Am I the only one disappointed with the EVO?

Status
Not open for further replies.

e-pipeman

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2008
Brown Edge, England
If you're vaping that much then you probably need a USB passthrough. I use the original Intellicig atomiser and cartridges with a USB passthrough from Bestecig and a Battech usb battery. The battery lasts for 4-5 DAYS - it may be what you're after. You do have to top up frequently, though. :)

surbitonPete

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2009
North Yorkshire UK
If you're vaping that much then you probably need a USB passthrough. I use the original Intellicig atomiser and cartridges with a USB passthrough from Bestecig and a Battech usb battery. The battery lasts for 4-5 DAYS - it may be what you're after. You do have to top up frequently, though. :)

Thanks pipeman...i didn't know I could fit the evo with a usb passthrough....it would certainly be better for me at home. Intellicig should start selling all that kind of thing.

typan

ECF Veteran
Dec 16, 2008
Staffordshire UK
After using the Evo for nearly two months .....it's the cut out that had put me off of it the most.....there are times I just want a really good long draw and all I do is make it cut out for a couple of mins....it's like constantly having someone taking a cigarette away from you before you can manage to get a decent puff on it.

Have to say, after 2 months of use, that cut out, is still a killer for me, it wouldn't be so bad if you didn't have to wait so long for it to start again, and like a post I made when I first had it, it is really embarrassing when you come to show someone and it cuts out on you ! ....I think one of my batteries is starting to fade, it's gone from 6 hours of use to 4, I do abuse them though !

e-pipeman

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2008
Brown Edge, England
Thanks pipeman...i didn't know I could fit the evo with a usb passthrough....it would certainly be better for me at home. Intellicig should start selling all that kind of thing.

You can't with the Evo but you can with the original classic Intellicig. Works a treat!

Madisavapor

ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2009
UK

Sorry. Question answered by Pete above..

Last edited:

Cuando

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2009
Living in a box of CelluCotton
Have to say, after 2 months of use, that cut out, is still a killer for me, it wouldn't be so bad if you didn't have to wait so long for it to start again, and like a post I made when I first had it, it is really embarrassing when you come to show someone and it cuts out on you ! ....I think one of my batteries is starting to fade, it's gone from 6 hours of use to 4, I do abuse them though !
Tell me about it! I thought I remembered like a 10 second cut-out, but 2 minutes??? I barely get my vape on and the thing dies. As a matter of fact, at first I thought I got a faulty kit.

This will take some getting used to. I'm pretty glad I got the classic pen, though, it may look strange, but IMHO outperforms the EVO overall.

Terraphon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2009
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Tell me about it! I thought I remembered like a 10 second cut-out, but 2 minutes??? I barely get my vape on and the thing dies. As a matter of fact, at first I thought I got a faulty kit.

This will take some getting used to. I'm pretty glad I got the classic pen, though, it may look strange, but IMHO outperforms the EVO overall.

DAMNIT!

Yet ANOTHER post making me want to order a pen!

RAWR!

1228722506080.jpg

ed_bollix

ECF Veteran
Nov 28, 2008
Royal Oak, Michigan usa
I purchased 2 of the EVO kits (2 genie batteries) with an extra mighty atom each and the black starter kit in the last month or so. I had hoped that the EVO would be more reliable and that the battery life would free me from lugging every piece of hardware I own everywhere I go. I fear this was not the case. For an average day I would take 3 mighty atoms, one genie (only one that worked) and 2 complete EVO's with batteries installed with me. By the end of a day I have pretty much used everything I had with me. 3 of the genie batteries were defective right away. It took a while to figure out what was going on but the switch would stick, sometimes with the led on, sometimes with it off, and fry the atomizer. I stopped using these 3 batteries right away but it cost me 3 atomizers to figure it out.

Everything was pretty good for a while other then some seriously decreasing battery performance; I really would end up carrying all my parts around just like you do with a 901. Finally last night someone at the pub pointed out that there was a orange light on in my pocket and there was my only working genie, stuck on, frying my atomizer. I took my reaming black EVO, with the mighty atom, out and it immediately did the same freaking thing. Now I'm at the pub and I have just had complete catastrophic hardware failure. Of all the EVO stuff I purchased NONE of it is working though I do have 2 atomizers left but no batteries that I would trust. I'm glad I kept my 901's and have been using them all day with no problem. The EVO is smoother than the 901 and I like it better but I give up on the EVO technology.

I just ordered a bunch of 401's in a bulk buy and hopefully I will have better luck with the components... This was a expensive lesson learned. I either have really bad luck or Intellicig had some real quality problems with the most recent EVO's.

Oh yeah, and no reply to my email concerning the issues. I sent the first one... maybe 2 weeks ago, not sure. I guess I'll send it all back and see what happens. I think it has a 30 day warranty...

Last edited:

leftezi

ECF Veteran
Nov 1, 2008
Greece
e-kapnisma.gr
I purchased 2 of the EVO kits (2 genie batteries) with an extra mighty atom each and the black starter kit in the last month or so. I had hoped that the EVO would be more reliable and that the battery life would free me from lugging every piece of hardware I own everywhere I go. I fear this was not the case. For an average day I would take 3 mighty atoms, one genie (only one that worked) and 2 complete EVO's with batteries installed with me. By the end of a day I have pretty much used everything I had with me. 3 of the genie batteries were defective right away. It took a while to figure out what was going on but the switch would stick, sometimes with the led on, sometimes with it off, and fry the atomizer. I stopped using these 3 batteries right away but it cost me 3 atomizers to figure it out.

Everything was pretty good for a while other then some seriously decreasing battery performance; I really would end up carrying all my parts around just like you do with a 901. Finally last night someone at the pub pointed out that there was a orange light on in my pocket and there was my only working genie, stuck on, frying my atomizer. I took my reaming black EVO, with the mighty atom, out and it immediately did the same freaking thing. Now I'm at the pub and I have just had complete catastrophic hardware failure. Of all the EVO stuff I purchased NONE of it is working though I do have 2 atomizers left but no batteries that I would trust. I'm glad I kept my 901's and have been using them all day with no problem. The EVO is smoother than the 901 and I like it better but I give up on the EVO technology.

I just ordered a bunch of 401's in a bulk buy and hopefully I will have better luck with the components... This was a expensive lesson learned. I either have really bad luck or Intellicig had some real quality problems with the most recent EVO's.

Oh yeah, and no reply to my email concerning the issues. I sent the first one... maybe 2 weeks ago, not sure. I guess I'll send it all back and see what happens. I think it has a 30 day warranty...

The batteries are sound sensitive.
Read THIS
I am curious to see what will happen with the 401 batteries.
Let us know please.

ed_bollix

ECF Veteran
Nov 28, 2008
Royal Oak, Michigan usa
this explains a lot. i NEVER even considered it might be the sound level where I was. that really is interesting news. I was at a pub, close to the band when all my hardware went nuts... lighting up, frying my atomizer... very odd, but knowing this... Still shouldn't have fried the atomizer... I'm charging my betteries now and I'll have another go at it. I think you'll see a lot of post on ght 401 when the bulk order arrives in the States.

My Evo works like a monster.

And I just added some glycerine to the mix...holy screaming sh.t balls am I getting a heap of vapor. WOW.

:shock: you quack me up. Now i have to get me some glycerine..... Best endorsement I've read..... LOL

This is my first post. tee hee I'm a virgin poster here, i've been saving myself for the best.

Grandma Cas

ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
Chesham UK
www.womens-words.com
There seems to be many people with Evo battery problems on this thread so, thought I post this.

Just got my first Evo at 9.45am today. Started vaping at 10am. Very good vapour, good nic hit with high carts. It’s now 2.17pm I'm on my second cart (btw did not have to charge it first). Battery still going strong. Will update on how battery lasts.

Ok, Battery gave out at 3.30pm, 5hrs 30mins use. Changed to new one (I charged this one before use) still going strong as of now 11.20 pm, 7hrs 20mins. Going to bed now so, will carry on tomorrow.

Started vaping again 8.15am battery ran out 9.20am so lasted a total of aprox 8hrs

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread