake area, Va, USA
How long have you been vaping? I had a sore throat for about the first week, maybe 10 days, but it went away. I found that if I don't have a drink to sip on throughout the day I will start to feel an irritation and I know I need to drink more. Also, some people have a reaction to PG and switching to a VG based liquid helps. Hope some of that is useful :).

baillou2

Jul 17, 2009
Florida, USA, Earth.
How long have you been vaping? I had a sore throat for about the first week, maybe 10 days, but it went away. I found that if I don't have a drink to sip on throughout the day I will start to feel an irritation and I know I need to drink more. Also, some people have a reaction to PG and switching to a VG based liquid helps. Hope some of that is useful :).

What reaction do allergic people have to PG exactly? What are the symptoms.

RyanW

ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2009
Seem to be having a very similar issue, but I've tried PG and VG so far to no avail =( Going to be upset if I can't find a liquid that doesn't bother me because I know my 510 will let me put down my analogs and never look back...

Did it take a few days for it to start bothering you or was it right away? I made it 4 days of light vaping without any problems but then after 1 day of only vaping I started feeling like I had a sore throat and the flu(even had a fever), didn't vape at all yesterday and started feeling better. Today I made it until about 2 hours ago and (wtf I was craving vape over my cigs!...coarse I was reading the boards here too so I wonder where that craving came from =P) So I broke out the PV w/ some Ecopure and damn near 3 puffs later started feeling "flu like" again =(

I was hoping that I really did just have the flu, but if I can suck down a pack of Malboros and not feel worse...but 3 puffs of my Vape kicks it in again then somethings up.

stevo_tdo

ECF Veteran
May 27, 2009
Missouri
Oh I love Futurama. You know they are coming back right. Anyways though. I'm allergic to pg.

Let's see

Abnormally painful sore throat
Itching
Headache (I thought I was getting nic o.d. at first but not)

Switch to vg or cut down existing pg liquid by atleast 33 percent. I know that helped me. Good vg liquid is hard to find. Especially over 16mg. A lot of suppliers have up to 48mg pg that has double flavor. I cut it down to 1/2 which would leave me 18 if you get 36 or 24 if you get 48 mg.

Just my experience. Some people have to completely eliminate pg, I just have to reduce it.

Moonflame

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 27, 2009
Smith Mt Lake area, Va, USA
Flu like feeling can also be your body ridding itself of all the chemicals you were smoking in analogs. Check the symptoms for quiting smoking to see if some of the symptoms you may be relating to starting vaping may be attributed to you body being addicted to all those nasty things in cigs other than nicotine that you are no longer feeding it.

There is a thread on the forums about symptoms of a new vapor and at least one about symptoms people who have experienced an allergy to PG. I don't remember the symptoms of PG allergy, but I do remember many of the withdrawal symptoms from analogs since I actually went through those. Thankfully I haven't had an issue with the PG even though a lot of folks with Fibromyalgia do since it breaks down to lactic acid and people with FM don't get rid of that like normal folks.

I too use VG to add to my liquids for added vapor so that may have helped me not have issues. I add 25-50% VG depending on what strength the liquid was to start and what I want it to end up.

baillou2

Jul 17, 2009
Florida, USA, Earth.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread