Am I dripping wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turtle11

Jan 7, 2012
Canada
Hi guys, just looking for a little advice. i thought I had a handle on the whole dripping thing, But now I'm not sure. I'm using an eGo, the regular one, not a -t, or -c. I get great flavour from my Mega dual coil carto's, but when dripping the flavour tastes burnt or metallic sometimes.

If I put some extra drops in, the flavour is great, but the cloud and TH seem to suffer, and I'm always afraid of flooding the atty. Is my atty burning the flavour? It happens most often with my TopVapor Cheesecake, but my coffee flavour seems ok most of the time, but definitely doesn't taste the same as when it's in the carto.

Thanks for the help

Huffelpuff

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2011
Philadelphia Burbs
Not an expert by any stretch here but recommend first blowing out a new atomizer to make sure that you've gotten any primer liquid out. Blow with your mouth through the battery end into a paper towel. Put 3-5 drops on for first use and take about 8-10 primer puffs where you don't inhale. Start inhaling when the taste is clean and flavorful.

Some of my atties take a few hours to break in. Make sure to use about 3 drops as soon as the flavor gets burnt. Keep em wet but don't flood. If you do flood them blow them out and let them dry in front of a fan for a little bit.

Nikkita6

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
New York
It might have something to do with the flavor, or it could just be the atty .... The standard 510 atties that came with my Ego 650 kit also had a tendency to produce a burned taste ... and when I used another 510 atty (not joye) I did not have this problem.

But I also noticed that certain flavors had a tendency to produce a burned taste more so than others while I was dripping, specifically cake or dessert types.

ChrispyCritter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2011
West of Rochester,N.Y.
Burnt flavor usually means not enough juice and maybe when you're putting in extra drops you're overdoing it a little. Once you have the atomizer "primed" when it starts to taste funny/burnt try dripping 2-3 drops..watch closely because sometimes you will get double drops..if 2-3 still seem too much try 1 or 2. Dripping just takes practice and you don't always get it perfect. I only drip with my fav flavor Carmel Tobacco because it's too thick to use it any other way. Dripping is good for trying new flavors but when you know you like it unless it's too thick it's best to use it in a cartomizer IMO.

Turtle11

Jan 7, 2012
Canada
I had that nasty primer taste for a bit even after blowing them out, and using them for a bit. I only drip when at home in the evenings, but I have had the kit since last Sunday, using the same atty the whole time.

Thanks Nikkita, maybe once I get some replacement atty's it wont happen as often. And thanks Huffelpuff, I'll add 3 drops right now and see where it gets me :)

Nikkita6

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
New York
Unfortunately all I can say is it's the one that came with the starter kit. I believe it's the standard resistance atty, as i did not specify LR when I bought it

Yeah that's the problem ... I hated the atty's that came with my Ego starter kit .... like really :unsure: Try buying a LR Ego atty, or some 510 (non joye) atties from www.CANVAPE.com .... they were much better than the atty's that came with my old Ego kit, in fact I have one attached to my Ego 1100mah batt right now and am dripping some Milk Chocolate Toffee, yum!

Bozzlite

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2010
Central Texas
One more question, when dripping, how often do you take a draw? When I'm using it, I puff on it just as often as I would for and analog...like I'll exhale and take another puff about 30-45 seconds later...Am I overheating the atty? Could that be a problem?

You can do 30-45 seconds a couple times in a row. Then wait at least 60 seconds. You will probably only get about 7-10 good hits before you need to add another 2-3 drops.

ChrispyCritter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2011
West of Rochester,N.Y.
One more question, when dripping, how often do you take a draw? When I'm using it, I puff on it just as often as I would for and analog...like I'll exhale and take another puff about 30-45 seconds later...Am I overheating the atty? Could that be a problem?

Is it getting too hot to touch?..I would say you can puff like that for awhile and let it get pretty hot but when it's so hot your finger being near it or the battery getting hot good idea to let it cool down. There isn't much that will melt in a atty itself..the wick is made of "glass" and it wrapped in wire mesh. There is a small rubber seal/gasket (this isn't very exposed most of it is covered by metal) where the center pin is a little bit of wire and whatever tip you are using is usually plastic. Mine get pretty hot before I give it a break.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread