American Spirit Cigarette Tobacco Extration

Status
Not open for further replies.

randomhousegir

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2013
Riverton, Utah
I recently made an extraction from a pouch of the blue American Spirit rolling tobacco. I put it in a mason jar and barely covered it with about 80%PG and the rest cheap vodka I ran through a brita filter 10 times (we used to do this in my heavy partying days because it makes cheap vodka turn into really good vodka) and I let it sit for a month shaking it up once a day (I think that part was mostly because I am impatient and had to feel like I was doing something to help it out. There are also posts in here about ultrasonic cleaners and steep times that would help you because I have one now and it has really helped with steeping times).

I then boiled the mixture in the mason jar in some water for approx 3-5 minutes to help cook off as much remaining nic and alcohol as possible so my nic/ml ratio was accurate in mixing..... I have vaped it straight to taste it and it definately tastes like american spirit.... I have not steeped a juice with it though BUT I think that if I had done my mix with VG (so it was more smokey) or went 50/50 pg/vg (which is my prefered mix) in my original steeping solution with the alcohol that all I would need to do is add my nicotine and then fill to my appropriate level with the extract that it would have worked for what I wanted out of it.

The flavor is there and tastes correct....I just dont have much smoke but I guess that means I better get off my lazy duff and try mixing a bottle and steeping it haha

There are some good threads in here that are where I sourced my process from and I think if you look a little you will find what you need and be able to get that tobaccoo turned into a yummy extract

Hope that helps

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk 2

Knosis

ECF Veteran
Aug 26, 2013
CA
I did one with the organic tobacco.

I just used distilled water and let it soak for about a week. I'm trying to remember the exact ratios, but they may be a little off. I think I did about 60 ml of distilled water for about 8 grams of fresh wet tobacco. Let the tobacco dry out a little and then grind it up. I had to filter it 2 or 3 times to get all the particulate out.

It comes out smelling like wet tobacco. I found if I evaporate off about 1/2 - 2/3 of the remaining water under low heat(not boiling) then the flavor gets condensed and comes out much stronger. Loses the wet tobacco smell. I end up with maybe 5 to 8 ml of tobacco flavor. To mix in e-juice I only need a real low percentage like 1 to 2% and a good flavor comes through.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread