Am I the only one disappointed with the EVO?

Status
Not open for further replies.

igetcha

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2008
UK
www.E-Cig-Reviews.com
It all depends upon what you want most. I like vast quantities of thick dry vapour. Using apple as a base takes the sweetness off a bit. The more I vape the less I am looking for liquid that tastes like tobacco, funnily enough. A flavour is a flavour - it's quite clearly the nic and the vape that I crave. :)

horses for courses, swings and roundabouts, different strokes for different folks.......i know what you mean mate, taste etc is very subjective.

ive not tried apple and was quite surprised you said it takes the sweetness off the glycerine. i always assumed that apple would be very sweet! is it more a sour taste? what brand do you use? might have to try some!

e-pipeman

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2008
Brown Edge, England
horses for courses, swings and roundabouts, different strokes for different folks.......i know what you mean mate, taste etc is very subjective.

ive not tried apple and was quite surprised you said it takes the sweetness off the glycerine. i always assumed that apple would be very sweet! is it more a sour taste? what brand do you use? might have to try some!

TW Green Apple is great, as is the apple flavour from bestecigs. 36mg - cut it 50/50 with glyc - lovely! Ooh missus...

surbitonPete

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2009
North Yorkshire UK
I have been using the evo since just before xmas.....I am having to re-charge the batteries every three or four hours and incredibly they only seem to take about ten minutes to charge. I have had one atomizer fail which was disappointing but at least it was interesting to take apart to see just how they actually work for myself. Under a powerful magnifying glass I could see the coil had broken.

I am sure hoping my spare atomizer doesn't break before my next order arrives. Other than that it works fine, I drip a few drops into the cartridges when the smoke lessens. .....Unfortunately I cannot compare it to any others because it's the only one I have tried.

hey guys pretty new here, and ive only been vaping for a couple weeks now. My first and only e cig so far is the Evo so i cant really do comparisons.But my first impression is that its awesome, hits just like a real cig, throat hit seems to be just like a drag of a ciggarette, and battery life,im getting like atleast 8-10 hours out of them.Im just topping of with puresmoker Marb juice at the time, which actually tatses just like the carts it comes with, so im still on a mission to find a taste i like alittle more.But yeah no problems here, couple weeks and still like new.

paulhampson

ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2008
When i first got my EVO I was really happy with it. However, I find the atomizers die within 10 days of heavy use ) and while the genie batteries charge very quickly, they only last between 1.5>2hours for me ( I have 5 different batteries (4 genie) and 3 different chargers -2 usb one mains). This is made worse by the still continuing delays is dispatch and the decline in service levels relative to popularity. Please don't cite long life as an advantage, the battery life is not as long as many have claimed and the atomizer should be given away with 25 cartridges since that is how long they will last.

With regard to the first dead atomizer they sent a replacement out in the post the same day, when I told them that the first batteries were only lasting 1.5>2hours they sent a new USB charger. I order a another starter kit and found exactly the same problems (after a 3 week wait). When the second atomizer died I have sent 2 emails and got no response yet.

Success seems to be killing this product.

Last edited:

Jayhawks

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2009
MO/KAN USA
midwestvapor.com
I was dead set on getting a EVO for my first Ecig. But I have been emailing them about ordering 20 starter kits and I have not gotten a reply from them. Also after reading some of the latest reviews about items failing, I am now not sure that I want to deal with unhappy people that I sell to. I really need some good input on a good reliable starter kit that I can sell at my local bar. Most people I have talked to at my local bar want something that looks like a analog cig and must have good battery life.

Please help me decide

surbitonPete

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2009
North Yorkshire UK
I was dead set on getting a EVO for my first Ecig. But I have been emailing them about ordering 20 starter kits and I have not gotten a reply from them. Also after reading some of the latest reviews about items failing, I am now not sure that I want to deal with unhappy people that I sell to. I really need some good input on a good reliable starter kit that I can sell at my local bar. Most people I have talked to at my local bar want something that looks like a analog cig and must have good battery life.

Please help me decide[/quote

As far as I can tell none of the e-cigs have the kind of reliability we have come to expect from electronic things these days.....but I don't really mind if I have to keep replacing parts ....as long as it isn't costing me a fortune to do it. :nah:

typan

ECF Veteran
Dec 16, 2008
Staffordshire UK
My atomizer is still going strong after 5 weeks, I only clean it as and when I feel like it. I've only ever got 6 hours out of my batteries, because I am a heavy vapourer, and both are still lasting the same time. It does appear that there are a few that are sent that don't live up to expectations, I think that's always going to happen, and you will always hear more of the ones that don't work than the ones that do. But I have to say that I am still very pleased with the kit I received.

paulhampson

ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2008
It does appear that there are a few that are sent that don't live up to expectations.
I got two starter packs with a three week gap between receiving the first and the second and I have found the same problems in both (short battery 1 week long atomizer). I am not sure that failure rate can be seen as coincidence.

The worse thing is that they now seem to have become difficult to contact and re-orders will take 3 weeks to receive.

Shame I really liked the product initially.

Update: I just received the 2 atomizers I was waiting for and 2 free batteries. Site still shows the shipment as "invoiced" rather than "dispatched".

Back to enjoying the EVO hope the atomizer problem was a coincidence.

Last edited:

surbitonPete

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2009
North Yorkshire UK
Its been 2 weeks since I bought the BLACK Evos. I've used the white Evos for a month now.
My black atomizer died yesterday, but the older one (white) is still serving well....and cost me cheaper too!
Does the Black atomizer produce more heat, thus the short life span?

My first two 'white' evo atomizers only lasted me two weeks each ..so I think it's probably just luck of the draw...for how long they last. I am hoping my new ones will give me better life than that because it's a bit expensive to keep replacing them at that rate.

leftezi

ECF Veteran
Nov 1, 2008
Greece
e-kapnisma.gr
People quoting 6 hours use need to bear in mind 1 thing - THE NUMBER OF PUFFS FROM THE BATTERY. A 3.6v battery running at approx 200maH as the evo will only last for maximum 150 - 200 puffs.. (based on approx a 3 sec inhalation). The 901 is comparable, and penstyles.

No way to compare this two batteries. Maybe you have wright about the numbers but the experience is other. I don't know if EVO need less power but it lasts longer.
Yes, someone could say that the 901 battery lasts the same in time, but after two hours use, the 901 battery is useless. It produces very little vapor.
The EVO battery is constant to the end and that makes a big different.

To producers and suppliers : Who wants to make big money?

sherid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 25, 2008
USA

Please help me decide
I believe the only products that will work in bars where people just want an e cig to avoid going outside are cheap, disposable ones. Why not sell Ruyan Jazz or, even better, Electronic Cigarette Portal Disposable CIGS Smokers who want to explore it further can then go for the kits.

Mungo

ECF Veteran
Feb 12, 2009
London. UK.
Received my Evo on Saturday 14th and have used it for 2 days now. Very pleased with it in the main. However one of the batteries performs much better than the other. The better batt takes 2 hours to charge and give me 5 hours faultless service. The poorer of the two takes 2 hours to charge [Tho i did leave it charging for 8 hours to see if it improved it] and give me 2 hours service. i have to puff the Evo like a pipe to get any vapour, seems very unresponsive. i'm persisting with it to see if it improves before sending an email to the company.

Overall tho, i'm pleased with the product and bought some further carts and atomizer today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread