Status
Not open for further replies.

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
Who Needs Legislation? Dems Want To Extend Tobacco Settlement To E-Cigarettes - Forbes

I like the writer.....he presents a very clear picture of what is really behind ecig legislation...besides the obvious....ignorance and hysteria.

I'm sure this is posted elsewhere at ECF but it can't hurt

to post it again.............BMC Public Health | Full text | Peering through the mist: systematic review of what the chemistry of contaminants in electronic cigarettes tells us about health risks

It seemed like a good study....but I have a few issues with it. One...at first I thought it was a real, scientific study that was going to present newly obtained information from physical experiments.. It's not. While admitedly an extraordinary piece fo work it is a compilation and comparison of studies already done. I find it interesting that on one hand the study points out how flawed much of the existing ecig studies have been yet at the same time are able to use those same studies to come to conclusions that are coincidentally completely in line with CASAA ideology. Couple that with the fact that the information they were studying was provided to them by CASAA....it becomes sadly much less impartial. The second problem I have is that no where do I see them ever identify exactly what eliquid was used or where they got it. And maybe a CASAA member can address this if they don't mind posting in the SmokeStik forum.....where did they get the eliquid they were using???? I admit I did not read it word for butword I did not see any mention of where the liquid actually came from...I think that is rather important isn't it? Maybe that information was in one of the attached documents which I did not have time to look...so I eagerly await a reply.

If you think my opinions are contrary to the fact that I myself am a vaper and a modder that isn't the case. What I want is the truth, uncolored by ANYONES political agenda.

CES

optimistic cynic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2010
Birmingham, Al
So, wasn't this an analysis of all of the available studies to date?

I don't think the author did any direct testing, but went through in detail of all the papers. Papers included studies that were spun as both pro and anti-vaping.

CASAA provided the funding to do the literature analysis, but didn't provide any liquid for testing

Constantine Farsalinos has been raising crowd-sourced funding to do a major analysis of of e-liquids and vapor. It'll be interesting to see what happens with that one. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread