Am I the only one finding the new Uwell Crown III underwhelming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike89

Apr 25, 2015
I had high hopes for this tank but after vaping on it, I just don't like it (not even a little bit). Something about the draw and resulting flavor that is just not to my liking. I disliked it so much that I cancelled an order I had placed on a couple packs of coils. Now it's sitting in a box with all the other vape stuff I've purchased in the past and ended up not liking. I had the same experience with the Baby Beast tank. Didn't like that one either (I bought 3 of those on impulse and ended up giving all 3 away). My vaping taste buds must be set in their ways (or I'm just really old) cause my favorite and daily vapes are still on an original Crown and the TFV4 and TFV4 mini. Tried a lot of others but nothing so far has agreed with me like those three. I don't even watch the bought and paid for youtube cronies anymore touting the latest and greatest. Don't need to suckered into buying more stuff I don't want or need. Too tired of watching xxx youtube vids of someone swearing this new ......... was the greatest thing since sliced bread and then when I got it, I wanted to go get a hard stale loaf of french bread and throw it and hit em in the head with it. Now that would make a good vid.

Last edited:
Sep 2, 2017
I have had my Crown III for about 2 months and it's great except I've noticed when my batteries on my Sigelei Kaos Spectrum gets to around 50% I have to take a really hard pull to get good vapor, but on my Smok Baby Beast or my Big Baby Beast I have no issues right up until batteries are almost dead. Has anyone else experienced this issue? I really like this tank, it gives great flavor, just wish I could use it longer!!!

Reactions: AnthonyB

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
I think I change my mind. That first coil I put in my Crown 3 is still going strong . It's the same coil I was using when I first created this thread.

It is definitely one of the best sub-ohm tanks out there. Despite what I said in my original post, I keep reaching for my Crown 3 even though I have 5 setups on average going at the same time, even though I have wonderful RTAs like the Serpent SMM, Reload RTA.

It never produces a dry hit, never leaks and always produces consistent vape.

Time for me has proven that the Crown 3 is a classic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jingles

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2011
Ohio
I think I change my mind. That first coil I put in my Crown 3 is still going strong . It's the same coil I was using when I first created this thread.

It is definitely one of the best sub-ohm tanks out there. Despite what I said in my original post, I keep reaching for my Crown 3 even though I have 5 setups on average going at the same time, even though I have wonderful RTAs like the Serpent SMM, Reload RTA.

It never produces a dry hit, never leaks and always produces consistent vape.

Time for me has proven that the Crown 3 is a classic.

I am curious as to whether you used the same juice in your Crown 3 all this time?

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
I am curious as to whether you used the same juice in your Crown 3 all this time?

I've used many different types of juices with this coil, the only coil I've used so far. It's lasted me 2 months or more. However I do have a rotation of 3 or 4 tanks but the Crown has gotten plenty of use.

Reactions: Jingles

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
I've lived by the original Crown after trying a ton and Crown has appeared to change the cotton they are using because the coils I just purchased are very disappointing. I have always used the same vendor and buy them in ten packs, the .25 kanthal and the .15 Ni, both have muted flavor and an off taste. I had one of the old coils left and did a side by side comparison and their new one's.....suck.

It's pretty disappointing, it's been my prebuilt go to tank since they came out, a bunch of years. Crown lost their focus and quality, one of the things that made their tanks a preferred choice for a lot of people..

JadidasKV

ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2016
Ya im not really a fan of the crown 3. My baby beast, tfv4, brit beast, vgod trick tank, hadaly (obviously) all have better flavor. Even the crown 2. I just got it 2 days ago, have about 7-9 refills on it, 4-5 dif juices, and im just not really feeling it. The flavor seems muted. Flavor is decent, but nothing in comparison to the tanks listed above. Crown 2 is the closest, but still better. The smok tanks blow the crown 3 out the water. Idk what it is, but it jus does something weird to the flavor. The airflow is a bit odd to me. Its not horrible, just odd. Idk. Over all, its quite a let down after seeing all the ranting and raving about how great this tank is. Not so much imo. I really wish i didnt waste the $35 on it and got something different. I really want a spirals plus, just can't find them anywhere except online, and i do most of my purchases in shops. Ive only tried the .25 so far, but idk, i dont have high expectations for the .5 coil. The air flow/draw and lack of flavor really just doesnt do it for me.

RedG

Oct 16, 2017
not sure if this is the place to post this... but has no one else had issues with the threads of the D1 leaking?? I have had 2 now and both of them leak liquid through the threads directly into the battery if you leave the tank on the device for.. I'd say 36 hours or longer. There seems to be no way to avoid it unless you periodically take the tank off and remove the bucket and wipe it all down. Anyone else experience this??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread