Am I on the right track?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone!

I started on this path with Blu cigs and am now sitting here with a 1000 mAh eGo Twist in my left hand typing this.

I used a few of the Type A tanks that came in my starter kit. They were great, but ran out too fast and were a little messy to refill. There wasn't a huge amount of vapor either.

I ordered a couple of CE4 clearomizers because the reviews were mostly positive. I made a note of the negatives, but hoped for the best.

I'm on day three with the clearos and am getting a burnt taste more often than not. I don't think the wicks are drawing the liquid in properly. Is there a trick to getting a better hit?

I ordered a slim 3 ml dc tank from MVS last night with a few extra low res cartomizers.

I'm trying a little bit of everything right now to see if I can find what's right for me. I haven't lit an analog since I got my clearos though so at least I'm doing one thing right!

Matt

Chimney34

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 1, 2012
Winston-Salem, North Carolina
Hey there! I used clearos for a little bit. The key is to make sure you get the liquid absorbed into the wicks. Once you burn them it's over & you may as well just toss it. After I filled them I would give it a couple minutes to absorb & twirl it around a little just to make sure. I'd also spin my ecig around too while I vaped. That helped make sure the wicks were still absorbing the liquid especially since I tend to me a chain vaper. Also tilt your ecig at an angle when you vape.

mare ze dotes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2012
WI/Boston
Hi Matt. I like my CE4s. I have been useing them for about 4 months now and I used to get dry hits too. Other than getting a dud, which I have had happen once, I found that if I rock them back and forth to keep the wick saturated, that helps. Some people find that irratating but dont bug me none. Now I rest them on their sides for a while, rather than upright befor use. Just a simple idea.

Last edited:

BMike

Verified Member
Feb 19, 2013
Los Angeles
I've got the same problems on those as well. I have to set the twist as low as it will go when new or after cleaning, then inch up on it slowly. Just ordered a couple of Kanger EVods, hope they're better. Might want to get another battery as well. I started out with the same twist as you've got, it's not good when the battery goes dead, ordered a ego-V v2 mega, good to go now has a usb pass through, you can vape and charge at the same time.

Thanks for all the great tips!

They're eGo CE4 V2's from MVS. They're 2.4 ohms. They don't seem to have any accessible parts.

Just as I started writing this I dialed back my voltage from around 3.6v to 3.2v and it seems to be helping!

I've already been shopping for another battery so I can have a backup. The passthrough models are a great idea. I ended up taking a nap while I charged last night to avoid the cravings..

Have any tips on DC Tanks? I have a 3.5 ml tank with 1.5 ohm cartomizers on the way.

Matt

Hey there! I used clearos for a little bit. The key is to make sure you get the liquid absorbed into the wicks. Once you burn them it's over & you may as well just toss it. After I filled them I would give it a couple minutes to absorb & twirl it around a little just to make sure. I'd also spin my ecig around too while I vaped. That helped make sure the wicks were still absorbing the liquid especially since I tend to me a chain vaper. Also tilt your ecig at an angle when you vape.

I'm doing all of these things now add well and the burnt taste is drastically reduced! Thank you so much!

Matt

rjeatkrconley

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2012
Hell Paso, Texas
I never cared for the ce4s. But I may have been a little spoiled when I tried them. I had already gone with the vision vivi nova. Love Me some novas! Once you take the shroud off that surrounds the coil, you can really crank the voltage. I have a juice that just rocks at 10 watts. With a nova no less. Recently, I picked up a smoktek dct 6ml tank. It came with a single hole 1.5 dct carto. I guess I overfilled it. Gurgled and a mouthful of juice. I also got some 2 hole 2.5 cartos. I made sure not to overfill the carto, inserted into the tank, filled the tank and let I t sit for like 10 hours. Attach3d it to my vamo and nothing. Had to take the locking ring off the bottom. Tried again, gurgle city. Tried to blow it out. Tilted up to make sure the holes were not in juice. Kept blowing and blowing and blew all the juice or of the carto. Refilled with juice. Finally no gurgle but very little vapor or flavor. Let it sit for another hour and tried again. Was a little better but still not great. Have to say so far I am not impressed with Carto tanks! My novas work great every time! I never have problems with them. Great vapor and flavor, never leaks. Still using some of the same heads that are 2 months old! Ymmv. Great job getting off the analogs! It was really hard for me but now I have been smoke free for 2 months. Loving my novas and my vamo. I was going to get a provari with my tax return but blew the money on a galaxy note 2 instead. Oops. Better luck next year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread