Status
Not open for further replies.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
can't clean filler cartos, tried some of them before.

Yeah, that maybe true.

But it seems that every time I turn around you are having some Problem with the Mouth Piece or with Filling or with Leaking or with Air Bubbles or with Dry Burning or with ???...

Just say'n that Maybe the Visions just aren’t for you.

badkolo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
Whitestone , New York USA
we all know the vision, it isnt that hard, you remove the mouth peace, you fill it, you replace the mouthpeace, let it soak then you vape.

i can do this time and time again, thousands and thousands of people throughout the world are doing the exact same thing and rebuying them in droves for that reason, THEY WORK, now i will admit to the fact that there are hundreds of thousands being made and sold and becuase of that you will always have a few that might not work properly.

in robs case I simply have no clue whats going on, i have no video to go by, but i want rob to contact me in pm and im going to do a test and have something for him with a vision and see if that helps him out.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

in robs case I simply have no clue whats going on, i have no video to go by, but i want rob to contact me in pm and im going to do a test and have something for him with a vision and see if that helps him out.

You have to say one thing.

Bad and gotvapes goes the Extra Mile when it comes to Helping Customers get the most out of their gear. Kinda the "No Vaper Left Behind" policy.

You're a Good Man Bad and I hope you had a Great Christmas.

Briar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2009
A fool on the hill in Deposit, NY
Rob, maybe you can make a video?

we all know the vision, it isnt that hard, you remove the mouth peace, you fill it, you replace the mouthpeace, let it soak then you vape.

i can do this time and time again, thousands and thousands of people throughout the world are doing the exact same thing and rebuying them in droves for that reason, THEY WORK, now i will admit to the fact that there are hundreds of thousands being made and sold and becuase of that you will always have a few that might not work properly.

Briar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2009
Aha! An idea forms. You say that you glow them for five secs. That means you wait until they start glowing, then wait five secs, and then turn the batt off, yes?

This may be the problem. If the coil is crudded, it will take awhile before it lights up.

I do this: turn on the batt for five secs and five secs only, whether the coil lights up or not. Wait until it's cool (about 20 secs), and repeat. Once the coil glows at some point during the five secs (no matter what color), I only do it twice more and I'm done - I clean the thing of ash with a very soft brush, rinse it, and go.

It may be you are overheating the coil in the initial stages.

usually I glow them for about 4 to 5 seconds, I do that like 5 times or so. at any rate, the vision actually lit up the whole coil last night, the other couple times when i did visions, it was lighting up like one part of the coil and thats it.

robl45

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2010
florida
and another just died. my second giant, done with those at 9 bucks a pop. I dry burned it the other night fine and it was working today till about 2pm, then it just wasn't producing smoke like it should, i figured i would dry burn it again,but had the same results as the first vision i talked about in this thread, just was sputtering a bit and then finally died. I don't believe the dry burning method had anything to do with it, like the other one, I think it was just ready to die. just too damn fast they die. so hoping to try the 2 new vision things listed and hopefully they will last a little longer.

robl45

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2010
florida
i don't know how you do it rob. 120 ml through the one vision im using right now...up to 15 burns now. can not kill it no matter what i do. maybe your battery hates visions.

4 different batteries, maybe they all hate visions. i do probably 1 full tank a day on the giants, so by your standards, that would last at least a month, i'd be happy with that for 9 bucks, but i'm getting a week out of these things. hopefully the new stuff is better, i'm pretty much stuck with the fluxes now, which work but are far from ideal, 2 regular visions left, suspect they die before the new stuff can arrive and one isn't out of the package yet :)

kelleymcm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2010
oklahoma city
I have "popped" a few, & I have learned I just HAVE TO PAY attention & count ... I just rinse off a few seconds & then fold it up in p.towel & carry to back room (the magnifying light is there) & squish water out of wick carefully w/P.towel & dry burn ...& I have to count or they can "pop" ....push button 1,2,3,4,5, let up wait a few seconds & repeat till the glow is all the way across & wick within coil is white again (patience is key here), then I blow in it to remove ash ...check under magnifier & if clean ....reassemble & vape .

sorry you are having so many problems w/them Rob ....

robl45

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2010
florida
ordered 2 each of the new stardust and stone visions, i hope to god they last longer than the regular visions :)

ninfreak: thats what i can do with the fluxes, i can't kill them unless i break the wire taking them apart because i'm rushing. i dont' think its the dryburn thats killing them, i think they just gunk up and die.

ninfreak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2011
burkesville, kentucky
i have noticed that when they gunk up way too much they will push the coils together/apart.... if that happens wires pop cause they are touching. try to never get them to that point even with these new ones. never actually had that happen but i have heard of such things. stay away from sweet liquids!

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
i have noticed that when they gunk up way too much they will push the coils together/apart.... if that happens wires pop cause they are touching. try to never get them to that point even with these new ones. never actually had that happen but i have heard of such things. stay away from sweet liquids!

I have noticed that as well. When they gunk up, the coil wires will raise up and separate from the wicks a little bit. Sometimes enough to touch the underside of the cup seal.
I did have one new Vision a couple days ago that tasted "off" right from the start. When I took the seal out, I noticed that the coil wired must have been wrapped incorrectly from the factory. They were all pushed together in one spot, instead of spread out across the wick. I cleaned it out and dry burned it, and it burned the wick in half.

Briar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2009
... stay away from sweet liquids!

Ummmm... In my humble opinion, there is a problem with that. We use the equipment so we can vape, we don't vape so we can use the equipment. If a person enjoys sweet liquids, they should use them, even if it shortens the life of their cartos. Like I said, IMHO.

On the other hand, I use sweet, sometimes 100% VG, liquids. All the time. Haven't killed a Visions yet. But I don't let them get too crudded either. I clean often.

Rob, for what it's worth, I do think the problem is with dry-burning, otherwise everyone would be having the same problems you do, and we are not.

Unless, by some stroke of abysmal luck, all your Visions have bunched up coils? If that's the case, then there was a bad batch that you got a lion's share of.

Otherwise, if I were you, I'd try cleaning more often, and in much shorter bursts. Say, 3 seconds on (and only 3 secs, whether the coil lights up or not), 20 secs off, 3 secs on, etc, until the entire coil glows, then rinse and let dry.

Of course, if you like the new stuff, the whole question will be mute, since they are supposed to have thicker coils. :)

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Stay away from Sweet e-Liquids?

To me that is like saying Give Up Coffee in the Mourning.

I use Mostly Sweet 30% PG | 70% VG DIY e-Liquids. When I say Sweet, I'm talking Maple Syrup Sweet.

Yes the Sweeteners and the VG "gunk" up the Wick/Coil. No Big News here. But I do something that Prolongs the Time Period between Dry Burns.

And that is to Gently Clean Off the Wick/Coil at Every Refill with a Dentek Dental Brush. I equate it to Brushing and Flossing your Teeth. Without this Cleaning at each Refill, I can Usually go about 4 Refills on an XL CE2. With the Cleaning I can go About 7 or 8.

Rob...

Regardless of what Anyone says, Every Time you Dry Burn a CE2, you are Reducing the Lifespan of the Coil Wire. Dry Burning should be down as a Last Resort. It is Rare that One of My CE2's will Die Except During Dry Burn.

So Anything that can be done to Extend the Period between Dry Burns, Or to Minimize the Time Needed to Dry Burn should be Tried.

The Dentek Brush Usually Doubles the Amount of Refills I can do. But what about the Actual Time Needed to do the Dry Burn? This is where Soaking the to be Dry Burned CE2 comes in.

Any amount of 'Gunk" that can be Dissolved from the Wick/Coil BEFORE Dry Burning is going to Minimize the Dry Burn Process.

Soaking the Wick/Coil in PGA, Vodka or White Vinegar helps Dissolve the "Gunk" and Greatly Reduces the Amount of Power Needed to Clean the Wick/Coil. Soak in whatever you like and then Rinse/Dry with Hot Water. Think of it as Scraping the Grime off the sides of Oven Before you set it to Self Clean.

Last thing. Dry Burning isn't about Making the Coil Burn Red. It's about Making Smoke.

Hold the your PV Button Down Until you see the First Coil or Two turn Orange. Let off. Let the CE2 Cool Off for 15 Seconds. Repeat. Do this Until No More Smoke comes off the Wick/Coil. Only then go for a Complete Red Glow for No More 2 Seconds.

Your Done. The Dry Burn Is Complete. The Wick/Coil Doesn't have to be 100% Snow White.

I think Most People Lose their CE2's trying to get the Last Bit of Wick Snow White. It doesn't Need to be.

Hope this Helps Rob.

BTW - You can Replace the word CE2 in the above Post with Whatever you are using Except Filler-Type Carto.

The Concept is the Same for Anything that has a Wick/Coil and uses No Filler.

Last edited:

robl45

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2010
florida
right thats why I try to dryburn as little as possible. the visions just seem to gunk up and die while the fluxes can be cleaned and dryburned again. it might be do to the fact that the ce2's, at least the ones I use are 2.4-2.6.

as for the cleaning, if I cleaned the way you do, I'd probably be doing it every day.

its definate they are getting gunked, they are brown and gunky, I will probably have to change liquids once i finish this. have another 180 ml to go of this stuff.

i haven't tried soaking them before cleaning, I will try that next time, i don't have any vodka, but I think we have some white vinegar. what about the crest mouthwash or efferdent that you clean atomizers in.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
right thats why I try to dryburn as little as possible. the visions just seem to gunk up and die while the fluxes can be cleaned and dryburned again. it might be do to the fact that the ce2's, at least the ones I use are 2.4-2.6.

as for the cleaning, if I cleaned the way you do, I'd probably be doing it every day.

its definate they are getting gunked, they are brown and gunky, I will probably have to change liquids once i finish this. have another 180 ml to go of this stuff.

i haven't tried soaking them before cleaning, I will try that next time, i don't have any vodka, but I think we have some white vinegar. what about the crest mouthwash or efferdent that you clean atomizers in.

Hitting the Wick/Coil with a Dentek Brush takes about 27 Extra Seconds when you refill. You'rs not Really "Cleaning" the Wick/Coil, Just getting the bulk of the "Gunk" off the Wick/Coil. That way It doesn't form a "Gunk" ball from Hell.

Stay away from Denture Cleaners or Mouth Wash. They can contain all kinds of thing that your might not want to Vaporize and put in your Lungs.

I use White Vinegar because IMO it works as well as Alcohol and a Gallon of White Vinegar cost about a Dollar Two Ninety Eight.

robl45

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2010
florida
maybe I don't know what type of brush that is. don't you have to take out the cup seal from the vision or ce2 to do that?

Hitting the Wick/Coil with a Dentek Brush takes about 27 Extra Seconds when you refill. You'rs not Really "Cleaning" the Wick/Coil, Just getting the bulk of the "Gunk" off the Wick/Coil. That way It doesn't form a "Gunk" ball from Hell.

Stay away from Denture Cleaners or Mouth Wash. They can contain all kinds of thing that your might not want to Vaporize and put in your Lungs.

I use White Vinegar because IMO it works as well as Alcohol and a Gallon of White Vinegar cost about a Dollar Two Ninety Eight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread