An old, new lurker getting back in the game. Future...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jangofett

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 7, 2009
Florida
Atomic Cinnacide, Blue Bulls, and German Chocolate Cake are my favorites. Blue Bulls is kind of subtle. Atomic Cinnacide makes me feel like I'm drinking a mouthful of warm cider or something, it's very interesting. It's the most intense flavor I've experienced.

EDIT: Another note about A/C, I take very slow, long, huge drags of the stuff and every once in a while it feels like it almost knocks the wind out of me. Powerful, powerful stuff. I love it though. Last night I blew out a carto and got a small bit of it in my eye. I recommend you try to avoid this if at all possible.

Last edited:
ShannonA/Brutus: That's one thing I guess I forgot to mention....the reason I never posted.

Like a lot of folk, I came here for knowledge and didn't really think I had much experience to share....especially considering the other people here. Seems like every poster is an expert, and I'd hate to admit that most of the times, I'm stumbling through, googling like mad, trying to figure out what people are talking about. All the million models, the different carts and add-ons. Mostly I buy something because it seems like it works, but there are always mixed reviews and it's never a sure shot, you just have to put your money out there and hope.

I guess after awhile, though, I figured I had enough real world reviewing experience to MAYBE contribute to some discussion, even though I'll admit many of my vapes are a little "dated". I'm looking forward to trying out some cartomizers, which I've never done before, (ordered some Echo-E cartos from Cropduster...doesn't say they fit my 900 mAh batteries, but don't know why they wouldn't. Still, will have to figure out how to fill them when the time comes.) and I'll have the JETS system to try out, too, along with a smattering of new liquids, and I hope my financial risks may benefit others. My greatest hope would be that they all work so incredibly badass I can recommend them all.

Also, been looking at the Go-Go, since people are all hot about that, but not sure how much difference there is between that and the eGo Tank...? Or why people put both of them on giant batts with greater voltage output. Also wondering what the deal with the Vortex carts is and if they're better/worth it. Just so many "variants" hard to know when to stop and start.

I made a separate thread, but I'll post this here, too, for those who were originally following:

Equipment: I ordered my kit from Electronic Cigz, and I know I paid a premium for it, but I wanted the XL Janty Ego Tank System (with 900 mAh batts) and they were the only people I could find selling it. I figured I owed it to Janty, what with the Kissbox and all, even if it is just the name stamped on the thing, but they were sold out on their website. However, from Janty USA, I got two LR Tank Attys, some black tank carts, a cartomizer and their PCC. Additionally, I placed an order with Liberty Flights, where I decided on a steel 1100 mAh T-Rex Batt, a steel LR Atty (I'm a sucker for "accessorizing"), and some extra clear tank carts. From Cropduster, I got three of his dual-coil Echo-E cartomizers. From Clouds of Vapor, I got a 3.2 ohm mini-MAP tank.

Juice: Of all the juice I ordered first time around, VS Vapor had some of the best, so I gave them a reorder with Seattle, Cherry Almond, Phoenix and Frost (my favorite). They were out of Café Sumatra, which I highly recommend. Based on some recommendations I read here, I also ordered Kretek, Black Licorice, Spiced Rum, Café Macciato and Atomic Cinnicide from Tasty Vapor. From Backwoods Brew, Espresso, Malty Toffee and Caramel Cappuccino.

On to vendor review. I received everything I ordered from everyone, except I can't give Electronic Cigz high marks, because they really boned me. The sent my order to my billing address instead of my shipping address, even though the confirmation email which stated it shipped listed the correct destination, which meant I was unable to catch it until it was too late. This is a serious problem for me, since I'm currently in Afghanistan. To make matters worse, they did not respond to emails concerning the issue. This is partially why I double-tap so that I have no single point of failure, and I cannot rain higher praise down upon Liberty Flights than I'm about to.

My entire experience with them has been fantastic. From the 20% discount, to the paid reviews of products, to the ultra-fast shipping (ordered last, arrived before some of the others), the convenience of PayPal and the great products, they're just awesome. Only complaint I have is that they need more pictures of their products, but that is kind of nit-picky, given their detailed descriptions. And this Mega T-Rex battery is a BEAUTY (green light ring = win) with a MONSTER life-span (I've used it up to two days, never killed it yet), which I need, since I'm without my starter-kit.

Which leads me to the PCC from Janty. I love this thing. Yes, some may say with these giant batts you don't need one, but in my situation, it's a necessity. I also don't have my charger, so the PCC works in place of one, and can charge large batts almost twice. If I'm away from power for days, "camping" let's say, I have a back-up when my batts run dry. Given everything is charged fully when I leave, if I'm apart from the world for almost a week, I "should" still be able to vape. Worst thing I can say about the PCC is that they should have put a light to notify when your battery is fully-charged...they have one to tell you when the PCC is, so it's boneheaded that they didn't.

I don't have my Clouds of Vapor order or my MAP, but I can't blame that on them, since I ordered it a week after everything else. All I can say is that I hope they put more stripped CE2s on their website, because I am NOT a modder and I have ZERO desire to do that when this thing burns out.

I gotta show cropduster some love, here, too. He even sent me an extra cartomizer. However, I must have misread what I was ordering, because they are NOT the eGo cartos. I don't know what I ordered, but it's here. I think I need the conversion kit (Good Lord, that white spacer is fugly), but I don't know how much I want to spend the $20 bucks right now, because.....

I HATE CARTOMIZERS. I bought them because I saw a vocal minority who raved at how much "better" they were than the tank. For the most part, I'm getting just as much flavor from the tanks, and the flavor is "cleaner" than cartos. Cartos have the EXACT same problem cartridges did....you can taste the filler. MAYBE the dual-coil solves this problem, but I have little hopes for me ever being satisfied by a carto vape. I understand the convenience, but when it takes three drags to change a flavor in the tank, I'll just pack a few extra T-carts.

As for the tanks, I'm in love with them. I have had ZERO problems thus far. I could possibly think it's luck, or maybe I adopted later and got newer versions of attys/carts, but I think it's more the fact that I SPENT THE TIME and read that entire eGo-T thread. I paid attention, and followed the advice of others. For those who are lazy, I'll help you out: Puncture the tank empty. Rotate 360 degrees. Pull out. Fill with syringe, do not take the top off. Blow LIGHTLY on the atty, clear primer. Drop two to three drops in the hole in the battery end and let the juice absorb into the coil. Wipe away excess. Drop two to three drops on the wick using your syringe. Line up the air vents with the spacers on the needle plate. Insert. Take two to three primer puffs. Let sit 10-15 minutes. Use. Like I said, following these instructions, I've had zero problems and have not had to mess with the wick at all. One thing I do that I'm not sure I really read was I always continue my inhale at least one to two seconds after I turn off the coil to suck out all leftover vapor AND prime the tank for my next hit. Overall, this is what I'd hoped vaping would be over two years ago and wasn't. I leave them upright overnight. Only leak I've had was when I knocked over an atty with a cart filled about 1/3 of the way in the middle of the night and it laid there until morning. Must have been a bad dream that made me jerk my arm and knock it over....

The only real problem I've had with the tanks is the fact that some of the flavor seems to taste burnt (not atty-dry burnt, just burnt), and only some flavors like my caramel cappuccino, cafe macciato and malty toffee, which still taste great on the Kissbox. I think this is due to the fact that, once again, I don't have my starter kit, and I'm forced to use LR Attys exclusively, because that's all I have. I believe there are particular flavors that will taste better on a regular Atty while some taste better on an LR, which is why I wanted both.

Now, onto a juice review, which some may find useless, since it's a taste preference thing, anyway. I'm a flavor guy. My primary mission is to find the best flavor and the "I will kick you in the teeth" juice. We may all hate cigarettes, which is fine, which is good, but say what you will, cigarettes had FLAVOR and we liked it at the time.

Tasty Vapor: Kretek tastes good, but more spicy than clove. I had a Djarum from Vapor Station from way back in the day that was spot-on compared to this, but Kretek does grow on you, and it tasted more clove-like as the day went on. I'm wondering if aging this a bit may dampen the cinnamon and spiciness. Black Licorice is not as strong as I'd hoped. I'm a black licorice fiend, and while this is passable, it's just not powerful enough for me. Regardless, I'll end up vaping it all. Café Macciato, like I said, tastes burnt, but great in my Kissbox, so I'm hoping the regular atty will fix this one. Spiced Rum smells just like it should taste, but tastes like regular old bubble gum. I'm hoping age or a regular atty fixes it. Cinnacide....given this is notorious as an atty-killer, I still haven't had the balls to try it yet. I'm thinking about giving it a go once one of my attys seems to be dying the slow death.

Vapor Station: Frost is as good as it ever was. I use it primarily to mix with other flavors to add a mint hint to it, but definitely vapable by itself, too. However, when I want to vape mint, Seattle is now my go-to. It's more like a menthol cigarette than anything else I've ever tried, and it's a thing of beauty. Cherry Almond tasted like heaven in my Kissbox, so I filled a cartomizer with it (yes, I filled it correctly, after watching this vid and many others), where it's very, very blah, being overpowered by filler. Haven't tried it in the T yet, as I think it would benefit from a regular atomizer. Phoenix is what I would expect from a pipe tobacco ejuice...kind of like a pipe, but not really, with a tamer flavor. Not bad, however.

Backwoods Brew: All are delicious on the Kissbox, but burning up in the eGo-T, except for the Espresso, which rocks like a champion, but I'm not using it for fear it may gunk up my atty worse than I'm already doing by vaping my standard darkness.

In summation: The eGo is amazing. Love the tanks, hate the cartos, looking forward to trying the MAP. I should also note, that since I'm stuck with all LR attys, I have not tried the Type-B tank, but I plan to. I'm also planning on getting the 510-T at some point, too, but while initially motivated to go out and buy-buy-buy, that desire has subsided somewhat due to the fact I am almost completely satisfied with my vaping experience as it stands right now. I feel that I could almost convert anyone away from cigarettes due to its simplicity, but then I recall the supreme laziness of the public at large. The beauty of the eGo, and ironically, also what I think may be one of its biggest disadvantages, is the fact that it is so COMPLETELY versatile. There are so many variations on its use that it boggles my mind that I or anyone could survive in the vaping world without one, but if you would have asked me my thoughts a month ago when I was trying to make orders for it, I would have asked you how in the f#(< people could figure out what goes with what, evidenced by the fact that I ordered the wrong cartos from Cropduster.

Bottom line: If you don't have one, get one. If you don't like your eGo setup, you haven't wasted your money, there's about a half a dozen more attachments you can try out. Even if you like those awful cartomizers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread