Am I doing this right?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tori Franco

Jul 24, 2018
Hey guys,
So finally bought my first vape. al85..
Super excited, & I’ve been playing around with it. Just wanna make sure I’m not messing it up. I think they guy told me that I shouldn’t have anything read •C on it. But can y’all tell me if you see anything wrong?!?
Thx! ✌✌

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 57
Reactions: chellie

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
I don't see anything wrong with that. It looks like you're in wattage or power mode at 60 watts on a .4Ω coil. I'm not certain, I don't have that mod, but that's how i read the screen display. The 39 degree C reading is for the internal temperature of the board and has nothing to do with the vape or atomizer. That's warm, if you don't know, but not hot; just a bit warmer than blood temperature. You might be able to set it somehow to read that in degrees Fahrenheit, but you'd have to go to the manual for that, I don't know how. I don't know what the ".15" reading in the box at the bottom is telling you, or the letter "N" in the box at the top.

chellie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2014
USA
Hey guys,
So finally bought my first vape. AL85..
Super excited, & I’ve been playing around with it. Just wanna make sure I’m not messing it up. I think they guy told me that I shouldn’t have anything read •C on it. But can y’all tell me if you see anything wrong?!?
Thx! ✌✌
Enjoy it and congrats - I remember how excited I was when I bought mine.

NealBJr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Lawrenceville, Ga.
Depends on
Hey guys,
So finally bought my first vape. AL85..
Thx! ✌✌

..what @suprtrkr said. But to add what he didn't know.. the N stands for normal mode (it provides normal power when you push the button)... you have the option to raise it to strong/high (or whatever your mod calls it) and it will provide a short burst of higher wattage to begin with, then taper off to the normal wattage. Most people prefer normal mode.

̶a̶s̶ ̶f̶a̶r̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶M̶6̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶.̶1̶5̶.̶.̶.̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶m̶i̶g̶h̶t̶ ̶w̶a̶n̶t̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶s̶w̶i̶t̶c̶h̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶m̶o̶d̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶w̶a̶t̶t̶s̶.̶ ̶ ̶M̶6̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶a̶ ̶c̶u̶s̶t̶o̶m̶ ̶s̶e̶t̶u̶p̶,̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶s̶h̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶o̶n̶l̶y̶ ̶u̶s̶e̶d̶ ̶i̶f̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶'̶r̶e̶ ̶u̶s̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶a̶ ̶c̶u̶s̶t̶o̶m̶ ̶c̶o̶i̶l̶.̶

(ignore the strikethrough text)

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Rangertrix

sdennislee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2012
Alaska
as far as the M6 and the.15... you might want to switch the mode to watts. M6 is for a custom setup, and should be only used if you're using a custom coil.

M6 is simply memory 6 and equates to 60 watts, M7 will be 70 watts, etc... you can go in and change the memory settings to be any watt value you like. The AL85 does not have custom curves.

It looks fine, would have been nice to see the settings after you fired the coil for a couple seconds. Then we could have seen actual amps, volts.

How does the vape taste and feel? Feel in terms of warm, cool, hot, too hot, too cool etc...?

What .15 ohm coil are you using? 60 watts seems close maybe a little low. The coil should have a recommended wattage. But the real test is how does it feel and taste to you.

Which batteries are you using?

Nice looking mod. I have some Aliens and really like them.

Congrats on the new mod.

NealBJr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Lawrenceville, Ga.
M6 is simply memory 6 and equates to 60 watts, M7 will be 70 watts, etc... you can go in and change the memory settings to be any watt value you like. The AL85 does not have custom curves.

Aye, thanks for that.. on most other mods, the m1-9 or whatever is custom curve I double checked after I read your post, and you're right. I put a strikethrough on my original post... thanks. :)

Reactions: Tori Franco

sdennislee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2012
Alaska
I saw a SMOK video describing one possible use of the 20 memories. Unlike some of my other mods you can't lock the power up/down buttons without locking the fire button too on some of SMOK's devices. You have to be careful not to pull it out of your pocket and take a hit at 220 watts.

SMOKs suggestion for the memories is to set all 20 at the same wattage, say 60 watts as shown in the OPs post and leave the mod in Memory mode so if you accidentally hit the power up/down button it will change to the next memory at the same wattage. Holy crap Batman did they really suggest that. Who has that kind of time in their life????? What happens when I put a new coil in and need to now vape at 55 or 65 watts, go through and change the 20 memories again, insane.

I guess a firmware upgrade that lets you lock the power up/down buttons but leave the fire button active is way to hard.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Super excited, & I’ve been playing around with it. Just wanna make sure I’m not messing it up.
Welcome and glad you joined.
Now the time, under warranty, to put your mod through it's paces. You may soon find that increasing and decreasing wattage will be the only settings you change on a regular basis. Happy playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread