And another "for the children" story

Status
Not open for further replies.

VapApe

ECF Veteran
Apr 6, 2011
Ohio
I would like to see these adds that are marketing to minors. Were the heck are they?
I have looked high and low and cant find any. If having many flavors is marketing to minors, then we should pull all the flavored alcoholic beverages from the shelves to protect the children.

We need to start calling them out when they make a claim they cant back up.
Off my rant box now ;)

Ande

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2011
Korea
On my way home from work yesterday, I happened to stop by an "adult products" store (valentine's day approaches.)

If all products with sweet or candy flavors are for children, then there are some sick .......s out there.

Seriously- I happen to vape tobacco flavors, mostly, but in spite of being an actual adult, with jobs, receding hairline, wrinkles, bills, and the whole adult deal, I LOVE CHOCOLATE.

Why is this so hard for antiz to understand??

Ande

ByStander1

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2011
West Virginia
If, however, I wanted to market to kids, I'd do the following:
  • Have price-points low enough for the average kid's pocketbook [FDA applying Chapter IX will keep these, and little else, on the market]
  • Mention something about "sales to children," "danger to children," "horrors of nicotine addiction" in every newspaper, television, etc interview possible [every non-profit and government agency does this "for the sake of the children" without fail]
  • Ban underage sale

Seriously, we all know kids hit the floor with one thought on their minds each day: "Now, how can I please my parents today?" ...yeah, right. If yours do this, it really is illegal to keep them locked in a cage. [Trying to escape captivity is the only scenario I can come up with where this mindset might exist.] If your local elementary banned red crayons, what do you think would happen? :closedeyes:

BoiseMike

ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2009
Boise, ID USA
PS- I support reasonable measures to keep these things out of the hands of children. But as there's no evidence, nor any reason to even suspect, that children are even vaguely interested in ecigarettes, it doesn't make sense to waste a lot of a legislative body's time over it.

I don't think they'll waste much time over it. Only 2 seconds to think, "Hey, ban something? I'm for it!" and they'll have a unanimous vote. Then on to more freedom restricting legislation. I think they spent maybe 3 seconds banning the evil "Spice", for everyone. Not just minors.
Honestly, the only part that bothers me is the restrictions on internet sales which would affect the few online sellers we have in the state. Otherwise it just brings their sale in line with tobacco products.
Sadly, it's no longer the Idaho I moved to in '97. Sometimes I wonder if I'll have to move to Wyoming someday to get away from the nanny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread