Ammit MTL RDA leaking through 510 connector.

Status
Not open for further replies.

smacuser

Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    I received a new unopened Ammit MTL rda last week, and while switching batteries, I saw that juice was leaking through the 510 connection. I am using this as a dripper. I took the pin out and don't really see any gaskets or o-rings, nor do I see any gaskets or o-ring in the spare parts bag.

Any ideas why this is happening? Thanks.

Last edited:

P3ch3

ECF Veteran
    Jan 31, 2019
    I received a new unopened Ammit MTL RDA last week, and while switching batteries, I saw that juice was leaking through the 510 connection. I am using this as a dripper. I took the pin out and don't really see any gaskets or o-rings, nor do I see any gaskets or o-ring in the spare parts bag.

Any ideas why this is happening? Thanks.
    did ya checked the positive pin, is adjustable... is a 2 part pin?
    have you already tried to take it all apart and assemble back? and try?

Reactions: smacuser

smacuser

Total Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    did ya checked the positive pin, is adjustable... is a 2 part pin? have you already tried to take it all apart and assemble back? and try?
    I kind of shelved it while looking for obvious answers. I plan on completely tearing it down tonight.

Sitting here at work, with the RDA at home, I'm imagining the positive pin is the one fixed to the non removable part of the deck that comes in contact with the 510 pin.

Since I'm using this as a dripper, I was thinking I was dripping straight onto the 510 pin which doesn't appear to be sealed in any way.

Thanks for the reply and I'll let you know what I find. :thumbs:

Reactions: P3ch3

smacuser

Total Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    The squonking 510 pin on that RDA has holes in the side of the post, it doesn't go straight through the pin.
    Is the installed 510 pin a Phillips or Slotted? The Phillips is the squonk pin.
    I checked, the squonk pin is not being used.

P3ch3

ECF Veteran
    Jan 31, 2019
    I kind of shelved it while looking for obvious answers. I plan on completely tearing it down tonight.

Sitting here at work, with the RDA at home, I'm imagining the positive pin is the one fixed to the non removable part of the deck that comes in contact with the 510 pin.

Since I'm using this as a dripper, I was thinking I was dripping straight onto the 510 pin which doesn't appear to be sealed in any way.

Thanks for the reply and I'll let you know what I find. :thumbs:
    great!
    Let us know, most of the ammit RDAmtl i have seen comes with the squonk pin installed, you stated yours dont have it, so might be a positive pin not tighten correctly, as others stated you could solve it with a mini o-ring, or well, ask for a refund / replacement,

i do own and use the RTA mtl version of ammit, i did lost my original positive pin, Geekvape sent me a replacement with some items to review!

if pretty lazy to RMa you could try other pin or o-ring from other atty...

Regards

Reactions: smacuser
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread