Am I ready?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sed Contra

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 13, 2013
Northeast Ohio
I just bought a foot of wick and a foot of wire today because I bought my second rda. Now I have an A6 and a Trident clone.

So...I've been watching season 9 of Grey's Anatomy, and tonight I thought that I might give it a go on the A6. The bottom line is that within 5 minutes from getting all of the stuff together to do it, I build a 2.6 Ohm coil on my first try. I had no clue what the resistance would be, and I was a bit apprehensive when it put the A6 on my Provari to check the resistance. No error codes, and it fired up at 2.6 Ohms!

Consequently, since this was so easy (which is not to say that it'll always be so easy), I'm wondering how much more difficult it would be to try my hand at an RSST. Thoughts?

JackSparrow

Jun 30, 2013
United States
The RSST is one of the easiest genesis style RBAs to build. It has an insulated wick hole and the wire capture spring is very simple as well. I highly recommend doing a little research on how to properly oxidize your mesh. I use a propane torch I picked up at the hardware store to glow the mesh orange hot a couple time s then I roll the wick and torch it hot then quench in water while hot. I do that two to three times.

After that's done I juice the wick up and use a lighter to burn it off, also known as seasoning the wick. After all that is done, install the wick, wrap your coil, and pulse fire it slowly to check for hot spots. With the method I described, hot spots rarely happen.

It seems like a pita but once you do it a couple times, it's easy and second nature.

Good luck and happy vaping!

Sent via NSA Spy Satellite...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread