An eGo-T users rant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Up1tree

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2009
SoCal, USA
In hours of reading threads I have learned we all don't have the same preferences as others whether it be pvs or juices. That's why I try to be fair and tell you what I have found that I like, rather than what I don't like. because in the end it's all just my opinion. It may not reflect how others feel. :D

Sunray

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2011
Tiger Town, Ala
Call me lucky if you like, both of my type A tanks from my original kit are still firing vapor and also my B type tank is giving me good flavor. I very seldom use my LR atty (depends on the juice) but I do use and enjoy the Turbine tank which also give better taste than the type A. I have experience no leaks on any of my tanks (4) and have developed the correct draw to avoid juice in my mouth. I did purchase some of the new echo-e carto last month to try and they are good. Yes, the ego-t is very versatile and somewhere in there a sweet spot may be found for some of us.

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
Just want to clarify: I don't think the eGo-T is the best thing since pv's (better than sliced bread for the hardcore smoker, I think). It has it's place, and does what it does. Though the T works just fine for me personally, I'm saving up for an awesome mod (the reward for not spending all that cash on those nasty ciggies!).

The issue was just with people who seemed put off by the T, and when others wanted some help with the thing, they weren't really too helpful, that's all.

I'm sure I offended some, but that's life. And, to be clear (and as I've posted elsewhere, and stand by) this forum is AWESOME; one of, if not the best, forums on the web, for all the aspects of the vaping community which are covered, discussed, fought over, &c. You can learn more, more quickly, haunting this forum than you could in a college course on the subject. And the people are great. And it's great when you first start vaping, and you've yet to convert some vaping buddies, to keep on point, and not give up just 'cause something's awry with your set-up.

p.s. @tmcase: I used to ride I-5, and 16 from Bremerton out to Tacoma: Careful, 'cause people will not be looking for you-- you gotta come to expect that, and be prepared, and not be caught off guard and surprised when you get run off the road. Keep the rubber side down :2cool:

Thanks for the good advice. I'm learning that as I go. So far so good. I haven't ridden on the freeway yet because I like back roads. Not so many cars out there and more fun curves. :)

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
MasonD - thats fair enough. I don't think people realise that they're not always being helpful when their solution to something is....scrap what you're trying to do and get one of these.
It can be frustrating and lead to 'rants'. But hey ...we forgive you....lol

Will someone google the 'Triumph Hurricane' and confirm to me what am awesome looking bike it is ?....thank you.

I already did and it is an awesome bike. You know we are going to get slapped for being off topic. Oh well. :toast:

aresius

Jun 20, 2011
Brazil
I agree with OP.
I started a post telling my experience in my 1st month vaping, and asked for anny advice relating my ego-t, I even stated that I didnt want to buy new hardware so soon and even so got responses about cartos and other pv.
So since I already ressurected my post a few times without anny luck I will try here cause this thread seems to be popular =)
So far I didnt had anny leaking problems or burn/plastic taste, I have an joye ego-t starter kit from health cabin and I mostly use red mix 36mg juice from health cabin. I also have mint, coffe and capuccino juices.
I didnt bought a siringe yet and still I dont have anny problems refilling, I just find to be a pain to open the tank but thats ok.
I'm only using 1 atty until now, cause I didnt got spare parts and just have the starter kit so when this one dies I will know its time to get more spare ones.
I have a few questions and would apreciate anny advice.

1- What spare parts I need? I know attys dye eventualy, and seems good to have more tanks, I intend to buy 5 attys and 10 tanks, do I need more bateryes too? What about the usb recharger and adapter should a get a spare one too?

2- About the attys I should buy regular ones or LR?

3- About cleaning, when should I clean my atty? I should just drop it in a hot water cup? What about the tanks? I see that the juice inside the tank gets darker in the end and if I keep refilling the same tank several times the juice gets darker every time since its mixing with that darker thats still in the tank.

4- Theres anny advice to increase the flavour? This is my first pv so I'm not really sure if my flavour is weak or not, I do taste the diference between my juices but from reviews I readed I expected more.

I love this forum, and I'm really enjoying my vaping experience so far.
Also since I cant send pms cause I'm new I will post my msn here, so if anyone is interested in helping a newb here it goes:
felipe@affarisistemas.com.br

labgramma

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2011
Denver, CO
www.ccrengines.com
I agree with OP.
I started a post telling my experience in my 1st month vaping, and asked for anny advice relating my ego-t, I even stated that I didnt want to buy new hardware so soon and even so got responses about cartos and other pv.
So since I already ressurected my post a few times without anny luck I will try here cause this thread seems to be popular =)
So far I didnt had anny leaking problems or burn/plastic taste, I have an joye ego-t starter kit from health cabin and I mostly use red mix 36mg juice from health cabin. I also have mint, coffe and capuccino juices.
I didnt bought a siringe yet and still I dont have anny problems refilling, I just find to be a pain to open the tank but thats ok.
I'm only using 1 atty until now, cause I didnt got spare parts and just have the starter kit so when this one dies I will know its time to get more spare ones.
I have a few questions and would apreciate anny advice.

1- What spare parts I need? I know attys dye eventualy, and seems good to have more tanks, I intend to buy 5 attys and 10 tanks, do I need more bateryes too? What about the usb recharger and adapter should a get a spare one too?

In my experience, you should have spares of everything. 2-4 batteries, rotating in use. A spare USB charger just in case.

2- About the attys I should buy regular ones or LR?

I prefer regular. LR use up batteries more quickly. It's just a matter of personal preference.

3- About cleaning, when should I clean my atty? I should just drop it in a hot water cup? What about the tanks? I see that the juice inside the tank gets darker in the end and if I keep refilling the same tank several times the juice gets darker every time since its mixing with that darker thats still in the tank.

Doing any more cleaning than blowing them out and some dry burns may cause more damage. The one time I did that kind of cleaning, I used vodka. They were spiffy clean, but they didn't work any better than before I cleaned them. Now cleaning tanks in hot water works just great.

4- Theres anny advice to increase the flavour? This is my first pv so I'm not really sure if my flavour is weak or not, I do taste the diference between my juices but from reviews I readed I expected more.

Order double flavor, or mix something else in to increase it.

I love this forum, and I'm really enjoying my vaping experience so far.
Also since I cant send pms cause I'm new I will post my msn here, so if anyone is interested in helping a newb here it goes:
felipe@affarisistemas.com.br

Good luck!

swedishfish

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2010
NJ
I use the eGo-T, and find it works just fine.

:grr:[rant]:glare:

Every time someone posts a question about the eGo-T, the first few posts, and then scattered throughout the thread, are some variation of 'go buy something else'-- particularly to go buy cartos.

Hey-- I'm having trouble partitioning my hard-drive, any thoughts? 'yeah, go buy a Mac'

Hey-- my espresso machine isn't producing the steam it used to; should I go get new nozzles, or is there a way to clean them? 'yeah, go buy a regular coffee machine'

Hey-- having a bit of trouble with my radiator, how should I troubleshoot? 'yeah, go get a new engine'

While getting a pack of cartos isn't as expensive as these examples, the principle is the same, and the suggestion is about as useful as posting "first!" in the thread. Usually, when people post questions about the eGo-T, they're looking for some help, to solve the problem; not all of us have cash to just up and buy a bunch of cartos, added to the money just spent on the tank system, which we would just be throwing away (or hopefully, posting on the classifieds for sale, here...). Some people are honestly trying to make the tank system work by *gasp* choice! Some people actually want to use the tank, they're just running into the peculiarities of the system. When these problems are figured out, the eGo-T is a reliable pv.

I think the eGo-T is just fine for noobs-- with the caveat that you have to have confidence in your ability to fiddle around with something a little bit; not everyone does. I'm not just saying this just because I went with the eGo-T as a noob. There's a learning curve involved with any system, it seems, and carts are no different: over-filling with the juice in the mouth, underfilling and burning them leading to the nasty taste that hangs in the filler for a while, cleaning them and drying them properly. I will admit, there is some fiddling around to bring the eGo-T up to adequacy-- basically, it's the wick mod (much thanks to simple CJ :thumb:). Once you have that down (I find using far less ptb, and not having it be too tight, is key...), then you've learned everything there is to learn about the eGo-T (extracting and replacing the wick-plate is the main thing, so that you can dry-burn properly-- at that point, you can even drip, if you want), and can settle in with a reliable-- flavorful-- pv. The eGo-T probably isn't as flavorful as cartos or dripping a standard atty, but a bulk of that is the stock wick; when you replace it, you get much more flavor at stock resistance.

Hopefully, people do their research if they're on their own for getting their first pv, or have a vaping buddy to help them along. And often, even that isn't enough, which is evident in the fact that most of us (judging from posts... maybe there ought to be a poll on this...) got an anny-sized battery-dance-in-a-box sort of pv to start with, against all reason and advice :facepalm:. This is to say that, though there's probably a few people out there who totally bought the eGo-T on a whim with minimal research, the bulk of the people, I imagine, did some sort of leg-work before settling on the decision to get the T. So, when we post questions, we're usually looking for help, not a sales-pitch. Hopefully, one of the reasons people get the eGo-T is precisely because it allows the freedom to switch up what goes on top of the eGo battery-- that versatility is why the eGo seems to be a good system for noobs: you can figure out how you want to vape. But, for someone who decided to get the T, out of desire for it, and is running into the troubles that all T users run into, the advice to just buy something else just isn't very useful. There are enough of us around, now, who have gone through the learning curve on the T, that can actually give *gasp* helpful advice!

Almost done ranting, I promise;

One or two of the ol' carto sales-pitch is okay: maybe the op really doesn't know that cartos exist for the eGo. Sounds unlikely, but let's give that the benefit of the doubt. But, come on now! Often there's a sub-thread started in the original thread by, I imagine, people who were jaded or something, maybe by the hype around the tank system when it first came out. We all know how that goes: just look at our President. But, if someone has a problem to solve, which is actually solvable-- perhaps unbeknownst to y'all who expected a 'plug-and-play' pv, and didn't take the time to figure out how to get it into shape-- let us try to solve the problem. That's one of the missions of this forum, isn't it? I know I wouldn't've been able to quit annys with such ease, if at all, without it (it's been well over a week with no annys, and I don't even want 'em: vapor-production is far too weak!:lol: Hence, the detox phase; hence: rant.). If the op figures out that the eGo-T is too much work to figure out (I will freely admit that there is some fiddling to get it totally reliable, and some people don't like to take things apart, which is just fine), then, yes, do go get some cartos. But, it's not very helpful to have that be the first suggestion right of the bat, and then the second, and then the third: the 'go get cartos' zombies at work :facepalm:... and then the 7th, with the 8th through the 11th being a discussion about the newest, hottest carto on the market, followed by discussion about personal faves. Maybe the op just needed to fill the tank a little less than totally full, so it wicks properly from the get go-- or needed to take a few primer puffs without activating the battery, to get the wicking action going after changing tanks, ya know?

The eGo-T isn't for everyone, but just because it wasn't for you, doesn't mean that it's not bread-an’-butter for others.

Just sayin'

:vapor:[/rant]:pop:

p.s. I've read of some people using the wick from ce2's for the wick mod; kinda' wonder how well that works...

A lot of the glowing reviews on the tank system are from people vaping a few weeks to a few months. I fell for it too when it came out and bought one. Once they were on the market longer, and more people were using them for a greater length of time all the complaints began to come in. If you don't believe me, do a board search for ego Tank.

If a new person comes here asking for advice, don't we owe it to them to give our personal opinion based on our knowledge and experience using the device?

As far as getting the device to work, people don't answer because they can't get it to work. I had one atty that I took apart, I sent to Vicky and she took it apart and it didn't work. It wasn't a dead atty but no amount of fooling with the wick fixed it. Now should I advise people based on my experience to go out and get another atty for $15 and $5 for tanks and there's still no guarantee it'll work any better, or tell them buy a $7 box of cartomizers. If they're so frustrated with the thing that they're ready to go back to smoking, I'd suggest they get a box of cartomizers.

Last edited:

aresius

Jun 20, 2011
Brazil
That was a really quick response, ty for the info, I was seriusly thinking about cleaning my atty with water, wont do that anymore =).
I also was thinking about just buying attys and tanks, now I will buy everything.

Just one more question, whats the diference between regular and LR attys?
I readed that LR gives better taste, its true? How much quickly it will use the batery? About twice as fast as a regular?
Cause if I will have a few spare bateryes I dont mind having to recharge more often if this will give a better taste.

doris

Jun 5, 2009
Hi, I just (3 days ago) received an EGO-T starter kit from EGO-T - IN STOCK! - EGO-T 1100mAh Starter Kit - Electronic Cigarette | Electronic Cigarettes | E-Cigarettes | E-Cigs from Smoore

I had been dripping a 510 AbsoluteMaxx & was getting fed up with dripping. My first impressions are love at first vape. No bad, taste, no leaking. The first time I filled a tank I did get that sizzling, gurgling noise but gone with subsequent refills. I'm getting more vapor than the 510. However, I learned on Youtube that you must correctly align the tank cartridge when inserting it into the atomizer. Line up the flat spots. Not in the manual.

I thought I'd give this a try before going the cartomizer route. I don't know anything about the tank products sold elsewhere but if the batteries & atomizers have the same life that I'm used to I'll be stocking up.

BTW I've been dealing with Absolute for a couple of years & highly recommend. Very quick replies to email questions. Shipping from China is $15 & I always receive my package (NH, USA) in 7 business days like clockwork. No affiliation just a happy customer.

I was very worried about buying the EGO-T. Good & bad reviews but the convenience prompted me at least to try.

jameth

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2011
Southern Utah
I bought a Tornado Tank (TW ego-t) back in january, kit came with two attys, and I bought 3 more just to have on hand as well.

To this day not a single one has failed, they all still produce good vapor, and I have not had any leaks, outside of a build of of condensation in the vapor channels, which is minimal and doesn't happen if you just pull the tank out once and a while and wipe it down.

I am on the same attys, and the same 5 tanks for 5+ months, I never clean them other then blowing them out after every couple tank loads.

I just don't understand how I have had such good fortune with these, and so many other people have had so many issues, it boggles my mind really!

Ah well, *sucks on tornado tank with some 555 from FSUSA*

swedishfish

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2010
NJ
That was a really quick response, ty for the info, I was seriusly thinking about cleaning my atty with water, wont do that anymore =).
I also was thinking about just buying attys and tanks, now I will buy everything.

Just one more question, whats the diference between regular and LR attys?
I readed that LR gives better taste, its true? How much quickly it will use the batery? About twice as fast as a regular?

Cause if I will have a few spare bateryes I dont mind having to recharge more often if this will give a better taste.

I've never tried the LR so I don't know the answer. It's worth a try but have a backup if it doesn't work. When my tank worked, I loved it, I really did. If they all worked like my very first tank I'd still be using them. At some point I may try the LR atty too. I get really frustrated when something isn't working right and I can't fix it. I hope they improve the tank because I'd definitely go back to using it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread