American Vaporator Company Chicago Pat. Appl’d for

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pocopear

Apr 14, 2020
upload_2020-4-14_13-20-17.jpeg

Hey all. I’m new here and this is my first post! My reason for joining was this-I found this interesting item while looking through some trash in the woods. It isn’t anything I have seen before and have been unable to find any information on it. It is stamped with the words American Vaporator Company Chicago Pat. Appl’d For. It is sure a cool find whatever it is! So I was wondering if anyone out there knows what the history of this unique find is. Thanks for any and all help or comments. Have a great day. Poco.

Attachments

• upload_2020-4-14_13-17-6.jpeg
    upload_2020-4-14_13-17-6.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 5

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Data from worthpoint, taken from ebay...
    Vintage Antique AMERICAN VAPORATOR TREATMENT Tin with Dropper & Device Medicine | #505654037

This is a unique vintage/antique medicinal kit from The American Vaporator Company of Chicago, IL, for the treatment of "Catarrh, colds and asthma, hay fever and other affectations of the mucous membranes and air passages". The kit, as offered in this listing, consists of a tin container, a "vaporator" with lid made of an older type of black plastic, a cork sealed vial/bottle of Nasal Lenitive with some contents still present (NOT FOR ACTUAL USE OF ANY KIND), and a dropper. The tin measures about 5" x 3.25". Vaporator with lid on measures about 3 & 7/8" tall. CONDITION USED - VINTAGE/ANTIQUE WITH WEAR AND FLAWS All items included in this kit show their age. Tin has discoloration, lots of marks, a bit of rust, and dents. Bottle has residue on the age darkened label. Bulb of dropper is torn and hardened. Vaporator, itself, appears to be in good condition with some use scratches, aged look to the plastic as you would expect. I have no idea if it's in "working" condition. It still has a menthol odor on the interior. inkfrog terapeak inkFrog Analytics

Pocopear

Apr 14, 2020
    ooooh that's cool I am a big believer in patent medicines and I happen to think if life were fair they would get a cut of every eight ball.

How can you not love medicine and its origins, LOL.
    Anna

Hey Anna! I thought it was pretty cool too. When I found it I really was stupefied as to what it was.

Reactions: stols001

Pocopear

Apr 14, 2020
    View attachment 879831
    Hey all. I’m new here and this is my first post! My reason for joining was this-I found this interesting item while looking through some trash in the woods. It isn’t anything I have seen before and have been unable to find any information on it. It is stamped with the words American Vaporator Company Chicago Pat. Appl’d For. It is sure a cool find whatever it is! So I was wondering if anyone out there knows what the history of this unique find is. Thanks for any and all help or comments. Have a great day. Poco.
    Does that have mini USB or type C? I hate those mini's!
    None of the above. I don’t know how it worked actually. Still trying to find more information on it. Poco.

Reactions: stols001
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread