The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

And another "for the children" story

Discussion in 'Media and General News' started by knobbysmoo, Jan 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. knobbysmoo

knobbysmoo Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 1, 2011
    North Texas
  2. Petrodus

Petrodus Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Oct 12, 2010
    Midwest
    Rep. John Rusche, D-Lewiston, a retired physician, said,
    “There’s no reason to suspect that nicotine delivered by a mist
    is any different than nicotine delivered via cigarette smoke. …
    I guess my question is, why are we allowing sales of these at all

3. VapApe

VapApe Super Member ECF Veteran

Apr 6, 2011
    Ohio
    I would like to see these adds that are marketing to minors. Were the heck are they?
    I have looked high and low and cant find any. If having many flavors is marketing to minors, then we should pull all the flavored alcoholic beverages from the shelves to protect the children.

We need to start calling them out when they make a claim they cant back up.
    Off my rant box now ;)

4. Petrodus

Petrodus Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Oct 12, 2010
    Midwest
    I think my signature pretty much sums it up :2cool:

5. Ande

Ande Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 27, 2011
    Korea
    On my way home from work yesterday, I happened to stop by an "adult products" store (valentine's day approaches.)

If all products with sweet or candy flavors are for children, then there are some sick .......s out there.

Seriously- I happen to vape tobacco flavors, mostly, but in spite of being an actual adult, with jobs, receding hairline, wrinkles, bills, and the whole adult deal, I LOVE CHOCOLATE.

Why is this so hard for antiz to understand??

Ande

6. Ande

Ande Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 27, 2011
    Korea
    PS- I support reasonable measures to keep these things out of the hands of children. But as there's no evidence, nor any reason to even suspect, that children are even vaguely interested in ecigarettes, it doesn't make sense to waste a lot of a legislative body's time over it.

7. ByStander1

ByStander1 Super Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Feb 3, 2011
    West Virginia
    If, however, I wanted to market to kids, I'd do the following:
    • Have price-points low enough for the average kid's pocketbook [FDA applying Chapter IX will keep these, and little else, on the market]
    • Mention something about "sales to children," "danger to children," "horrors of nicotine addiction" in every newspaper, television, etc interview possible [every non-profit and government agency does this "for the sake of the children" without fail]
    • Ban underage sale

Seriously, we all know kids hit the floor with one thought on their minds each day: "Now, how can I please my parents today?" ...yeah, right. If yours do this, it really is illegal to keep them locked in a cage. [Trying to escape captivity is the only scenario I can come up with where this mindset might exist.] If your local elementary banned red crayons, what do you think would happen? :closedeyes:

8. BoiseMike

BoiseMike Senior Member ECF Veteran

Apr 9, 2009
    Boise, ID USA
    I don't think they'll waste much time over it. Only 2 seconds to think, "Hey, ban something? I'm for it!" and they'll have a unanimous vote. Then on to more freedom restricting legislation. I think they spent maybe 3 seconds banning the evil "Spice", for everyone. Not just minors.
    Honestly, the only part that bothers me is the restrictions on internet sales which would affect the few online sellers we have in the state. Otherwise it just brings their sale in line with tobacco products.
    Sadly, it's no longer the Idaho I moved to in '97. Sometimes I wonder if I'll have to move to Wyoming someday to get away from the nanny.

9. rothenbj

rothenbj Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    "I love children, if they're cooked properly." WC Fields

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.