SMOK Al85 help

Status
Not open for further replies.

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
Man, OlderNDirt, you need to work for smok. :) I love your knowledge and investigation of smok products (although I do not own one, I kinda almost feel I do, thanks to you). You are the smok resource on ECF :)

Anna

Thanks, Anna! But I am enjoying retirement too much to re-join the business rat race! :thumbs:

Although I have a number of Smok products I use and like, my repertoire is not limited to that brand. But I am nowhere near an expert in any of them! I just delight in trying to help somebody genuinely seeking a solution to a problem. If I happen to have the same product, I am more then happy to do a little testing as long as it doesn't include something like "does it float?" :shock: I always have been and hope to always be a "puzzle guy!" Lord knows I have the time for it now!

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
Thanks guys for all the help! I charged it and it worked fine, but today while at work it stopped firing again when the battery is shown to be about 3/4 charged. I’m assuming this battery just sucks. It shouldn’t be not firing if it’s not almost dead. It has plenty of charge. Is it just a crap battery? I’ll post a pic. But it doesn’t have a brand on it just some numbers.
Actually, sounds like it's just old and at the end of its useful life. Buy a good one from Mooch's chart and you'll be in better shape. Depending on the wattage you normally vape, get a 20 or 25A cell. Under 60 watts I recommend Samsung 30q's, over 60 watts try the LG HD2C. Welcome to the board.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
i just bought this vape tonight. I’ve used other capes before but nothing with messing with so many settings as this one. Only with wattage on the others I’ve used. When I first opened this guy I did my usual prepping of the coil, etc. but when I tried to take my first hit, it’s not firing at all. I’ve changed coils, messed with settings, cleaned it, done every part of troubleshooting I can think of and it’s still not firing. It’s also now saying “check battery.” Is the battery faulty? Does the battery half to COMPLETELY charged to fire? I’m stuck. Help me. Becoming more and more frustrated by the minute. This is why I always end up back with a cigarette in my hand, these things can be so confusing. I know I wrote a lot, I’m sorry. Lol just wanna understand this thing better to prevent future run ins like this. I really wanna quit smoking cigarettes. Any help/tips for future would be so greatly appreciated! Thanks guys!!!

Hi Cdp,

I've been thinking of your situation and perhaps some troubleshooting tips. It might be good to take it a step at a time, eh? :)

Do you have a fully working battery in another device? Do you have a topper (tank/atomizer) on another setup?

If so, have you swapped those two items?

Your batt MAY be end of life, or undercharged, which is why I'd suggest you try a good (and charged) battery for starters.

Before you head out for another pack of Marlbs, let's get you going with this setup! :)

Feel free to PM me if you'd like more information/help.

KD~

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread